StarCraft® II

A Possible P Solution to Infestors

Hello all! You may have seen yesterday that Big Bad Browder himself posted on some possible solutions for the Infestor (if not, http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5848167253?page=1).

One of these interested me. Buffing the counters to the Infestor, such as feedback, and EMP.
But the thing is, that would be harder to balance, as feedback is already quite powerful, and EMP has long been complained about.

So, why not make High Templar faster?

-This would allow quicker Feedbacks

-There would be less of a delay between you casting Feedback and the HT actually doing it

-Zerg would have to be aware of the positioning of the HT(s), and perhaps have to burrow-micro, something that would be quite awesome to see, frankly.

-And, of course, less crying on the forums

The High Templar is currently at 1.875 speed, while an (unupgraded) zealot is at 2.25. Perhaps add .225 to our psionic friend's speed (making it 2.1) so that he wouldn't lag so far behind the rest of the army.

Please discuss. Feedback is appreciated (pun intended).
Edited by Elemental on 11/12/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Elemental
Feedback is appreciated (pun intended).

We nerds do appreciate a witty pun, however that was just such a flop.
Reply Quote
Another Infestor Thread...

Lick
Reply Quote

Lick

How has your tongue not fallen off after all of this licking? Can you even taste anything anymore?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Cerberus
Can you even taste anything anymore?

He can only taste Infestors now......
Reply Quote

Lick

This is actually a High Templar thread, thank you very much.
Reply Quote

Lick

*Looks at title*
"A Possible Protoss Solution to Infestors"

Sounds like an infestor imbalance thread to me
Reply Quote

*Looks at title*
"A Possible Protoss Solution to Infestors"

Sounds like an infestor imbalance thread to me

It's not so much that infestors are imba, it's more that most people have a hard time playing against them. That's the way I think of it.
Reply Quote
Wait, how will thisaffect the PvT matchup. Terran would lose even more vs. Protoss.
Reply Quote
Wait, how will this affect the PvT matchup. Terran would lose even more vs. Protoss.

Well, terran can unit split. On the lower levels, making marauders and/or mech will be a possible solution.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Elemental
Well, terran can unit split. On the lower levels, making marauders and/or mech will be a possible solution.

Marauders are essentially Marines with more heath. Forcefield + Storm + Colossus + Archon = GG

Mech < Imortal + Feedback + Archons
Reply Quote
how about just boosting storm damage. +10 vs psionic aka ghost, ht, infestor making it equal to infestors health.

For terran

Raven changes increase vision to 12, increase radius of seeker missile to 3 against psionic maybe stuns psionic criters.
Reply Quote
Marauders are essentially Marines with more heath. Forcefield + Storm + Colossus + Archon = GG

Mech < Imortal + Feedback + Archons

Going Templar tech, it'll be hard to have more than a few immortals, at least until 3 bases. Also, the P composition you mentioned above will be quite hard to pull off, seeing as you couldn't have too many HTs, or you wouldn't have an army, and too many archons, and even one ghost would be devastating.

Marauders have more than double a marine's health, for less cost than a stalker. They can handle storms, which does a total of 80 damage in 4 seconds.

Again, the composition mentioned would be very gas heavy, so sentries should be scarce.
Reply Quote
this change effects tvp more then pvz and it effects a lot more of the game then just controlling infestors. HT can be used against anything zerg has (besides maybe ultralisks) a increase in speed will help against everything fairly equally.

so could u put it in without breaking the game? idk maybe but the better question is does it do what your thread tital says and what its supose to do "A Possible P Solution to Infestors"

No it has nothing to do with Infestors and it not even really dealing with them.
Edited by Aramil on 11/12/2012 10:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
how about just boosting storm damage. +10 vs psionic aka ghost, ht, infestor making it equal to infestors health.

For terran

Raven changes increase vision to 12, increase radius of seeker missile to 3 against psionic maybe stuns psionic criters.

It seems kind of pointless to have extra damage against psionic units.

For HTs, Psi Storm already does a good amount of damage to infestors, and +10 would break the game.

As for Ravens, most Terrans don't seem to use them until the lategame, and they cost quite a chunk. I like the idea of Ravens being psionic hunters though.
Reply Quote
remove the ability to hit cloaked units, infestor doesn't need this ability and now has a direct counter.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Aramil
this change effects tvp more then pvz and it effects a lot more of the game then just controlling infestors. HT can be used against anything zerg has (besides maybe ultralisks) a increase in speed will help against everything fairly equally.

PvZ: Zerglings are basically free (once you get a couple of expansions), roaches are armored and can burrow to rapidly heal and escape. Hydras, with their speed upgrade, should be able to dodge and/or snipe High Temps. Mutas can usually run away, and corruptors are a very tanky unit. Clumped broodlords may be in trouble, but their large size usually spreads them out.

PvT: As I said before, it will be hard for a Protoss to have a good amount of sentries AND a good amount of HTs, which can be EMP'd or plain sniped. Marauders can withstand Psionic storm, and the casting range is 9, so sieged tanks would take care of any psi storms.

Edit: In PvT, I'm assuming that once T sees High Templar Tech, he will go for ghosts. This is usually what happens, in my experience.
Edited by Elemental on 11/12/2012 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:23 AMPosted by OpenWound
remove the ability to hit cloaked units, infestor doesn't need this ability and now has a direct counter.

Which is countered by overseers.
Reply Quote
It seems kind of pointless to have extra damage against psionic units.

For HTs, Psi Storm already does a good amount of damage to infestors, and +10 would break the game.

As for Ravens, most Terrans don't seem to use them until the lategame, and they cost quite a chunk. I like the idea of Ravens being psionic hunters though.

+10 against psionic meaning if infestors get in a storm they die. Extra damage against psionic is so it does not affect anything but infestors. If less effective could make infested terrans psionic too but that might be OP.

Yeah terrans don't make ravens right now....so why not give a reason too make ravens? besides detection for those infestors crawling in the dirt. Big problem with raven is the inability to see infestors before being fungal'd so need to increase sight range. What else does it effect? well detection of ghost, roaches, Dts so all around just more handy. Might get less terrans throwing scans and making 1-2 ravens.

I don't think infestors need nerfs I think the counters are ineffective.

My point of view for what it is worth.
Edited by ProdofVoid on 11/12/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Elemental

Which is countered by overseers.
which can be killed by lots of things, it's a rock paper scissors game that is the point
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]