StarCraft® II

Hots Beta Open?

EDIT: It would seem there has been some sort of mix up with the old 1.5 beta clients being turned into Hots beta clients or something. You can download it, you just can't actually play it because your account doesn't have access to the hots beta. Sorry to get people's hopes up.

I recently found that on my account page it lists the Hots beta twice under my game accounts. However I do not have the option to post on the beta forum and I also haven't gotten an email to my account about being invited to the beta. Is this some sort of a bug that it's listed or has the beta become open and now anyone can join?
Edited by ZeroTheDark on 11/12/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Check your spam filter. My email from Blizzard was in there. Just try downloading the beta from where it says it is in your profile. The beta is not open but participants are selected at random.
Reply Quote
Not in my spam filter (I haven't checked my email lately so it could be so old that it has been deleted), but I can't post on the beta forum either which is a bit confusing. I'll actually try and download it here in the next few mins though.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 04:06 PMPosted by ZeroTheDark
Not in my spam filter (I haven't checked my email lately so it could be so old that it has been deleted), but I can't post on the beta forum either which is a bit confusing. I'll actually try and download it here in the next few mins though.

Go to your email and search "Blizzard". All emails from Blizzard should be there from all folders (at least for gmail it is). I had to do a search to check for mine, so maybe it wasn't spam filter, but it didn't show up on my phone (my main way of checking email).
Reply Quote
no email either....but beta in profile for me too....

wait..what?!?!?!
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 04:02 PMPosted by ZeroTheDark
I recently found that on my account page it lists the Hots beta twice under my game accounts. However I do not have the option to post on the beta forum and I also haven't gotten an email to my account about being invited to the beta. Is this some sort of a bug that it's listed or has the beta become open and now anyone can join?

I'm having the exact same problem as you can't tell if i got in or this is some cruel joke by the blizzard staff.
Reply Quote
I never got the email but I check my profile, with little hope, and there it was.
Reply Quote
lol I got it too.
Reply Quote
got it as well wtf
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 04:13 PMPosted by blitz
lol I got it too.

kick !@#, should play it.

just down loaded the client thing and have tomorrow off, might be trying beta O.o
Reply Quote
So I downloaded it and it's icon is the same as the one for the 1.5 beta but when you play it, it says it's loading the Hots beta. But I can't log it because it says that I don't have a game account for that region. I think what happened is there is some sort of mix up with the old 1.5 patch beta and the hots beta.
Reply Quote
Quick, everyone delete/edit their posts!
Reply Quote
i got excited there for a minute =( why do you tease us like this blizzard.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 04:16 PMPosted by ZeroTheDark
So I downloaded it and it's icon is the same as the one for the 1.5 beta but when you play it, it says it's loading the Hots beta. But I can't log it because it says that I don't have a game account for that region. I think what happened is there is some sort of mix up with the old 1.5 patch beta and the hots beta.

Same. I'm wondering why I can't log in and play... T_T
Reply Quote
i downloaded it but it wont let me log in for some reason..... wtf is happening
Reply Quote
Same here. The Beta has been added to both my accounts. I have downloaded the client, but when I attempt to login, I get the following error message:

Your account has no game accounts that can be used in this region. Are you using the correct client?
Edited by Apex on 11/12/2012 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

So I downloaded it and it's icon is the same as the one for the 1.5 beta but when you play it, it says it's loading the Hots beta. But I can't log it because it says that I don't have a game account for that region.

Same. I'm wondering why I can't log in and play... T_T

I literally put my theory as to why you can't log in to play in the quote you posted from me

I think what happened is there is some sort of mix up with the old 1.5 patch beta and the hots beta.
Reply Quote
ill wait till tommorrow to see what happens. i was watching a stream on twitch when someone said that hots was open testing now. so i went to my account and there it was. i think we just have to wait a little and blizzard might send us the emails.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Ponera
got it as well wtf
Reply Quote
Yea I heard about it while watching incontrol's stream and figured I should ask here if anyone else knew or for the possibility of an official response.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]