StarCraft® II

Hots Beta Open?

Got it here too... This is some sort of cruel, twisted joke by Dustin Browder and David Kim, to be sure.

They're probably sitting in D Browder's office, one monitor showing this thread, the other playing HotS; they're laughing their heads off at our excitement.

11/12/2012 04:41 PMPosted by zappy
It appears that they have changed to public test regions into to the heart of the swarm beta. Nothing see here i am afraid.

Obviously, but the better question is: Why? If you click on it, it shows the HotS logo, everything looks very official, and it reads "download beta". In fact, there are no PTR remnants at all. I've never seen Blizzard make a mistake like this before.

We'll certainly see.
Edited by IndigO on 11/12/2012 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
I bet HeReTiC is laughing as hard as I am.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:00 PMPosted by VIPER
I bet HeReTiC is laughing as hard as I am.

It is pretty funny.... Ponera was right, Blizzard doesn't want to be outdone.
Reply Quote
I don't believe that it has anything to do with the PRT, I think it's more closely related to the old 1.5 patch beta instead. When I downloaded the installer it replaced my beta installer and used the same icon as the 1.5 beta. Also the 1.5 beta also had 2 sections or whatever for it called [SCII-1] and [SCII-2] just like what we are seeing on our account page.
Reply Quote
In fact, there are no PTR remnants at all. I've never seen Blizzard make a mistake like this before.

We'll certainly see.

Exactly. I downloaded it. Opened it. Came up as Heart of the Swarm Beta and everything.

Went to log in and it even had me acknowledge the user agreement. Got excited... then it hit:

INVALID LOGIN
Your account has no game accounts that can be used in this region. Are you using the correct client?

I even clicked "Region" on the left side to change from NA to Local host and tried SCI and SCII on both NA and Local Host... same message.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 04:58 PMPosted by IndigO
Obviously, but the better question is: Why? If you click on it, it shows the HotS logo, everything looks very official, and it reads "download beta". In fact, there are no PTR remnants at all. I've never seen Blizzard make a mistake like this before.
The PTR is superfluous now thanks to the HotS beta because any new changes will be for HotS. having both is redundant so the PTR has merged with the beta.
Reply Quote
This sucks...I was kind of excited
Reply Quote
DAT BLIZZARD!
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:07 PMPosted by zappy
The PTR is superfluous now thanks to the HotS beta because any new changes will be for HotS. having both is redundant so the PTR has merged with the beta.

Mmmm.

So we're down to honest mistake or the biggest and most effective Blizzard troll ever.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:10 PMPosted by IndigO
most effective Blizzard troll ever.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem, and this seems correct. I'm Pysces#517.
Reply Quote
How have none of the blues shown up to explain this yet?
Reply Quote
I have two accounts and only one got the HOTS on the site. That one had PTR from WOL while the other did not and did not receive the beta.

Can't login tho.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:22 PMPosted by zappy

More evidence for:

the biggest and most effective Blizzard troll ever.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:24 PMPosted by IndigO

More evidence for:

the biggest and most effective Blizzard troll ever.
Indigo, on behalf of everybody here, if you wish to continue being correct, start predicting that they beta will be open and that blizzard is not just trolling us. thank you. you are way to accurate and i think you may have powers, use them for good, not evil.
Reply Quote
biggest and most effective Blizzard troll ever.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 05:26 PMPosted by zappy

More evidence for:

Indigo, on behalf of everybody here, if you wish to continue being correct, start predicting that they beta will be open and that blizzard is not just trolling us. thank you. you are way to accurate and i think you may have powers, use them for good, not evil.

Thank you zappy. I appreciate the vote of confidence.

So glad you agree. I am pretty amazing. They call me the Farseer in the Court of HeReTiCiA.
Reply Quote
Client works, login does not.

GG Blizzard. You got me.
Reply Quote
If this is a Blizzard mistake/troll, I may cry for the rest of my life.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]