Oh boy.....(Regarding the Election)

What an interesting thread.
Reply Quote
No scriptures. We've avoided stepping on Blizz's toes so far, I don't know how much longer we can avoid it if you do that.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Warhawk
I've had and heard about a number of highly unusual experiences that have no good scientific explantation. (No, no drugs involved.) So I'll say that a believe that there could be a higher power in the universe. (call it what you will; god, allah, etc.)

Lol, okay so you have common sense to believe that we didn't just go "POOF."

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that and they tremble in terror."
James 2:19
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Zarkun
No scriptures. We've avoided stepping on Blizz's toes so far, I don't know how much longer we can avoid it if you do that.

I'll take a temp Ban to tell you guys a little about the Bible and how it aligns with some of the stuff we see today :)

Besides, we already posted a ton of links and stuff. If we were getting into a flame war about it thats one thing, but we are just having a civilized discussion. Unlike SOME threads on these forums...

Sorry btw, you ninja'd me.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:23 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
I've had and heard about a number of highly unusual experiences that have no good scientific explantation. (No, no drugs involved.) So I'll say that a believe that there could be a higher power in the universe. (call it what you will; god, allah, etc.)

The big bang theory has a ton, and I mean a TON of credibility. If you're implying it's wrong, well, you're also most likely wrong.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Dacder

The big bang theory has a ton, and I mean a TON of credibility. If you're implying it's wrong, well, you're also most likely wrong.

Before I enter any kind of debate I just want to say that we are simply just having a friendly debate :)

Links to your TONS of credibility?
Reply Quote
I just said no fights. I mean no fights. Come on guys. I believe in intelligent design, but that isn't a discussion for here.
Reply Quote
You didn't say no fights, you said no scripture. We aren't fighting, we're debating HUGE difference.

11/07/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Zarkun
but that isn't a discussion for here.

Probably right, but I'd be happy to oblige if he wants to explain how the big-bang theory has a ton of credibility.
Reply Quote

Before I enter any kind of debate I just want to say that we are simply just having a friendly debate :)

Links to your TONS of credibility?
Well, first off, I'm surprised you didn't learn about it in school.

Second, The fact that galaxies are constantly moving away from each other is pretty much enough evidence in itself. Third, google isn't working for me right now, so I can't link anything.
Reply Quote
Response to first off:
I did learn it in school. My professer told me the whole story.

"in the beginning there was smoke and dust. That smoke and dust gathered together into a tiny dot and then exploded creating the world we see today." He said... lol

I also learned a bunch of other Crap that makes NO logical sense. I also beat my teacher in a debate about it.

Response to Second:
What about Uranus? That planet is rotating a completely different direction then all the others.

So your argument is essentially:

All the galaxies are moving away from each other

Therefore the big-bang theory is true.

You also have to realize that the big-bang theory, isn't really a theory. It has not passed the scientific method as a theory.

My response to that fact is this:

Imagine a mary-go-round with a bunch of kids on it. Now imagine a bunch of football players spinning the mary-go-round as fast as they possibly can. What happens to the kids? They all fly away from the mary-go-round EVEN if they are holding on to the center handle bar as tightly as they can.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 11/7/2012 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Response to first off:
I did learn it in school. My professer told me the whole story.

"in the beginning there was smoke and dust. That smoke and dust gathered together into a tiny dot and then exploded creating the world we see today." He said... lol

I also learned a bunch of other Crap that makes NO logical sense. I also beat my teacher in a debate about it.

Response to Second:
What about Uranus? That planet is rotating a completely different direction then all the others. Plus there can be a logical explanation to that:

Imagine a mary-go-round with a bunch of kids on it. Now imagine a bunch of football players spinning the mary-go-round as fast as they possibly can. What happens to the kids? They all fly away from the mary-go-round EVEN if they are holding on to the center handle bar as tightly as they can.
"Second, galaxies appear to be moving away from us at speeds proportional to their distance. This is called "Hubble's Law," named after Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) who discovered this phenomenon in 1929. This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted. "

"if the universe was initially very, very hot as the Big Bang suggests, we should be able to find some remnant of this heat. In 1965, Radioastronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered a 2.725 degree Kelvin (-454.765 degree Fahrenheit, -270.425 degree Celsius) Cosmic Microwave Background radiation (CMB) which pervades the observable universe"
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astronomy/bigbang.html#firstlaw

I don't understand how you can look at Hubble's law and say there wasn't a big bang.

Also, Uranus probably spins like that due to an impact early in the history of our solar system. Believe it or not, but the Big Bang theory is generally considered correct.
Reply Quote
Crap, I edited real quick because I thought you weren't going to respond for a while. So sorry :(

That's Okay, you kind of dodged my questions.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 11/7/2012 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just to put in my two cents here, I believe in both the Bible and the Big Bang. I personally believe that they can coexist with each other. Same with evolution, to some extent. I believe in the scientific explanation, but also that it was intentionally guided as opposed to a random process.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 11/7/2012 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Really guys, find a different place. Try a chatroom. It could become quite heated and you're both inclined to your own opinion and that's fine. Just admit that you have them.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:02 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Crap, I edited real quick because I thought you weren't going to respond for a while. So sorry :(
Ehhh no problem, but I don't see your problem with accepting the theory (which is close to a law at this point). I mean, virtually every really good scientist currently believes in it.

11/07/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
Just to put in my two cents here, I believe in both the Bible and the Big Bang. I personally believe that they can coexist with each other.
Indeed, same thing here.

11/07/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Zarkun
Really guys, find a different place. Try a chatroom. It could become quite heated and you're both inclined to your own opinion and that's fine. Just admit that you have them.
I don't know a chatroom we could use, but I do think that's a good idea.
Edited by Dacder on 11/7/2012 9:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Dacder
This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.

It suggests it, But logic debunks it. See my mary-go-round analogy above.

Also, just because there are waves of microwave heat, doesn't mean there was a "big bang." All that means is there are waves of microwave heat.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:07 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.

It suggests it, But logic debunks it. See my mary-go-round analogy above.

Also, just because there are waves of microwave heat, doesn't mean there was a "big bang." All that means is there are waves of microwave heat.
I...don't even know how to respond to an analogy that vague. I honestly have no idea what the point was there.

Oh, by the way, Hubble's law? It's proven through observation, not a single theory of observation has gone against it since it's formation. I think it's defiantly sufficient evidence .
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Dacder
Ehhh no problem, but I don't see your problem with accepting the theory (which is close to a law at this point). I mean, virtually every really good scientist currently believes in it.

It doesn't even pass the scientific method. Can you find me any sources? You are just saying stuff, it is not even close to a law!

Every good scientist believes in it because if they don't they get discredited for some stupid reason.

11/07/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
I believe in both the Bible and the Big Bang.

The Bible claims the universe was built in six days -_- The big bang theory claims it took millions of years. How do you believe both?
Reply Quote
Any chatroom suggestions?
Reply Quote

I believe in both the Bible and the Big Bang.

The Bible claims the universe was built in six days -_- The big bang theory claims it took millions of years. How do you believe both?
Alright, those six days? Figurative.
If nothing else, we have proven (yes proven, through radio-metric dating and the like) that the earth is over 4 billion years old.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]