StarCraft® II

Oh boy.....(Regarding the Election)

Search them, or find a DA one.
Reply Quote
Ehhh no problem, but I don't see your problem with accepting the theory (which is close to a law at this point). I mean, virtually every really good scientist currently believes in it.

It doesn't even pass the scientific method. Can you find me any sources? You are just saying stuff, it is not even close to a law!

Every good scientist believes in it because if they don't they get discredited for some stupid reason.

I believe in both the Bible and the Big Bang.

The Bible claims the universe was built in six days -_- The big bang theory claims it took millions of years. How do you believe both?
Biblical day =/= earthly day. Or at least it may not. Remember, the day/night cycle may not have even been as it is now at that time, since, well, the Sun didn't even exist until a little ways in. Days (normal days) are based on the Earth's rotation, and however would we even know how quickly it rotated at that point?

edit: As for a chatroom: http://chat.deviantart.com/chat/JoeyraysOverflow

Assuming you have dA accounts. If not, they're pretty painless to set up.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 11/7/2012 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Dacder
If nothing else, we have proven (yes proven, through radio-metric dating and the like) that the earth is over 4 billion years old.

Sources? It's simple math. The population of the world in 2009 was 6.8 billion. In 1955 it was 2.8 billion. Your numbers dont add up.

11/07/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Dacder
Alright, those six days? Figurative.

Can't tell if sarcasm...

... or just disrespect
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Owlfeathers

Can you tell me how please?

11/07/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
Biblical day =/= earthly day. Or at least it may not. Remember, the day/night cycle may not have even been as it is now at that time, since, well, the Sun didn't even exist until a little ways in. Days (normal days) are based on the Earth's rotation, and however would we even know how quickly it rotated at that point?

It doesn't really matter, the fact is the Bible clearly states it was created in six days.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 11/7/2012 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:17 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
If nothing else, we have proven (yes proven, through radio-metric dating and the like) that the earth is over 4 billion years old.

Sources? It's simple math. The population of the world in 2009 was 6.8 billion. In 1955 it was 2.8 billion. Your numbers dont add up.

Alright, those six days? Figurative.

Can't tell if sarcasm...

... or just disrespect
1: I'm not even going to respond to that, sorry, but that....I think I'm done arguing this with you. Not to be mean but....wow....lack of history knowledge...
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:18 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise

Google deviantART. Click the first result. Click register. Self explanatory from there on out.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Dacder
1: I'm not even going to respond to that, sorry, but that....I think I'm done arguing this with you. Not to be mean but....wow....lack of history knowledge...

I'm combating you with logic and you say its lack of history knowledge? You still haven't given any sources!

But if you are finished debating, so am I. *Shakes hand* Doesn't change a thing, just a friendly debate.
Reply Quote
Dac, you shouldn't have started it in the first place. Mark, you shouldn't have started in.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:18 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise

It doesn't really matter, the fact is the Bible clearly states it was created in six days.
Sorry for double post (assuming no ninja).

What I mean, is that a day when the Earth takes 6 million years to turn once, is not the same as a day now. The Earth could certainly have been spinning at a slower speed at that time, thus allowing a "day" to be wayyy longer than it is now.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:21 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise

I'm combating you with logic and you say its lack of history knowledge? You still haven't given any sources!

But if you are finished debating, so am I. *Shakes hand* Doesn't change a thing, just a friendly debate.
Your "logic" fails to account for the recent population explosion due to recent advances in medical technology, farming, governments, and various other things.

Regardless, how about we just let this thread die?
Reply Quote
...Drop it! *Draws revolvers.* Or I shoot you both eight times.
Reply Quote
Zarkun is right, Im sorry guys. *Shakes hand again*

Please dont let this get in the way of ANYTHING. I just wanted to have a friendly debate.

11/07/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
What I mean, is that a day when the Earth takes 6 million years to turn once, is not the same as a day now. The Earth could certainly have been spinning at a slower speed at that time, thus allowing a "day" to be wayyy longer than it is now.

I see your point and it is actually the strongest point I have ever seen from someone with different beliefs then I, but then how do you explain it when the Bible goes into describe the fact that he created Eve from Adam's rib? Or the different animals being created at different tiems.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Dacder

Your "logic" fails to account for the recent population explosion due to recent advances in medical technology, farming, governments, and various other things.

Regardless, how about we just let this thread die?
Agreed about letting it die. This can be brought up in a chat room at a later date, but for now, I shall drop it. No more posts here unless it's about something that's already posted.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Zarkun
Drop it! *Draws revolvers.* Or I shoot you both eight times.

Lol, because Im scared of your imaginary revolver. (jk, jk I mean no disrespect)

I will respect your wishes.

Last post unless someone replies to me.

good debate fella's :) NO hard feelings please, we aren't in elementary school.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:28 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Drop it! *Draws revolvers.* Or I shoot you both eight times.

Lol, because Im scared of your imaginary revolver. (jk, jk I mean no disrespect)

I will respect your wishes.

Last post unless someone replies to me.

good debate fella's :) NO hard feelings please, we aren't in elementary school.
Agreed. *shakes hand* Now, I'm going to get some sleep. Good night, everyone.
Reply Quote
Good night, Owl :)

I hope Dac doesn't hate me now :(
Reply Quote
Good night, Owl :)

I hope Dac doesn't hate me now :(
Why would I hate someone for believing something? I am not one to judge, my friend. Now, goodnight Owl, I feel like some reading.
Reply Quote
Lol, we totally derailed this thread :P
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 07:20 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
lol... I accidently copied and pasted the wrong links. I happened to have that video open too. I edited it, please watch the video's then edit your post.

I'll keep it as is for the hilarity of that mistake.

11/07/2012 06:45 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o

My post on that video: "I think we are ignoring the most obvious fact here. That statute is a tradition that is incredibly old. I've never seen it and I doubt the majority of Americans have seen it. Our we are toward is face the flag and put our hands on our hearts. Such a silly video this is. A lot of Americans don't put their hands on their hearts. You ever been to a sports game? There are people every where with their hands not on their hearts. Think all of them hate the American flag and our country. Doubtful."

11/07/2012 07:20 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Its in the Quran, go read it yourself.

Go give me the passage. I'm not going through the whole damned Qur'an to find the passage you say is in there. If you are giving arguments, you cite your sources.

11/07/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Zarkun
The Quran is actually a muslim version of the bible.

Sorta. The Bible contains the Torah (the Old Testament) and the Qur'an contains parts of the Bible.

11/07/2012 07:35 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+do+Muslims+believe%3F

Cite your own sources before making wild claims or are you trolling us. .com sites don't count.

11/07/2012 07:35 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
That's like saying, "Catholics dont believe in Jesus, only Christians do."

And all Muslims hate America and want to kill us? Dude. Okay, you know what. Going through all your racist and hateful messages is grating on me. You know nothing of the Quran and you know nothing about Islam or what they believe in. Their are Muslims living in America who love American. You are claiming an entire RELIGION hates Democracy and the United States. Tell me again: What religion do they follow in Russia? Oh that's right. They are Orthodox Christians. They have been since the Middle Ages. They got along VERY well with the United States didn't they. I guess all Orthodox Christians hate Americans. Oh wait, we have 84,900 Orthdox Christians here. I guess we better lynch them all now.
Edited by Thecommander on 11/7/2012 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Must... Resist... urge.... Resisted :)

We dropped this a while ago, please delete your post or something?

I think you are crossing the line between friendly debate and... whatever is on the other side of that line.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]