why PvZ is broken!

When blizzard first balanced the game they gave each of the three races strength and weaknesses. Protoss weakness is lack of macro compared to the other two races. For example, Terran players have mules in TvP and Zerg players get an extremely fast third in ZvP. To make up for this blizzard intended to give Protoss the strongest and most cost efficient late game army. This however is not the case anymore in ZvP. It is now Zerg who truly have the death ball. The unstoppable broodlord and infestor army. Nothing can beat it if microed correctly! Vortex will never work in Masters. All the zerg has to due to split broods! And even if he doesn't, there are many options for the zerg player. The zerg player can camp, the longer the game lasts the better it is for the zerg. After all the zerg can always instantly remax!

This Imba imbalance in the match up leaves protoss players with only one option! And that is to 2base all in!
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Hassan
This Imba imbalance in the match up leaves protoss players with only one option! And that is to 2base all in!

Nah, you could always switch and find something else to complain about. :)
Reply Quote
I know a lot of zerg players that fumble and struggle to win if they are harassed at all with warp prisms and dark templars.
Reply Quote
No. Blizzard gave Terran and Protoss strengths, they gave Zerg weaknesses.
Reply Quote
Mothership templar archons blink stalker void ray rapes brofestor. Not that it matters but carriers own everything they just cost 5 billion dollars and 10 years to make.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Mox
Mothership templar archons blink stalker void ray rapes brofestor. Not that it matters but carriers own everything they just cost 5 billion dollars and 10 years to make.

unlikely, It takes a good zerg players about 16min game time to get his death ball. The Protoss death ball you mentions would take 20+ min game time and I would argue that it would still lose lol. Void rays suck, they naturally clump up and make it extremely easy for the zerg player to chain fungal. If only blizzard made carries valuable! :/
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 11:05 AMPosted by tBz

It's ok, if you want to defend your race then at least bring rational arguments!
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 10:14 AMPosted by ZergyMonster
I know a lot of zerg players that fumble and struggle to win if they are harassed at all with warp prisms and dark templars.

That is true, I do that all the time. However, if the zerg player plays extra safe and makes spins/spores at each of his bases, than DT harass would be a lot more less effective. In some cases it would actually put the protoss player behind.
Reply Quote
I hope you know that brood lord/infestor combo are extremely expensive. If you can deny his 3rd or 4th base there is no reason you shouldn't win.
Reply Quote
You didn't really bring any valid arguments to this thread, all you did was state what you think is unbalanced. You come here to complain, not propose any sort of change or a question to achieve a notable goal. Also, with your statement you brought no factual evidence to prove your point what so ever. Instead of not thinking and rushing a post you should do research on what you're arguing. Crank just beat viOlet twice in a mid-late game scenario, only when he did the two-base immortal all in did he falter.
Edited by Smokahontuss on 11/11/2012 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
ZvP is broken because forcefields make the zerg unable to engage a protoss army at all till he gets T3 so the zerg has no real choice but to go infestor brood or infestor ultras.
Reply Quote
i like the fact that a toss or terran can rush for tier 3 units and be ok but if zerg rushes for brood lords or ultras they lose if they get attacked especially if they add infestors too
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Nightwolf
ZvP is broken because forcefields make the zerg unable to engage a protoss army at all till he gets T3 so the zerg has no real choice but to go infestor brood or infestor ultras.

Drop? Mutas? Of course, with those the object isn't usually to kill the Protoss army but the Protoss economy.
Reply Quote

It's ok, if you want to defend your race then at least bring rational arguments!

The premise of your argument is irrational, Mr Bigot.
Edited by tBz on 11/12/2012 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Hassan
Vortex will never work in Masters. All the zerg has to due to split broods! And even if he doesn't, there are many options for the zerg player. The zerg player can camp, the longer the game lasts the better it is for the zerg. After all the zerg can always instantly remax!

It works very often in masters and grandmasters, please don't try to lie to make your statement appear feasable.

Vortex captures a huge aoe and if we split too hard it's easy to pick brood lords off.

Build 40 wargates. 5 robos, 5 stargates.

Now please, take the time to think of a real argument.
Reply Quote
mutas suck at actual combat tho so having them is just as much a liability as an assett. drops are easily denied because observers exist
Reply Quote
Hassan, did you really expect to post this in a Zerg forum and expect a bunch of people to agree they only play Zerg for the EZ WinZ? Terrans insisted they just played better when they were truly OP, and now Zergs are doing pretty well... what do you really expect them to say?
Reply Quote
Mutas on their own aren't the threat tbh. It's the combination of Muta/Ling/Roach that wrecks Protoss since Roaches are so cost-effective. It's not difficult to do too: tank with spines on 3 bases and make sure you have detection for DTs/Obs. Apply pressure with Ling groups. GG because Protoss is underprepared for Mutalisk pressure (since Stargate is way too much of a liability and a smart Zerg has enough before Templar Archives) and if the Protoss wins against the Mutas then a switch to mass Ling/Roach/Bane will end the game since Stargate units are terribad against ground units and mass Ling/Roach will wipeout the Stalkers will relative ease.

The biggest issue is not even wiping away the army of the Protoss. It's the fact that it's very easy to abuse Protoss immobility when Protoss is on more than one base. Even if the army and structures remain fine, the economy will die if the Zerg knows what it's doing. Even if the Protoss units aren't dead, the economy will be so bad that there really is no real way to recover other than to go all-in and hope to win. Simply put, Zerg has a very easy and convenient tech pathing, which is fine, but combine it with cost-effectiveness and there really is no decent way for Protoss to win against a smart Zerg taking this route in Wings of Liberty.
Edited by Jasiwel on 11/12/2012 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Nightwolf
mutas suck at actual combat tho so having them is just as much a liability as an assett. drops are easily denied because observers exist

Not to derail this enlightening thread, but you're doing it wrong. :) I'm really grateful for the time I've spent off-racing, because when I switched to Protoss I saw a ton of things Zergs do that I never did when I was a Zerg. I suggest you try it. You'll find that facing all the crap you never learned to execute properly is a lot tougher than you thought when someone a little more practiced at it is doing it to you. I still occasionally see muta play on streams, and it's still quite viable. It's just that infestor turtling to BLs is stronger.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]