Reason
Infestors.

yup
Reply Quote
I know that feel bro T_T
Reply Quote
FUNGAL EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Reply Quote
It was a balanced tourney representation (top 3 were z, p, and t). It was an ugly last battle but still a good series to watch.
Edited by RobWar on 11/11/2012 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am starting to think that flipping the metagame around by changing infestors before the WCS is finished isn't all that bad of an idea. Because that was just disappointing.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:12 PMPosted by RobWar
It was an ugly last battle but still a good series to watch.
I disagree... Bomber had to fight 2x as hard to win his games, visibly.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Nyaru
Did you really expect anything other then a Zerg winning? I now have no hope left that anyone can win any tournemnt that's not a Zerg.

Duh. People who play zerg are simply more skilled than people who play Terran.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Toortanga
lol... biased Zerg is biased.
Reply Quote
lol... biased Zerg is biased.

lol indeed considering Terrans are the one who came up with that argument when they were OP. Biased terrans are biased.
Edited by Toortanga on 11/11/2012 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol indeed. Because Terrans are the one who came up with that argument when they were OP. Biased terrans are biased.
Does not change facts, in this case. Such a bad tournament... Bomber totally did not deserve that loss.

FYI: I main Protoss - no bias from me, here.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Zamara
lol indeed. Because Terrans are the one who came up with that argument when they were OP. Biased terrans are biased.
Does not change facts, in this case. Such a bad tournament... Bomber totally did not deserve that loss.

FYI: I main Protoss - no bias from me, here.

I feel the same way. He lost both the games cuz fungal.
Reply Quote
So...it had nothing to do with Bomber's reaction to a fake roach all in and Stephano delaying Bomber's third while he double expanded and rushed hive? Both of them were playing nail bitingly close games at a ridiculously high level of play, but at the end Bomber choked and fell for Stephano's head games.

That last game on Ohana was well over before the fungals even landed - Stephano was on 5 bases, creep past half the map and already at hive at 14 minutes. Bomber just chose the wrong map to attempt his 3 base push (Ohana is narrow and short and creep spread is disproportionately good on that map).

The series was fantastic, and the two players were very closely matched, but Bomber blinked first. The series could have very easily gone Bomber's way.
Reply Quote
Bomber did win 3-2 before. Of course Stephano didn't use broodlord/corruptor those games did he? I don't think so anyway.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:31 PMPosted by stephead
That last game on Ohana was well over before the fungals even landed
Considering Bomber had an army that could defeat Stephano's, but it really only took 2 Fungals to negate that fact is more telling than how close each game was in this Final. Even discarding that, EVERY game was close ONLY because Bomber put in 2x the effort while Stephano basically had a huge economy lead no matter what Bomber did... It was sickening to see Bomber barely lose because Stephano basically a-moved a bunch of zerglings and banelings into marines that were fungaled, making it impossible for Bomber to micro any of his more valuable army units out of harms way to reward Bomber's micro skills, whereas Stephano's a-moves were rewarded with games won...

It was a stupid Finals. Period.
Reply Quote
Stephano all-in'd in game two of the Bo3, only to last another twenty minutes on two bases to four. Yeah... If the races were switched in a similar scenario, the game would have ended instantaneously.
Edited by iPEagleye on 11/11/2012 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:39 PMPosted by iPEagleye
Stephano all-in'd in game two of the Bo3, only to last another twenty minutes on two bases to four. Yeah... If the races were switched in a similar scenario, the game would have ended instantaneously.
Agreed.

It was a telling fact that Stephano would "all-in", then proceed to not lose the game still, after 20 mins and he STILL gets to expand...
Reply Quote
Stephano was on five bases with thousands in the bank and Bomber was on three with very few resources left. Even if that last engagement had gone differently Stephano was way ahead at that point. You can't say fungals are op based on one engagement. Stephano won the last game because he tricked Bomber at the start and delayed Bombers third while getting expansions and early hive.
Reply Quote
15 min 30

stephano has a few infestors
5 broods
like 10 corruptors
rest ling bane
3/3 done (3/3 just started for bomber)

lol
Reply Quote
bomber vs stephano:

set one score: 3-2

set two score: 1-2

overall score: 4-4

yep. imba.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]