StarCraft® II

What A Suprise

Agreed.

It was a telling fact that Stephano would "all-in", then proceed to not lose the game still, after 20 mins and he STILL gets to expand...

He was always going to lose that game after the failed all-in. He was always behind, despite some favourable engagements. In the end Bomber did what he should have done earlier and just doom drop the main.

So...it had nothing to do with Bomber's reaction to a fake roach all in and Stephano delaying Bomber's third while he double expanded and rushed hive? Both of them were playing nail bitingly close games at a ridiculously high level of play, but at the end Bomber choked and fell for Stephano's head games.

Exactly.

Stephano landed...what? Two, maybe three fungals in that big engagement? He actually didn't have THAT many infestors.

I look at the results of this tournament and see this:

1st - Zerg
2nd - Terran
3rd - Protoss

That looks like a pretty even distribution to me. Especially considering we had arguably the best foreigner right now and two koreans who are currently playing at Code A level in the top 3.

11/11/2012 09:42 PMPosted by ohsohigh
Stephano was on five bases with thousands in the bank and Bomber was on three with very few resources left. Even if that last engagement had gone differently Stephano was way ahead at that point. You can't say fungals are op based on one engagement. Stephano won the last game because he tricked Bomber at the start and delayed Bombers third while getting expansions and early hive.

Yep, this is the crux of it.

But Terrans don't see that. Terrans see he only won because of fungals. Never mind what happened in the game prior to that point. Like how Stephano forced out 4 bunkers from Bomber with a fake roach all-in. Or like how Bomber sacced a bunch of marines off to the left at the 4th base position before the major engagement happened. Or like how Stephano forced mutiple stims before Bomber had medivacs. Or like how Bomber extended too far onto creep and got his army annihilated. Or like how Bomber didn't have any vikings to help deal with the brood lords. None of those things influenced the outcome of the game, right? It was just fungals.
Edited by WhitePointer on 11/11/2012 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:42 PMPosted by ohsohigh
Bomber was on three with very few resources left.

11/11/2012 09:55 PMPosted by WhitePointer
He was always going to lose that game after the failed all-in. He was always behind, despite some favourable engagements.
You guys should take a look at the game on antiga shipyard. Stephano pulls out a 3base timing attack losing his entire army except 6-8 mutalisks, bomber's tank count gets reset. Bomber begins to push out with a decent supply lead. Only to get caught out of position losing his entire army. It was steamroll on equal bases. Stephano then transitions to brood/infestor with ease transitioning to four bases.

Zerg is more versatile, more mobile, has a stronger endgame army, cannot get caught out of position and has a micro negating ability that is available at lair which is viable against every single unit in the game. This unit also hard-counters protoss and terran's highest tier units. Hmmm...

11/11/2012 09:55 PMPosted by WhitePointer
Stephano landed...what? Two, maybe three fungals in that big engagement? He actually didn't have THAT many infestors.
Probably because Stephano doesn't want to be remembered for this-

http://imgur.com/of9RE
Edited by iPEagleye on 11/11/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm going to board the bandwagon.

Another Infestor Thread...

Lick
Reply Quote
I am literally a noob that bought the game yesterday, and first thing I was thinking was "those infestors seem a little overpowered if you're good at this...."

But if I can chime in, it seems to me that Zerg would just draw higher skilled players. Surely there must be a way to counter what people are complaining about for an equally skilled smart opponent.
Reply Quote
Bless your sweet soul Shrek. I love you.

On a serious note, I am of the persuasion that infestors are carrying zerg's adaptability. I feel, as a terran, that zerg's ability to be 'adaptable' is all smoke and mirrors. The infestor is a good unit, it deals with a lot of threats really well. but it's the ONLY zerg unit that really deals with everything aside from maybe queens.

you lose your army to fungal. They transition into the 15minutes brood tech. " OH MAH GAD, TOO SOO ADAPTABLIEEEE." When in reality it was the infestor defining the zerg race yet again.
Reply Quote
bomber vs stephano:

set one score: 3-2

set two score: 1-2

overall score: 4-4

yep. imba.

This.
Reply Quote
Another Infestor Thread...

Lick
Reply Quote
Everything's bigger in Texas.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Zamara
It was a telling fact that Stephano would "all-in", then proceed to not lose the game still, after 20 mins and he STILL gets to expand...

Was it not equally stupid when Bomber "all-in'd" with the scvs for those couple of games as well?

While I do agree it was an uphill battle for Bomber and one that appeared to take a large amount of effort for little gain, I still get a sour feeling in my stomach when I see scvs getting pulled for an engagement. It's smart... But that doesn't mean that I have to like it. Not when no other race can do the same while still managing to have a decent economy.

Though I would also like to point out the only reason those fungals worked as well as they did were because he was able to catch so many of Bomber's units with only a few fungals used.

15 min 30

stephano has a few infestors
5 broods
like 10 corruptors
rest ling bane
3/3 done (3/3 just started for bomber)

lol

This probably helped as well :P :D
Reply Quote
Zerg op in WoL and HotS. See you guys in six months.
Reply Quote
Zerg Takes the lone star clash

Reason
Infestors.

yup

And all the games Stephano lost?
Reply Quote
Zerg Takes the lone star clash

Reason
Infestors.

yup

And all the games Stephano lost?

If that's the case, something isn't OP if it loses at all, then nothing has ever been OP so bring back Khaydarin Amulet.

People still lose games even though the race is broken. Look at the 9 months stretch we had to endure of Terran before Blizzard gave birth to...I had a good analogy here but I lost it. Anyway, 9 months and they gave birth to something. And it was messy. Placenta. America.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]