StarCraft® II

Regarding the upcoming region change ability

So it's nice to see SC2 will be patched soon to allow region changing, I was just curious on how this affects some things.

1)If I have achievements on an account made in NA and go to play on another region, will I still have my achievements and other stats, or are they region-based?

2)I originally bought WoL in England, not knowing about the region lock. My account got changed to NA for free, if I were to buy Heart of the Swarm when it comes out, will I have any issues installing the english version when I technically have an american WoL account?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 02:59 AMPosted by Highwind
So it's nice to see SC2 will be patched soon to allow region changing, I was just curious on how this affects some things.

Finally thats a great change.
Reply Quote
1)If I have achievements on an account made in NA and go to play on another region, will I still have my achievements and other stats, or are they region-based?

You keep your achievments.

2)I originally bought WoL in England, not knowing about the region lock. My account got changed to NA for free, if I were to buy Heart of the Swarm when it comes out, will I have any issues installing the english version when I technically have an american WoL account?

Language and interface settings don't change. However these answers are subject to change. :P
Reply Quote
link to region change news please?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:20 AMPosted by PhantomNVD
link to region change news please?

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7826684/Global_Play_Coming_to_StarCraft_II-11_9_2012 there you go! :D
Reply Quote
thanks!

consider my prepurchase link repaid :)
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:33 AMPosted by PhantomNVD
consider my prepurchase link repaid :)

Does that mean everyone here owes you the pre-purchase link?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:03 AMPosted by VIPER
You keep your achievments.

You keep your achievements but on your original account.

SEA already has access to NA (this is how I post here), and we have the option to switch between the two regions before logging in. However, our SEA and NA accounts are separate. The achievements, decals, portraits, league placement, etc that have been earned on SEA don't transfer over to NA. They are two separate accounts.

If this is going to work anything like it currently does for SEA, then no, your achievements will not transfer. And this line in the above link seems to confirm this:

Each region will have separate profile data, meaning that characters, profiles, ladder rankings, progress, and friends lists will not carry over from region to region.

So in other words, you start from scratch.

You may see this as a good thing if you want to have separate race accounts. You could have a protoss account on NA, a zerg account on EU and a terran account on SEA, for example.
Reply Quote
You keep your achievements but on your original account.

SEA already has access to NA (this is how I post here), and we have the option to switch between the two regions before logging in. However, our SEA and NA accounts are separate. The achievements, decals, portraits, league placement, etc that have been earned on SEA don't transfer over to NA. They are two separate accounts.

If this is going to work anything like it currently does for SEA, then no, your achievements will not transfer. And this line in the above link seems to confirm this:

I apologize for misguiding you, I must have mis-interpereted some of the content.

11/13/2012 03:42 AMPosted by WhitePointer
You may see this as a good thing if you want to have separate race accounts. You could have a protoss account on NA, a zerg account on EU and a terran account on SEA, for example.

I like the Idea of of-racing on different regions. It'l give me a chance to try Zerg. :D
Reply Quote
My main account is on EU, I re-installed Sc2 so I could get global play, but for some reason it is NA (or at least I think it is). There is no options for me to change regions on the log in screen either. Does anyone have any tips?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]