StarCraft® II

what if we had a seperate ladder per race

Im thinking 1 for each race and then a random one. I say this because i for one dont wanna ladder as any of the other 2 races because i dont wanna see my ladder rank plummet after working so hard to get where i am. I think this is probably something a lot of other players face when they wanna explore other options in the game. i know unranked play is coming in hots but i think it would be pretty cool from a customer standpoint to have ur own seperate ladders score for each race. you could even keep just the one profile but if u ladder as say toss it wont effect ur rank as zerg. I mean we didnt all buy this game to only play 1/3rd of it
Reply Quote
Trollin'?
Reply Quote
what if someone used the search button?
Reply Quote
What if we got ranked matches that didn't contribute to the ladder? Oh woops ib4 hots
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 08:57 PMPosted by sTsTtzy
Trollin'?

I don't know.... His name isn't monochrome.....
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 08:57 PMPosted by sTsTtzy
Trollin'?
No, and I support this idea.
Reply Quote
Trollin'?
No, and I support this idea.

really? hmm cool legit smurfing I go. Random bronze, Silver+ every other race...woot.

it's a bad idea for that simple reason.

having different ladders for every race is no different then when you get two folks who are Diamond in 2v2 random yet mysteriously are bronze/silver when teamed together.
Edited by ProdofVoid on 10/28/2012 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I believe blizzard addresses this with unranked games in the next UI patch that is coming SOON!!!! Ohhhhh why... Oh why Do you torture us blizzard? What does soon mean? Aaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!
Reply Quote
really? hmm cool legit smurfing I go. Random bronze, Silver+ every other race...woot.

I don't think random would count as a race, but yeah, there be smurfin'.

That said it would be pretty cool.
Reply Quote
there is gonna be smurfin with or without this kind of change. smurf accounts already do exist. some of the biggest personalities got where they are largely in part to them smurfing and trolling.
Reply Quote
the number 1 reason why blizzard will probably not do this is b/c if you're that dedicated to rounding out your skill, or even find a need to, chances are you will probably spend the extra money on another account.

does this suck? sure, it does. but blizz is a company, and companies are after money..bottom line, can't really blame them
Reply Quote
you could smurf without spending 40$ for a new game
Reply Quote
What's up with all these haters?

+1 I think it's a great idea.

Screw clan support, screw exp, and screw unranked ladder.
I want what OP wants.
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 08:59 PMPosted by ProdofVoid
what if someone used the search button?

The world would get sucked into a black hole.
Reply Quote
As a random player, no.

People in masters/ GM have a greater scope and ability in regards to macro micro and harass, this knowledge does not change simply because they change race. There is no reason for this. A player at high level should know all races upgrades and abilities as is, there is no reason for this at all especially with unrank option in hots.

This is unfair for people in lower ladders, it allows people to ex) play with toss and only cheese.

Have fun watching bronze and silver get cheesed by higher ranked players...

Terrrrrible idea, sorry, I see where you were going but this would be bad!
Reply Quote
As a random player, no.

People in masters/ GM have a greater scope and ability in regards to macro micro and harass, this knowledge does not change simply because they change race. There is no reason for this. A player at high level should know all races upgrades and abilities as is, there is no reason for this at all especially with unrank option in hots.

This is unfair for people in lower ladders, it allows people to ex) play with toss and only cheese.

Have fun watching bronze and silver get cheesed by higher ranked players...

Terrrrrible idea, sorry, I see where you were going but this would be bad!

Then they would get promoted out of the low leagues and up to where they belong.
Reply Quote
i was going to post something like this. I don't see how it would hurt the game in any way.
Reply Quote
the number 1 reason why blizzard will probably not do this is b/c if you're that dedicated to rounding out your skill, or even find a need to, chances are you will probably spend the extra money on another account.

does this suck? sure, it does. but blizz is a company, and companies are after money..bottom line, can't really blame them

unfortunately... this...
Reply Quote

unfortunately... this...

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7006243239?page=8#151

/thread
Edited by Protostitute on 11/2/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]