StarCraft® II

Zerg seems to have an answer for everything

In no way am I complaining. I just want to understand how you are suppose to verse an extremely diverse race? I'm not all that good by any means, especially today which is why I'm annoyed and here lol.

I go one thing, they tech switch before I get a chance to attack with it. Every time I play against zerg, and sometimes protoss, I feel like someone is just creeping on me because of the scouting units they have. I know how to kill them I'm not stupid lol. Just the thought of them there is like grrrrrr.

I just traded really well against a giant number of infestors and then 2 minutes later he has like 50 roaches and a handful of mutas, which means my tanks are like ohhh nooooo.. and they're gone.

I'm just a little frustrated because against protoss, at my level, as long as they don't go mass collossi, which I'm terrible at engaging, I can usually win the game. I guess you can say I'm scared of zerg haha, yet they make up so much of the ladder.

Oh well.. I enjoy hellions so that is a plus :p
Reply Quote
...Except standard play, or perhaps that only works at my level, silver zergs really know what they are doing don't they
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 05:41 PMPosted by BlackDeath
...Except standard play, or perhaps that only works at my level, silver zergs really know what they are doing don't they

well technically high gold low platintum but yea lol.. I've only had the game for 2 seasons so I'm trying to figure everything out as fast as possible but dem zergs man. I'm just a baddy i guess :3
Reply Quote
50 roaches and a handful of lings, after a giant number of infestors. I will assume by these information that the game is already at the 25+ min mark.

Here are some presumable mistakes you've made based on your post.

You're not harassing with drops.
You're afraid to push.
You constantly suspects they have vision of you.
You're not actively scanning his base and expo.
You're not denying expo.

If he has a huge amount of infestors, then he must have a very strong front to stop your push.
Knowing this, multi drop is your only way to win. Target tech buildings ASAP. Greater spite, hive, evo chambers, and expo. Denying enough expo will force him to gg without even going into his base.
Reply Quote
50 roaches and a handful of lings, after a giant number of infestors. I will assume by these information that the game is already at the 25+ min mark.

Here are some presumable mistakes you've made based on your post.

You're afraid to push.
You're not denying expo.

If he has a huge amount of infestors, then he must have a very strong front to stop your push.
Knowing this, multi drop is your only way to win. Target tech buildings ASAP. Greater spite, hive, evo chambers, and expo. Denying enough expo will force him to gg without even going into his base.

Thanks..

I mean I understand all of that and it makes sense, I just have trouble applying it as its happened.. Just something I'll have to learn. Its not just this game though. I always feel like I'm a step behind even if I drop and deny. Its probably a mental thing so I hesitate majorly.
Reply Quote
If you really want help, post replays. If we can see what you are doing, we can see where you need help.

http://drop.sc/
Reply Quote
In no way am I complaining. I just want to understand how you are suppose to verse an extremely diverse race? I'm not all that good by any means, especially today which is why I'm annoyed and here lol.

I go one thing, they tech switch before I get a chance to attack with it. Every time I play against zerg, and sometimes protoss, I feel like someone is just creeping on me because of the scouting units they have. I know how to kill them I'm not stupid lol. Just the thought of them there is like grrrrrr.

I just traded really well against a giant number of infestors and then 2 minutes later he has like 50 roaches and a handful of mutas, which means my tanks are like ohhh nooooo.. and they're gone.

I'm just a little frustrated because against protoss, at my level, as long as they don't go mass collossi, which I'm terrible at engaging, I can usually win the game. I guess you can say I'm scared of zerg haha, yet they make up so much of the ladder.

Oh well.. I enjoy hellions so that is a plus :p

try simplifying your gameplay
youre over thinking things

instead of spending time/energy/mental power to "counter" your opponent focus on taking more bases and spending your money effectively ALL GAME

amove every engagement
dont even watch
it doesn't matter at your level
just focus on making expos, making marines, attacking when you get maxed
Reply Quote
Ya man i'm on the same exact boat as u i started mid last season and just trying to work my way up lol everything u said makes total sense and i fel the same way when i'm playing. For the most part i know what i di wrong but during the game just goes to hell especially mid game. Zerg is def my worst matchup.
As for toss one thing that helped me out TONS is playing a bunch of games against them on very hard or whatev its called (not insane though casue thats juust stupid) and dont just run in and steam roll them instead just practice your scouting and macro until after u defend their first push and then they usually make a mini deathball to attack ur third with and they almost always use coloosi or HT's or sometimes both. Which even though the pc plays pretty dumb with thier micro u get tons of practice those 3 hotkey armies. I usually hot my vikings to 1, Ghosts to 2, and marine/marauder/medi to 3. Then just focu the collosi with the vikes, blanket emp sitm and win.
After i did a ton of games like that my toss games have improved. with macro n !@#$. But anyway ya i think t is alot harder to play at beginner lvl but once u get better its gonna be worth it i think.
Reply Quote
*gives hug* it's okay buddy, i'm scared of zerg too
Reply Quote
Zerg is supposed to react to everything you do. If we try to mass a single unit against any competent opponent, we'll lose the game quicker than a worker all-in. Compare to Terran, who spends the first half of the game spamming the A button.
Reply Quote

You're afraid to push.
You're not denying expo.

This helped most definitely.. Being afraid to push was the main one. I push out early and die a few times and I get nervous to do it again. Now I'm working on knowing when the time to move is right. The drops and denying expos are so simple yet I forget them -.-

instead of spending time/energy/mental power to "counter" your opponent focus on taking more bases and spending your money effectively ALL GAME

amove every engagement
dont even watch

THIIIIIIISS lol.. I forgot a lot of the basics while "trying new things."

Thanks guys :D
Edited by MercuryAAA on 10/30/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

You're afraid to push.
You're not denying expo.

This helped most definitely.. Being afraid to push was the main one. I push out early and die a few times and I get nervous to do it again. Now I'm working on knowing when the time to move is right. The drops and denying expos are so simple yet I forget them -.-

amove every engagement
dont even watch

THIIIIIIISS lol.. I forgot a lot of the basics while "trying new things."

Thanks guys :D

upload a replay and i'll review it
make it one vs the best zerg player youve played recently, make sure its a crushing loss
Reply Quote
You've GOT to deny the expo, starting with the third, and then keep on denying it. If you can limit a Zerg player to two base they will still be dangerous but infinitely more manageable, especially if you're macro'ing correctly and taking bases as they are pinned.

Even at Platinum pure macro wins games, simple as that. I've overrun Diamond Zerg players with Mass Marines and Medivacs simply because I was spending my money like crazy (spamming the A button, spamming the B+C/B button on my SCV's, and getting upgrades up to 3/3).

Don't underestimate the power of your Marine. They trade so well with Zerg units (which are inefficient to begin with) and I've had Tier 3 knocking on my doorstep so many times but spamming Marines has saved me.

Early aggression or a strong timing push to deny a third is what I usually do to open up a game.

Macro can win games, even against Zerg. You just have to be proactive with aggression and starve your opponent of larvae (their 3rd resource).
Reply Quote
as soon as you hir your third. Start making Ravens and be sure to have HSM.

Zergs fear Ravens
Reply Quote
Is the answer infestors?!?!?!

amirite?! trololololol
Reply Quote
If Zerg didn't have an answer to everything, you'd kind of get free wins wouldn't you?
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Fawxkitteh
If Zerg didn't have an answer to everything, you'd kind of get free wins wouldn't you?
The best part is The other races don't have an answer to Zerg.
Reply Quote
They do, it's just that the answer involves timing attacks, very good compositions, and good Micro.

For some reason there seems to be an attitude that because Infestors are frustrating to deal with when you are using Bio-Mech, (really anything, but specifically Bio and Bio-Mech) they are OP.
Edited by Fencar on 11/1/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Fencar
They do, it's just that the answer involves timing attacks, very good compositions, and good Micro.

For some reason there seems to be an attitude that because Infestors are frustrating to deal with when you are using Bio-Mech, (really anything, but specifically Bio and Bio-Mech) they are OP.
The idea of the timings is why its op, since broodlord infestor is overpowered pretty much all timings are designed right now to kill the 4th base, or kill Zerg before broodlords. This is way to predictable and boring, I remember watching interesting builds like marine marauder drops, or blue flame drops, marauder hellion into mech, etc. the queen buff is a huge reason why the matchup is terrible to watch.
Reply Quote

The idea of the timings is why its op, since broodlord infestor is overpowered pretty much all timings are designed right now to kill the 4th base, or kill Zerg before broodlords. This is way to predictable and boring, I remember watching interesting builds like marine marauder drops, or blue flame drops, marauder hellion into mech, etc. the queen buff is a huge reason why the matchup is terrible to watch.

Uhhhm I enjoyed the GSL finals quite a bit thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]