StarCraft® II

Lost Memories

*This is really just a way for me to vent my sadness now that most of my mates and all that happened in the January-June Period of 2012 are now gone, so feel free to comment about my wishy-washy/cheesy feelings about former and present posters. I might expand this, but only when the mood strikes me*

I still remember them all clearly, from days gone by, of old memories of good times and old friends. ThunderCrash, reliable and trustworthy and brave, who always seemed to be there, even in our darkest hour. He was the comforting veteran, the watchful moderator, if you will. Still shocking that he is gone...

I remember MockingJay, and her quirky way of writing, and the thrill I felt any time I saw a new post from her documenting the adventure of Jay the Ghost. I salute her now, though with a feeling that Jay will never really get that real ending and how she disappeared into the sunset with nary a wave of farewell.

I remember HBRB, and his unstable, yet memorable humor. A funny changeling really is one to remember, and despite all that we went through, I like to believe that he is still here, in spirit if not in mind. I like to believe they all are.

I, for a time, still clung to the belief that these was the same forums I knew and loved and toiled for, the one that I had enjoyed with friends over shots of Jim Raynors and other drinks from the then early days of Zanon's bar. But it isn't. It no longer has the same humor, the same contributers, the same gatherings that the old one did. This one is an entirely different one as a whole, and try though as I might, I feel like I can't really fit in. This is by no means a bad change. But you, the readers, are part of a new generation, an new chapter to the infinite book known as Joeyrays. And, Try as I do to fit in, my time is over.

*Thanks for listening to an old timer droll on for a while, just had to get it out of my system.*

/Tear
Edited by GhostSpectre on 11/1/2012 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Still a better lover story than Twilight.

And I arrived when a few started to slow down, and my short time before some left...I got to now them and I miss them very much. :(
Reply Quote
"The insanity trio is no more. With the absence of HBRB and SF, only one remains."
Reply Quote
But we're pretty cool, I think you will come to like us. =)
Reply Quote
*Is too busy sitting on the porch of Zanon's staring into the sunset to hear Markus*
Reply Quote
*Sits next to Ghost with a tray full of drinks*
Beautiful sunset, eh?
Reply Quote
[Drinks everything before anyone can take a glass]

"You guys are so morbid. Are those tears in your eyes Mr. GhostSpectre?"
Reply Quote
*Looks up slightly for a second, and sees fantastic streaks of orange casting shadows that, to My (slightly senile) eyes almost appear as shadows of my old friends*

Yes....indeed it is....
Reply Quote
*Joins the two, sitting down and cleaning a rifle.* I miss the oldies I met. Maybe they'll come back.
Reply Quote
[Grabs GhostSpectre and drags the poor sod underground where he his throughly drained of his tears]
Reply Quote
Hey man, I've seen them go as well, I was there...one of the newer generations. If not the first one of the new. I miss those guys that left...
Reply Quote
*Walks back to the surface with curiously red blotches of color on my duster, and shortly thereafter the tunnel I emerged from explodes in flames. I sit back down*

I know it's silly (if not outright dumb) of me clinging to these memories and moments like they're life rafts, but they really were the gems of my time, and knowing that they're all gone....

*Bursts out into tears once more while sipping from a Jim Raynor*
Edited by GhostSpectre on 11/1/2012 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"OH COME ON! YOU ARE MAKING THIS TOO EASY! HERE! I'LL HELP YOU BY REMOVING YOUR EYES AND BURNING SHUT YOUR TEAR GLANDS!"
Reply Quote
*Quietly slips on Ghost Helmet so that smylez won't do anything he'll regret later*
Reply Quote
*Shoots off smylez's pinky toe.* See what you made me do? Now I gotta clean the thing again. *Resumes cleaning.*
Reply Quote
[smacks the ghost helmet out of GhostSpectre's head and proceeds to gouge an eye out]

11/01/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Zarkun
*Shoots off smylez's pinky toe.* See what you made me do? Now I gotta clean the thing again. *Resumes cleaning.*

"Not painful enough to do anything. Try again."
Reply Quote
!@#$ off.... I'm still in my mourning/cranky mood.

*Blasts smylez with a Shotgun I had with me, horribly crippling his limbs*
Edited by GhostSpectre on 11/1/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
"And I am in my harvesting mood!"
Reply Quote
*Shoots smylez in the gonads.* That should shut him up.
Reply Quote
"You want free hugs Zarkun-kun?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]