StarCraft® II

Zerg Players...

I feel like this is a question that's pretty league dependant.

I know for myself, I'll see good versions and bad versions of the push at the Platinum level. Bad versions are easy to beat. They either show up later than they should, allowing me to get a few spines at my third and an extra round of units, or the forcefields aren't good enough to protect more than one flank of the Protoss army. In either case, I can pick off sentries and immortals early in the battle and it's pretty easy to beat.

Good versions of the push show up on time, leaving me with just enough units to win the battle if I engage perfectly. It's doable, but requires hitting evenly from at least two flanks, baiting out some forcefields ahead of time, maintaining solid injects during the battle and even with all that the right forcefields will crush me.

That being said, I don't have masters level mechanics, but neither do my opponents. If I execute perfectly and they don't I will destroy them. If I execute perfectly and they execute perfectly they destroy me. That's my personal experience at a Gold - Plat level.

As for counters, speedlings and speed roaches are all I have time to get out if they hit at the proper time. If they're late and I can get some infestors that makes all the difference. A couple fungals on the sentry ball, lob some infested terrans over the forcefields etc.
Edited by AlrgcToZmbz on 11/16/2012 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pretty strong.

Trololololol
Edited by xOPieTaster on 11/16/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
immortal sentry all in is very strong, indeed, but you can stop it IF you scout it ahead time. if yoou scout the push coming and can setup a flank, it's fairly easy to fend off (at least at the plat/diamond levels)

attacking from 2 different angles will force them to burn more forcefields. as long as you can micro your units out of taking too much dmg and force them to continue to burn forcefields, you should be able to hold with just lings and roaches.
Reply Quote
It's super gay. I generally research drop as a way to hit them back while holding with roach/ling + lots of creep while I'm waiting for it.
Reply Quote
Takes -10 skill to do. Takes +10 skill to counter. Only the lowest teir of newbs use the immortal+sentry allin.

This is why Lurkers should still be in the game at Tier 2. Zerg could benefit from a unit that does AoE and gives Zerg a defender's bonus. It's ridiculous that you should be at a disadvantage when you are fortified in your own base.
Reply Quote
nydus counter with a wall of spine in your main. win the base race while you plant a nydus somewhere else and transfer workers and rebuild.
Reply Quote
This is why Lurkers should still be in the game at Tier 2. Zerg could benefit from a unit that does AoE and gives Zerg a defender's bonus. It's ridiculous that you should be at a disadvantage when you are fortified in your own base.

Swarm host!
Reply Quote
Stopping it is hard

Your better off preventing it

Immortals and sentrys are pretty expesive

if you think he is doing to hit his resources to grind the all in to a halt
Reply Quote
Swarm host!

I don't think the Swarm Host will be as effective as the Lurker because there is no AoE damage. Instead of buying Swarm Hosts, you could just get Roaches instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]