StarCraft® II

I guess no one remembers the truth

I think there isn't much point in talking about OP races I mean if there is a race that OP play it I mean it took years for them to balance broodwar entirly and since thats true it will probably take blizzard a patch or two to fix anything that may be wrong if there is anything wrong
Reply Quote
Wonder what Brood War was like.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Athena
Holy !@#$, overseers aren't even psionic? I mean I knew snipe was bad...but I just assumed....christ....

Sadly, nope. There are only four units in the game currently tagged as psionic: Ghosts, Infestors, High Templar, and Queens.

It is something that should just be patched in, no explanation needed since it is so obvious.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:57 PMPosted by VIPER

Picture heart of the swarm, then picture better units.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 02:07 PMPosted by fingrknitter

Sadly, nope. There are only four units in the game currently tagged as psionic: Ghosts, Infestors, High Templar, and Queens.

It is something that should just be patched in, no explanation needed since it is so obvious.

Yeah, when they made the change it kind of baffled me that overseers weren't psionic. They should be. Dark Templar as well, possibly, since their invisibility is psionic.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Athena
Yeah, when they made the change it kind of baffled me that overseers weren't psionic. They should be. Dark Templar as well, possibly, since their invisibility is psionic.

And all zerg units should have the tag.

And all bio.

...:(
Reply Quote

DT's are psionic.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:57 PMPosted by VIPER

Picture lings killing everything, then mutas killing everything.

Then infinity disruption webs.

Then balance.
Reply Quote

DT's are psionic.

Ah, so they are! So five units. Makes me glad that I thought they should be, then. :)
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Athena
Ah, so they are! So five units. Makes me glad that I thought they should be, then. :)

It's actually a lot more.(apparently)

Including warp prisms....

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Psionic
Reply Quote
Blizzard is not going to make any more patches for WoL. Deal with it, people wanting Infestor nerfed.

Infestors are really the only staple Zerg have against Bio. Mutalisks get shredded. Ultralisks get shredded. Brood Lords can get shredded if the Terran micros right. Terran Drops are ridiculous. Roaches get shredded against masses, and are hard to mass themselves. Like, really, what other options do we have against the all-mighty Marine/Medivac or MMM? MMM has been nerfed so much and is still stupidly broken to the point that Zergs just naturally open with a 15-hatch with a Roach push and transition into Infestors, and they still can lose pretty easily if the Terran knows what they are doing, thank god most of them don't.

Not to mention, the Infestor has already been nerfed ridiculously. Remember, Fungal Growth use to do 50 damage in beta. Neural Parasite had 7 range. Infested Terran...I don't think has ever been changed, so that's where they could do something, if they will.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Templarfreak
Not to mention, the Infestor has already been nerfed ridiculously. Remember, Fungal Growth use to do 50 damage in beta. Neural Parasite had 7 range. Infested Terran...I don't think has ever been changed, so that's where they could do something, if they will.

Nerfed ridiculously? You can't use beta changes as an example of a unit being "nerfed".

Here are the changes they've made to the infestor since release:

Patch 1.3.0
* Fungal Growth stun duration decreased from 8 to 4 seconds.
* Fungal Growth now does +30% damage vs. armored units. (Note: Blizzard claims it's 30%, but it's actually 33%)

Patch 1.3.3
* Speed decreased from 2.5 to 2.25.

Patch 1.4.0
* Fungal Growth damage changed from 36 (+30% armored) to 30 (40 vs Armored).
* Neural Parasite range decreased from 9 to 7.

So fungal's dps was doubled and a bonus against armored units was added.
Its speed was reduced slightly (still the fastest caster while it's on creep), neural's range was reduced slightly, and the new, buffed fungal's damage was reduced a bit.

I don't think you can say the infestor was "massively nerfed" with those few changes. And saying that bio is "stupidly overpowered"? Really? No bias there, I guess...
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 03:40 PMPosted by BossBobRoss

Then balance.

wow you must have the memory of an elephant dude, cuz thats EXACTLY how I remembered what the key defining features of BW was.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is not going to make any more patches for WoL. Deal with it, people wanting Infestor nerfed.

Infestors are really the only staple Zerg have against Bio. Mutalisks get shredded. Ultralisks get shredded. Brood Lords can get shredded if the Terran micros right. Terran Drops are ridiculous. Roaches get shredded against masses, and are hard to mass themselves. Like, really, what other options do we have against the all-mighty Marine/Medivac or MMM? MMM has been nerfed so much and is still stupidly broken to the point that Zergs just naturally open with a 15-hatch with a Roach push and transition into Infestors, and they still can lose pretty easily if the Terran knows what they are doing, thank god most of them don't.

Oh my god. Your bias hurts my eyes. The infestor has been nerfed, but a few could be seen as buffs. And again, the infestor is not a "staple unit" for Zerg. It's just a very easy unit to use. Muta/Ling/Bling crushes bio as long as you don't play like an idiot and keep up with injects and actually position your army. In fact, I don't make infestors outside of ZvZ in beta and I do just fine.

Infestor/Brood Lord is a lazy way to play. It's way too easy to control, doesn't require the greatest of mechanics, and it's boring.
Edited by FinnTheHuman on 11/17/2012 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Enigma

Then balance.

wow you must have the memory of an elephant dude, cuz thats EXACTLY how I remembered what the key defining features of BW was.

Part of it involves SC1 vanilla, but yeah it's totally a serious overview.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 02:59 PMPosted by IllIllIllIll
In the end, the game is balanced. Winrates are close to 50%, and tournaments share a variety of races. The Infestor is a stupid and powerful unit, but it is Blizzards band-aid fix to the rest of the underpowered Zerg race.

who made you the owner of the truth??
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Athena
Holy !@#$, overseers aren't even psionic? I mean I knew snipe was bad...but I just assumed....christ....

Lulz, I didn't even realize this... What the what? They have energy, and they're not psionic?

Also, add Archons to your above list.
Are DTs psionic?
Reply Quote
Terran needs more nerfs.
Reply Quote

Lulz, I didn't even realize this... What the what? They have energy, and they're not psionic?

Also, add Archons to your above list.
Are DTs psionic?

Yeah, apparently there ARE a bunch of psionic units. However, only five are also "biological", thus able to be sniped: Queens, Ghosts, High Templar, Dark Templar, and Infestors. When I initially said it I was thinking of stuff that could be sniped, since I was thinking from a ghost perspective (and forgot about DTs). :)
Edited by Athena on 11/17/2012 1:19 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]