I guess no one remembers the truth

Ever hear the term "patch Zerg"? Sure, there's good Zergs that have always been good like Nestea, DRG, Leenock the Ghost Slayer, and Stephano (maybe). But there are a lot of Zergs like Life, Symbol, and a lot of Zergs that just happened to get good after the queen buff.

There also have been plenty of "good" terrans who I can't even remember because they weren't anywhere near relevant after terran started to get nerfed. Player skill is a pretty dumb point when you are arguing about balance. There are enough people playing this game to get an evenish distribution of great players between the three races.

^ this. Just providing the other side to your comment, not that it isn't correct or anything Finn
Reply Quote
Another Zerg terrified that their poor OP Winfestor is going to get nerfed.

Too bad, so sad. Tissues.

The Winfestor is getting nerfed, period. Deal with it.

Blizzard said they arn't nerfing it. Deal with it

Mostly False:

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5848167253
Reply Quote
Finals for latest tournament: TvZ. Your point is invalid.
Reply Quote
What's your point?

Terran was OP so they are not entitled to call others out when they see it?

They can. But they're the ones who set it up to have it thrown back in their face, so don't be suprised if that happens.
Edited by Toortanga on 11/11/2012 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
What's your point?

Terran was OP so they are not entitled to call others out when they see it?

They can. But they're the ones who set it up to have it thrown back in their face, so don't be suprised if that happens.
We're not surprised... Omni's point stands: This thread is pointless.

As for the OP's accusation of memory loss... I'd just like to point out how ironic the following quote is:
11/11/2012 02:59 PMPosted by IllIllIllIll
I don't remember Zerg or Protoss players crying this much about Ghosts or Stim or Bunkers while Terran had 60+% winrates.
Reply Quote
the problem is not with the infestor itself, it's the late game units zerg has t2/t3 compared to t3 units of terran and protoss, but terrans have it worse with t3 units (thor/bc)
Reply Quote
Nerf Infested Terrans! QQ rage!
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 03:50 PMPosted by HeReTiC
You sound like Obama blaming Bush.

ha ha ha HeReTiC are you American?
Reply Quote
Why do people like this reddit? I try to check it out, and the interface is horrible. Reminds me of twitter. Am I just too old school?

I just did another search, "the front page of the internet"? serious, troll, because maybe I am behind,
Edited by SLoSHeD on 11/12/2012 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

In the end, the game is balanced. Winrates are close to 50%, and tournaments share a variety of races. The Infestor is a stupid and powerful unit, but it is Blizzards band-aid fix to the rest of the underpowered Zerg race.

I agree that the game is pretty balanced at the moment - although I tend to break the mold in thinking that Protoss has some fairly generous advantages that need tweaking somewhat.

The complaints about the Infestor and Zerg being "OP" have been going on for so long now, it's a bit like coloured lights by the end of the Christmas season - you just stop noticing them. It becomes part of the seasonal background.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 02:32 AMPosted by SeriusBizNis

ha ha ha HeReTiC are you American?

Nope. He's a fundy Republican. One of their rusted on supporters. I suspect Heretic would vote for Genghis Khan if he was standing on a Republican ticket.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 03:40 AMPosted by AtlasMeCH

You don't seem to understand the concept of direction.

The economy was heading in a direction when Obama took office.

It continued to stay in that direction, then slowed down and came to a halt.

Then, it starting to head in the opposite direction.

Logic is amazing is it not?

Unemployment is down, is it not?

You sound like you have a bit too much Fox News in your diet.
Reply Quote

He means it was going down when Obama took office.
Reply Quote
Lol, terran was never as bad back then as zerg is now. Plus, when a terran unit/build was found to be overpowered, it was nerfed within a few months, tops. Players and pros have been complaining about infestors for over a year and Blizzard is literally just now saying they -MIGHT- look at nerfing zerg.

In addition to that, the majority of the terran players who were around during GomTvT are still relevant, so it's not as if they were getting by on their race alone.
Reply Quote
A good part of the terran qq comes from people not quite at the top but very close. When you watch players like Demuslim play terran and do seemingly well the whole game and then just lose in the end against a top eight master zerg opponent who didn't die or who got to brood lord infestor it kind of makes you dislike the game.

Every Terran matchup outside of the mirror feels very snowball like. Once you start losing you either need to do something fast or else you've lost the game.

I'm not sure I want to play a game where the zerg can just go and make 40 infestors and kill everything I could make. All it does is harken back to RTS games where one unit maybe 3 was the end all be all of a match up.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 03:45 AMPosted by IllIllIllIll

You don't seem to understand the concept of direction.

The economy was heading in a direction when Obama took office.

It continued to stay in that direction, then slowed down and came to a halt.

Then, it starting to head in the opposite direction.

Logic is amazing is it not?

Fun fact: unemployment is Higher now than when Obama took office. Also fun fact: the reason unemployment is down is because people are dopping out of the labor force, not that many more jobs are being created.

Disclaimer: I am neither a republican nor a democrat, but an independent and think both parties are scum.

P.S. Can we please stick to the discussion on hand from now on?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]