I guess no one remembers the truth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOMTV_Global_Starcraft_II_League

Ironic, Zerg won the first 2 GSL and still complained about being UP.

Everything the OP said is true though. Granted Terran was grossly OP Aug 2010-March 2011, since then all Zerg baby.
Yet never Protoss. It's almost as if the same trend continues since BW.

Even in SC lore, Protoss gets the short stick.

The Terran race (mostly the Dominion) controls most of the planets in the Koprulu Sector.

The Zerg get to kill everything once in a while just for giggles and also got to screw the protoss on Aiur.

The Khalai Protoss all got kicked off their planet of Aiur and are now forced to bunk with their Nerazim buddies who they exiled waaay back on Shakuras.
Reply Quote
I just suggest every one try to get better, it is not so grossly unbalanced that it really trumps personal skill quite yet.

i.e. I played a terran yesterday and he wouldn't believe he lost because he didn't make enough scvs, he was convinced that protoss was OP
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 03:41 PMPosted by FinnTheHuman

Careful; people often make the argument that better players populate zerg now. Look at those win rates and tell me who in their right mind would choose to be zerg or protoss. Remember the reaper? That was BRUTAL.

People now see infestors and don't want to be on the recieving end so I would say a lot of good players have migrated over. Doesn't mean they all are or that they aren't being carried by the race; but the win rates now are better than they were with terran when the game first came out if I remember it.

Ever hear the term "patch Zerg"? Sure, there's good Zergs that have always been good like Nestea, DRG, Leenock the Ghost Slayer, and Stephano (maybe). But there are a lot of Zergs like Life, Symbol, and a lot of Zergs that just happened to get good after the queen buff.

Stephano is brutalizing all tournaments he touches with ALL styles. He is the best non- Korean zerg easily and also easily the best and most money earned non-korean player.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 02:59 PMPosted by IllIllIllIll
I don't remember Zerg or Protoss players crying this much about Ghosts or Stim or Bunkers while Terran had 60+% winrates.

Did you get on the forums last month or something?
Edited by LightThorn on 11/12/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
You musn't forget, that the map pool has changed too. Which just highlight the problems with late game of zerg.
Reply Quote
A lot of the suggestions I've seen to balance the infestor has been incredibly stupid and hilarious! Many of the suggested buffs are also laughable. I really hated the snipe 'nerf' because it narrows the ability down to one use. The ghost is now pretty much just an anti-caster unit, and has really no other use than psychological warfare. I fear that infestors will also be narrowed down to one use, or nerfed so badly they won't even be used again.

I feel that before all the bull!@#$ patches, the game was very well balanced. Until everyone started %^-*!ing and whining. Sure, they use statistics, etc. But I doubt many of the games used as 'proof' of imbalanced are actually games of players attempting to learn and develop viable strategies against such units.

Take the reaper rush for example, many protoss and zerg whined about this unit, however a very good counter was to place several stalkers at your mineral line, and keep an eye on the cliffs. The only time reapers were ever a problem was in team games. Only team games. The only reasonable nerf would be to make the reaper's passive attack on buildings an ability that has either a cooldown or costs energy.

As for ghosts, snipe should have a buff versus light units or biological, NOT psionic. However, I don't think that snipe should be able to be used against massive units. EMP is a perfectly fine ability against casters, it might need a buff seeing a few of the nerfs. Not sure.

But overall, most players tend to whine instead of developing strategies/tactics, that can be used against what is now considered 'overpowered'.
Reply Quote

Ever hear the term "patch Zerg"? Sure, there's good Zergs that have always been good like Nestea, DRG, Leenock the Ghost Slayer, and Stephano (maybe). But there are a lot of Zergs like Life, Symbol, and a lot of Zergs that just happened to get good after the queen buff.

Stephano is brutalizing all tournaments he touches with ALL styles. He is the best non- Korean zerg easily and also easily the best and most money earned non-korean player.

Currently neutal on the 'OMGZERGOP" debate to agree with Risk. Stephano beat Bomber because Stephano is the better SCII player. If Stephano had the drive and ambition, I don't think it would be suprising for him to become the first foreign GSL champ.
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 03:50 PMPosted by HeReTiC
You sound like Obama blaming Bush.

Lolz you sound like an ignorant sheep spouting generic rubbish.
Reply Quote
Op's argument

I GUESS NO ONE REMEMBERS
TERRAN WAS OP
THATS WHY
DONT NERF INESTORS
Reply Quote
Op's argument

I GUESS NO ONE REMEMBERS
TERRAN WAS OP
THATS WHY
DONT NERF INESTORS

Terran's argument
WE CANT WIN WITH MASS MARINE AND REAPER RUSHES ANYMORE
THATS WHY
NERF INFESTORS
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Grizzlychu
You sound like Obama blaming Bush.

Lolz you sound like an ignorant sheep spouting generic rubbish.

This thread was almost derailed once, don't derail it again with your generic accusations of generic-ism.
Reply Quote
Op's argument

I GUESS NO ONE REMEMBERS
TERRAN WAS OP
THATS WHY
DONT NERF INESTORS

Terran's argument
THATS WHY
NERF INFESTORS

Wow... I knew you guys were misinformed... But this... this is an entirely new level of: WTF?
Edited by IndigO on 11/12/2012 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
The truth is the game is balanced around KOREAN Terran micro and macro.

What do I see when I check the EU-GM league?
I see 44% - Zerg, 22% - Terran.

What do I see when I check gold - Master leagues?
I see only 25% of Terran.

It is roughly the same in US, and is only somewhat balanced in Korea.

The fact of the matter, Terran takes more effort / skill to play successfully. And even with all the Korean Terran skills, the race still has the weakest lategame.
Reply Quote
I don't remember Zerg or Protoss players crying this much about Ghosts or Stim or Bunkers while Terran had 60+% winrates.

I do.

Marines OP, Hellions OP, banshees OP, marauders OP, Ghosts OP.

My favorite was when marineking beat kyrix with marine splitting and a bunch of players started complaining about how marines were "too microable"
Edited by BossBobRoss on 11/12/2012 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
The race on top, no matter how narrow the edge, gets all the complaints.
Reply Quote
Op's argument

I GUESS NO ONE REMEMBERS
TERRAN WAS OP
THATS WHY
DONT NERF INESTORS

Terran's argument
THATS WHY
NERF INFESTORS

lol wtf
Reply Quote
>start by saying everyone complained on the forums about terran
>ends by saying nobody complains as much as terran

hilarious

get back to your main account and get those free zerg wins while you still can OP

Reminds me of daveroid's paranoia back in the day - everyone who defends [op race] must secretly play [op race], including DK/DB.

Also, at 52.8% winrate over the past 2 months at the tournament level, I'd say "2.8% more wins" would be more accurate than "free wins".

http://www.sc2ratings.com/stats.php?racedays=60
Edited by Snow on 11/12/2012 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
>start by saying everyone complained on the forums about terran
>ends by saying nobody complains as much as terran

hilarious

get back to your main account and get those free zerg wins while you still can OP

Reminds me of daveroid's paranoia back in the day - everyone who defends [op race] must secretly play [op race], including DK/DB.

Dude, remember how people used to call poor Dayvie David "Terran" Kim?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]