StarCraft® II

In HotS I'd like to see a 2v2 e-sport scene.

Yeah I support this too =P

Some people just like playing games with other people/friends, including myself. And obviously as you scale the number of people per team higher (3vs3 and 4vs4) then it gets harder to balance. However, I think 2s is still possible to balance with maps (and maybe a few tweaks to units too). And honestly, it wouldn't be hard to just put in better maps so I hope Blizzard does that soon
Reply Quote
Ya, 3s and 4s would be a bit much to expect maps to balance... but from my experience and from just thinking about it - the primary heavy balance flaws in 2s comes from the fact that certain combinations of units are insanely hard to counter when they can get from their base to yours in a matter of seconds. Well, that's not a problem in a larger map.

I think the best thing to have happen would be for Blizzard to hold a mapmaking contest for 2v2 maps letting the community have a say in which maps work best(this way they don't have to actually assign their design team members to MAKE the maps, just have their CMs run the contest), and then at the next Blizzcon hold a 2v2 tournament with a small cash prize pool(say 1/3 or 1/4 the prize for the 1v1 tournament) inviting the top 2v2 teams to be a part of it.

I really think that it would work out fairly well. And once Blizzard gets the ball rolling I'd be shocked if other organizations and entities don't take note and start pushing it themselves.

Thank you for the support :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]