StarCraft® II

You already have Heart of the Swarm™

I'm getting a green popup on my Battle.net account management page when I attempt to update my version of Starcraft II for the Heart of the Swarm pre-sale. It says the following:

You already have Heart of the Swarm™ in North America.
You don’t need to upgrade any other Wings of Liberty® accounts, because Heart of the Swarm™ will be eligible for Global Play (you will be able to play it in any game region). However, you can still upgrade your existing Heart of the Swarm™ account to the Digital Deluxe edition. Learn more about Global Play for StarCraft® II.

As far as I know I do not have beta access. This really plays with my emotions, As I've wanted HOTS beta access since I found out it was becoming available.

I fear that I'm going to have to wait or purchase a copy from Amazon/Gamestop to catch up to all my peers who have access to the game's multiplayer version far before I do.

However, I have no desire to purchase the digital deluxe edition - just the standard upgrade.

Blizzard, if you're reading this, that hurts. A LOT, as there's likely no chance I'll get into the beta, and you're basically saying I already am. Thanks for that. :-(
Edited by Lhun on 11/13/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not the only one! Kinda glad to hear that someone else has this "issue". Hopefully Blizz will see this and take proper action.
Reply Quote
Yeah that was kind of disappointing. I saw that and was all like "WHOA THEY DECIDED TO MAKE THE EXPANSION FREE?" but no, no they did not.
Reply Quote
if only it was free that would make my day but this is evil
Reply Quote
I'm afraid I don't quite understand.

I know I haven't purchased the game so it's unlikely that I have it. But why is it asking me to upgrade my copy of HOTS?!?
Reply Quote
its a bug so don't think too hard about it
Reply Quote
mine says the same and i DID buy it??

(but still no BETA access... though Amazon gives it for preorders???)
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 05:56 PMPosted by tony
its a bug so don't think too hard about it

Fair enough, but it prevents us from pre-purchasing the standard upgrade as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]