StarCraft® II

Platinum level tournament!!!

With some of these last people I see some breaking of the rules on ability to participate. I'm fine if they so participate, but I thought I'd bring it up.
Reply Quote
With some of these last people I see some breaking of the rules on ability to participate. I'm fine if they so participate, but I thought I'd bring it up.
Which rules?
Reply Quote
So after 2 days we got 36 players, which is about what i thought that I was going to get over the week and a half, so things are going great, but if things keep on growing like this I'm gonna need some help running things, Like setting up the brackets, recording wins, telling everybody who plays who, and helping me out with what ever unforeseen problems that could come our way, and cast the finals. So if any one wants too help out, I would love it.
Reply Quote
i would like to play! just concerned about what time the games will need to be played
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 08:24 PMPosted by JVnein
So after 2 days we got 36 players, which is about what i thought that I was going to get over the week and a half, so things are going great, but if things keep on growing like this I'm gonna need some help running things, Like setting up the brackets, recording wins, telling everybody who plays who, and helping me out with what ever unforeseen problems that could come our way, and cast the finals. So if any one wants too help out, I would love it.
just message me in game if you need help, i'd be glad to. Zappy 329
Edited by zappy on 10/30/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 08:34 PMPosted by PONYMAN
i would like to play! just concerned about what time the games will need to be played

I will let you know who you will have to play then you will be given a week to contact the players and play your matches with them.

And i signed you up.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 08:40 PMPosted by zappy
just message me in game if you need help, i'd be glad to.

Thanks bro
Reply Quote
I will let you know who you will have to play then you will be given a week to contact the players and play your matches with them.

And i signed you up.

okay that works great thanks!
Reply Quote
I'm game.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Teacup
I'm game.

Added
Reply Quote
A question for the people in the tournament would you rather, have the seeding play be 5 Bo3s or 10-15 Bo1s?
Reply Quote
Everyone who is in this tournament please go and add your info here if you want to play.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AspHwqsLxYImdEgtM09BM3pSektfSXQtVE1IUWh5eGc#gid=0
Edited by JVnein on 10/30/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Everyone who is in this tournament please go and add you info here if you want to play.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AspHwqsLxYImdEgtM09BM3pSektfSXQtVE1IUWh5eGc#gid=0
It will not let me edit the document....
I would prefer fewer BO3's over many BO1's.
Ok, i have confirmed that it does in fact say view-only at the top.
Edited by zappy on 10/30/2012 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 10:03 PMPosted by zappy
It will not let me edit the document...

Let me change that.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 09:46 PMPosted by JVnein
A question for the people in the tournament would you rather, have the seeding play be 5 Bo3s or 10-15 Bo1s?
Best of 3's. It will be hard to organize 10-15 matches against separate people.
Reply Quote
Best of 3's. It will be hard to organize 10-15 matches against separate people.
Yeah it would be really hard to get in contact with 10-15 people.
The reason i asked that is someone suggested the idea of doing Bo1s so I thought of putting the idea out there.
Reply Quote
Hey jvein :)
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 11:32 PMPosted by ItsOnrAndOm
Hey jvein :)

Alright you're in.
Reply Quote
Aww, I'd love to play as a Terran, but my most played race on this account is Zerg and I'm a Diamond Zerg. I'm Platinum on this account because I like to random here, so I'm definitely not a Diamond Terran :P

Any way I can jump in as a Terran? I can play someone to verify I suck with Terran even harder than I do with Zerg D:

Also, my suggestion for seeding is to ignore it. At our level of play, no one is skilled or consistent enough for any of these games to really show anyone how good/bad we are. The only obvious results we'll probably be able to take from it is whether someone just got into Plat or is almost in Diamond. Seeding makes sense in pro tournaments because of their level of play (and the business side) and in some amateur tournaments that run for a long time, giving them a lot of data on their players. I know you want to run this monthly, but theoretically the guys in Platinum should be moving up to Diamond, meaning you won't have the same group of players every tournament. And then there's commitment issues, etc.

TL;DR: I don't know if the headaches of a seeding process is worth it all in the end.
Reply Quote
BcBroBama
Aww, I'd love to play as a Terran, but my most played race on this account is Zerg and I'm a Diamond Zerg. I

Well i checked your profile and it say's that you're plat. So on the grounds that your profile say's you're plat i'll let you in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]