Platinum level tournament!!!

10/31/2012 05:33 PMPosted by cwalk
I would love to play in this. I'll only be able to play on weekends though, hopefully that's fine.

Yeah that should be fine just enter your info in the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AspHwqsLxYImdEgtM09BM3pSektfSXQtVE1IUWh5eGc#gid=0

10/31/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Huntsvoski
I want to play, before Midnight November 10th.

The idea of waiting a couple weeks was to give time for lots of people to join, but lots of people have already joined. I want to start it sooner but I don't want anyone to be left out.

However I don't see any problem with starting the seeding play early.

Hey Jvnien. You might want to make the googledocs a bit more prominent on the front page (like edit it to be the first thing, in bold). If I didn't read the thread really carefully I honestly would have completely missed it.

Thanks I love feedback like this.
Reply Quote
Lots of people
Reply Quote
So what's the official channel?
Reply Quote
I think it should be "platinum level tournament"
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Zman

I'd tell you what channel it is but right now Bnet is down so i can't confirm any thing.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Zman

The channel is "Platinum Tournament".
Anyone who want's to get a jump on their seed play before November 10th post here and I'll get you started.
Reply Quote
https://docs.google.com/a/ncsu.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbtAZxdyX1VdE1rVDJwVjkxUWlUdWtFemFVSmt6VGc#gid=0
Here is the EU seeding bracket for those who have already signed up.
Reply Quote
Here's the Group A seeding bracket
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AspHwqsLxYImdF9FWXJLR0JRcF9fVGYyUUxweHVPR0E
Edited by JVnein on 11/1/2012 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You can start play your seeding games when ever you want. When you play a seeding game it works like this. If you win 2-0 you get + 5 points if you win 2-1 you get +4 points, and if you looses the best of 3 you get +0 points. After you play you games please go and update your result.
Reply Quote
Here's the group B Seeding Bracket
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AspHwqsLxYImdFUtQWxzOUF6U2pheVpXU2VzNG5KNEE
Reply Quote
Here's group C seeding Bracket https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AspHwqsLxYImdHoyeU5pRTAtRkowYUt6WHh2X0tISkE
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 03:08 AMPosted by JVnein
When you play a seeding game it works like this. If you win 2-0 you get + 5 points if you win 2-1 you get +4 points, and if you looses the best of 3 you get +0 points. After you play you games please go and update your result.

I would suggest it just be 2-0 = 5 points, 2-1 = 3 points 1-2=1 point 0-2=0 points or simply do it NASL style 2-0=2, 2-1=1, 1-2=-1, 0-2=-2.

Right now there's not enough distinction between 2-0 and 2-1 and no credit at all for a 1-2. This could be problematic. Ex. Somebody goes 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 1-2 (overall 9-2) and gets 20 points but you can also go 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1 (overall 10-5) and get the same 20 points but clearly the first player is much better.

Also, update OP with seeding groups.

Edit: How do we go about scheduling our seeding games and how are you going to confirm the results?
Edited by Athena on 11/1/2012 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ahh man so i guess im not in the tourney?
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Snake
ahh man so i guess im not in the tourney?

Sorry bro but you've been diamond for to long. You can play in the next tournament i host. That one will be diamond and plat.
Reply Quote
Right now there's not enough distinction between 2-0 and 2-1 and no credit at all for a 1-2. This could be problematic. Ex. Somebody goes 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 1-2 (overall 9-2) and gets 20 points but you can also go 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1 (overall 10-5) and get the same 20 points but clearly the first player is much better.

Good point I'll do that 2-0 = 3 and 1-2 = 1 style.

Also, update OP with seeding groups.

Edit: How do we go about scheduling our seeding games and how are you going to confirm the results?

You will just report you're results if there's a dispute on who won, you can just post the replays. If anyone lies about if they won or not the're out of the tournament.

I'll finish up the brackets and stuff soon, and get everything in the op.
Edited by JVnein on 11/1/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey don't think it's to late to join even though the seeding play has started.
Reply Quote
I would like to play my games before next weekend. If I could have my seeding that would be nice.
Reply Quote
I wont sign up since I cant play on weekdays, besause my parants think I would get addicted. But if I can,can I see the finals via obserever?
AntareSpicA.428
Edited by AntareSpicA on 11/2/2012 5:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If I'm on can you message me to watch a match?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]