No Offracing Allowed

11/02/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Nightwolf
Glad we are both ok. I hate it when dinner happens at an inconvenient time.

As long as Blizzard discusses this, I'm happy. At least we will have an official reason for why not if they don't implement.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Dayvie
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

Too cool. First blizzard response I have seen in general forums outside of technical issues since I joined the forums (only a few short weeks ago).

I'm psyched!
Reply Quote
I want a different MMR and ranking for each race.
Reply Quote
Yes, this, please, a thousand times over.

I play Zerg but I want to learn how to play Terran and Toss better as well. My Zerg play is at a solid Platinum level, but I would put my T and P at low silver. It doesn't help me, or my opponent, for me to ladder as T or P because it won't be a good match.

Having separate ladders/MMR for each race makes so, so, so much sense, and I really, really, REALLY hope this is something that can be implemented.

Oh my gosh please, this would get me back into SC2 in a huge way, let alone all the other great things HotS is bringing.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/02/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Gilligan
Oh my gosh please, this would get me back into SC2 in a huge way, let alone all the other great things HotS is bringing.

Then warm up your mouse and keyboard, Gilligan. David Kim has already responded. Looks like unranked will have a separate MMR for every race you play. Even matches every game!
Reply Quote
tl;dr

ive posted this numerous times but the problem is if you actually play an ACTUAL bz player ur mechanics are WAY way WAAAAYYyyYYyYY better than them. I cant play any other race at all but when i got my second account and played terran and toss i won most games till it crept into silver . .then i went back to zerg and got back into plat again.

its cant be done as your inherent skill and knowledge of the game will make you a troll user and people playing you who are actually in that league are going to get no enjoyment and leave the game claiming the skill gap is too hard. as a programmer i cant think of a way to do this unless you specify at the login that this is your main race and the other two are off races, something is done looking at ur spending quota/army value vs last 20 games opps. Its hard this !@#$ to think about!
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/02/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Statix
tl;dr

Oh no you didn't! I write my threads to be reader friendly, sir! Not to mention I could barely read a word of what you wrote.
Edited by Doncroft on 11/2/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, but stop being such a whiny little girl about this and just play your off race. Or you could be man, and pick random like I do.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/02/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Sirrom
I'm sorry, but stop being such a whiny little girl about this and just play your off race. Or you could be man, and pick random like I do.

Wow. Do you think anyone will take you seriously with an attitude like that? Or are you trolling?
Reply Quote
Posted by Dayvie
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

Pat yourselves on the backs, blues. You're doing much much better than the ones on the D3 forums.

This. +1 to OP
Reply Quote
Doncroft FTW! ♥
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Sirrom

Is it considered trolling to troll a troll?! Cause we need someone to take one for the team and jump this guy
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 04:41 PMPosted by MalZen

Is it considered trolling to troll a troll?! Cause we need someone to take one for the team and jump this guy

Nah, we need to just ignore him until he gets bored.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Daerbon

Who are we talking about?
Reply Quote

Somebody making a really pathetic attempt to troll Doncroft and derail the thread a few posts up.
Reply Quote

Somebody making a really pathetic attempt to troll Doncroft and derail the thread a few posts up.

Isn't his first pathetic troll attempt...
Reply Quote

Since Starcraft's focus is on making the mechanics of each race different, would it not make sense to have a different MMR/league placement for individual races as well? I'd like to know if this is also being looked at!

Props and standing ovations to the SC2 team for listening to the community so actively <3
Reply Quote
if they really wanted to make money, they could do their name change thing that you have to pay for.

having a button that you can press that can reset your mmr on unranked sounds good. make sense if you could do it once a season, and they could always throw down a charge for it.

edit#1
and it makes sense to have different MMR for each race you play, and separate ladders.
like i am a platinum zerg, but a silver protoss, so when ever i click the zerg button, it puts me into my plat ladder game, and when i click on the protoss it puts me a silver ladder game

if i wanted to offrace, why should i play as a silver protoss vs plat players?
-i would lose every single game and damage my MMR
-it would hurt your race winning statistics (especially if there are tons of people doing it)
Edited by xDRxBALO on 11/2/2012 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I am kinda disappointed by that statement. Was there any doubt to not implement 1vs1 rankings for each race? I am kinda speechless right now. i mean why wouldn't you add that? It's super easy to implement and adds so much to the game.
If Hots will go into sale without that feature i will seriously doubt blizzard employee's intelligence.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]