StarCraft® II

No Offracing Allowed

Alright, I feel like 200 posts in one day is a lot. I feel like I've put up a workable compromise if they wanted to use different race MMRs in the "true" ladder. The trolling argument is invalid because people who TRY to smurf are going to smurf, having another MMR doesn't increase this.
11/01/2012 06:51 PMPosted by OceanFlex
We should have the ability to enter a different ladder as a different race for matchmaking. I think this would be confusing to some people, if you had three times the ladders with the only difference being the race you played as. I propose that there is only one (visible) ladder that is affected by each game, but you have different MMR for each race option (including random.)
Reply Quote
@OceanFlexThis isn't a good idea.
It's not confusing to have a different ladder for each race in 1vs1.
I can tell you what is confusing. Having 20 different team ladders because you play with different friends on different modes (2vs2, 3vs3, ...)

Why should my 1vs1 ladder points be affected by my offrace?
Points are already enough forged by things like bonuspool and other strange blizzard rules.
Edited by StarGalaxy on 11/2/2012 6:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
While i agree whit OP

i have to say that the fact there are a LOT of smurfs lately trow away your theory of "i want to play vs same skill"

i dont care about smurf or wahtever, just pointing out something that is pretty common, check my league top 8. 5 guys are plat/diamond smurfs
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/02/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Jeetkundo
i have to say that the fact there are a LOT of smurfs lately trow away your theory of "i want to play vs same skill"

Exactly. Smurfing already exists, and considering David Kim only seems interested in testing my/our idea on unranked, I don't see that as a problem.
Reply Quote
As a former Random player who gave up and now plays Protoss, this is an absolute must for a game like SC2.

I am a high Platinum Toss/Zerg player, but my Terran would make many Silver players wonder what I'm doing. HotS should introduce the ability to play Random where you have an MMR for each seperate race, I don't even know if that's possible but DAMN that would be so awesome, it would let me play Random again! :D

I also believe announcing Random players' race in the loading screen is almost as important, but that is an entirely different conversation.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Doncroft
Exactly. Smurfing already exists, and considering David Kim only seems interested in testing my/our idea on unranked, I don't see that as a problem.

oh dont get me wrong, i dont say your idea is a problem, but smurfing should be fixed, is annoying for most player base, i like playing vs smurfs, i learn a lot, but is that just me
Reply Quote
please have different mmr's for unranked....i would love to play terran casually with out having to get dominated time after time
Reply Quote
question irrelevant to this thread: if i was #1 in my league last season and i won my placement match for this one, why didn't i jump up a league?
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Toroid
question irrelevant to this thread: if i was #1 in my league last season and i won my placement match for this one, why didn't i jump up a league?

I think it's because your MMR, which determines your league, actually has nothing to do with your in-league rank, your score, or your placement match.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Thank you everyone for helping make this thread an overnight success.
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Dayvie
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

You make it sound like this idea has never been brought up before D=
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 06:22 PMPosted by StarGalaxy
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

I am kinda disappointed by that statement. Was there any doubt to not implement 1vs1 rankings for each race? I am kinda speechless right now. i mean why wouldn't you add that? It's super easy to implement and adds so much to the game.
If Hots will go into sale without that feature i will seriously doubt blizzard employee's intelligence.

I'm hoping it's more of a "we'll figure out how to do it and when it will be available" rather than "we'll figure out if it's really a good idea."
Reply Quote
+1 a different MMR for each race would be awesom I want this!
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Wogrim

I am kinda disappointed by that statement. Was there any doubt to not implement 1vs1 rankings for each race? I am kinda speechless right now. i mean why wouldn't you add that? It's super easy to implement and adds so much to the game.
If Hots will go into sale without that feature i will seriously doubt blizzard employee's intelligence.

I'm hoping it's more of a "we'll figure out how to do it and when it will be available" rather than "we'll figure out if it's really a good idea."

I admire your optimism but that's not what he is saying.
He is not even talking about separate 1vs1 ladders per race.
He said he would discuss the idea of having different mmrs for unranked play which is a NO BRAINER.
If you want to do some fun strategy with your offrace on unranked you would play against the same opponents as if you were playing with you main race on ranked.
I mean do you SERSIOUSLY have to discuss that internally? I would have thought that this would be the first thing to think about if you implement unranked play.
Reply Quote
+1. I feel the same way about lack of options for offracing. I've always thought this was the kind of thing Blizzard would get around to implementing eventually, but they sure are taking their sweet time. =p
Reply Quote
I've been saying this since day one.. As you can see with my account, I am platinum.. Why would someone with ~ 8000 games be gold/platinum you ask? Well, because this platinum player loves playing terran and protoss. The problem is my terran and protoss winrates are painfully low.. My zerg on the other hand is very high.. I actually went and bought another account *just for zerg* and I am high diamond with several hundred games.

On this account I play t/p and lose.. get frustrated, play z against low MMR folks, win, play t/p again and lose.. etc etc.. terrible circle of fail.

What would solve this? Separate MMR or better yet separate ladders for each race.
Reply Quote
While I might never achieve a skill level with any race to the point where this will matter to me - I simply don't spend enough time in ladder - I support people having as many options for playing the game as possible. If players want to experiment with a new race without ruining their matchmaking, there should be some way for them to do so.
Reply Quote
Thanks Doncroft!

And Also Kim Kim

:D
Reply Quote
Disregard
Edited by ZergyMonster on 11/3/2012 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Dayvie

-_- 걍 언랭크같은거 버리고 종족별 랭크해주심 안될까요?
언랭크 하고 싶으면 커스톰 게임하면 되니까요.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]