No Offracing Allowed

i agree with this
gg wp doncraft
Reply Quote
Blizzard gives you a way to do it. Whether or not you like having to pay for an extra amount is up to Blizzard. You can enjoy the game without buying extra accounts, but if you want to do it, then support Blizzard. Certainly having to get the expansions of smurf accounts must suck, but if you like the game that much $40 isn't much when you put 100s of hours into the game.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Flare
Blizzard gives you a way to do it. Whether or not you like having to pay for an extra amount is up to Blizzard. You can enjoy the game without buying extra accounts, but if you want to do it, then support Blizzard. Certainly having to get the expansions of smurf accounts must suck, but if you like the game that much $40 isn't much when you put 100s of hours into the game.

I am a schizoaffective (like a schizophrenic / bipolar hybrid) chronic insomniac unemployed in my early 20s with a brain tumor.
I paid for the game with expectations to be able to play and experience the game dynamically in all its potential forms. So ya, dropping another 40 bucks on top of the original 40 dollars to experience the game in its entirety as i initially expected can be "a bit much"

Edit: to clarify, I'm not in the ideal financial position with everything else going on to be paying "hidden fees" to a service I was formerly under the impression that I had already paid for.
Edited by MalZen on 11/1/2012 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A counter argument is that we don't want to blatantly lie about who we are and our skill level, don't want our statistics for win/loss by maps and race spread across multiple accounts OR don't want to have to log in and back out.

In it's current state, buying another account is not a viable option. Many people would be willing to pay a smaller fee for an ability to off-race, but buying a whole new game is counter-productive to creating a casual community. This thread doesn't need "just spend another $40 (plus expansions) for a flawed workaround."

We want our game to work. I'm willing to spend an extra $5 $10 or $20 for the game if I get the ability to "psudo-smurf" on ONE account with unified stats and friends lists.

11/01/2012 09:28 PMPosted by MalZen
dropping another 40 bucks on top of the original 40 dollars to experience the game in its entirety as i initially expected can be "a bit much"
I agree wholeheartedly.
Edited by OceanFlex on 11/1/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

so u honestly think if u wanna ladder as all 3 races you should pay 120 dollars per expansion??

i dont think it would be nearly as taxing on servers as say WoW is where ppl have multiple characters from both factions on muliple servers with millions of other players.

also this is a good example on how a thread will get 20x the recognition with gold text on it. i posted this same topic like 3 days ago with not even half this turnout lol
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Nightwolf
this is a good example on how a thread will get 20x the recognition with gold text on it. i posted this same topic like 3 days ago with not even half this turnout lol
No. This is an example of why people respect well organized threads more than one paragraph blurbs. And we expect VIPs to maintain the thread for Blizzard to read it. But mostly, compare your OP to Doncraft's OP.

But this one does look nice... http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4079844526
This one is less nice: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/541084787
This one is like yours: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2973252303
If only there was a search bar above the forums that people could enter "Race" and "Ladder" into to get many threads on that subject.
Edited by OceanFlex on 11/1/2012 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd argue that your first point:

11/01/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Doncroft
1. Tank your MMR, either intentionally or naturally and painfully.

Is flawed. If you play, seriously, your off race for 20 games you will have even games after that. When you are ready to return to your old race, just play that for 20 games and you're back to where you were (exceptions being gm and high masters). Everyone else actually gets benefits for offracing then switching back. MMR is so adaptable that it really only takes a few painful losses (or you may surprise yourself and get a win or 2) to get down to where you belong in the matchmaker.
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 09:33 PMPosted by OceanFlex
this is a good example on how a thread will get 20x the recognition with gold text on it. i posted this same topic like 3 days ago with not even half this turnout lol
No. This is an example of why people respect well organized threads more than one paragraph blurbs. And we expect VIPs to maintain the thread for Blizzard to read it. But mostly, compare your OP to Doncraft's OP.

yea they say the same thing only his is a giant wall of text and mine was put in about 30 seconds. same points made.
Reply Quote
The thing is it lengthens the longevity / replay value of the multiplayer if you can ladder with each race. Don't you think three different leagues would get you playing more? ALL that bonus pool, sitting there, ready to be spent 8D
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Nightwolf
yea they say the same thing only his is a giant wall of text and mine was put in about 30 seconds. same points made.
I am having trouble fighting the urge to continue this flamewar with you. Then again, free bumps...

11/01/2012 09:39 PMPosted by fingrknitter
The thing is it lengthens the longevity / replay value of the multiplayer if you can ladder with each race.
YES! Good point!
Edited by OceanFlex on 11/1/2012 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was actually very shocked when I learn that you are in one League/Ladder regardless of race. I thought it was kind of big to have your own league for the race you play and that you need to place with each race. Granted, the placement would also look at other factors like your MMR for your other race(s) that you play mostly, but still, I thought it was a bit weird that offracing could be so trivial.

With that said, I could be Silver with Protoss and Bronze with Zerg, but I'm positive I'll always be Wood League with Terran. :P
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 03:27 PMPosted by WhyLater
Won't the Unranked matchmaking pretty much accomplish this?

I agree. As soon as the new Hots update gets positive feedback, Blizzard should look into taking the new interface updates into the WoL.
Reply Quote
I am a schizoaffective (like a schizophrenic / bipolar hybrid) chronic insomniac unemployed in my early 20s with a brain tumor.
I paid for the game with expectations to be able to play and experience the game dynamically in all its potential forms. So ya, dropping another 40 bucks on top of the original 40 dollars to experience the game in its entirety as i initially expected can be "a bit much"

If you looked into the game, you could see what the limitations are. If Blizzard is making money off smurf accounts, why would they want to give it away for free?

Also for those who bought smurf accounts, wouldn't this be a ripoff? You get what they wanted for free only even more convenient.

A counter argument is that we don't want to blatantly lie about who we are and our skill level, don't want our statistics for win/loss by maps and race spread across multiple accounts OR don't want to have to log in and back out.

In it's current state, buying another account is not a viable option. Many people would be willing to pay a smaller fee for an ability to off-race, but buying a whole new game is counter-productive to creating a casual community. This thread doesn't need "just spend another $40 (plus expansions) for a flawed workaround."

Many people were willing to get smurf accounts and did buy it for $40. So should we just screw them over and make their accounts worthless? Maybe put Wings of Liberty on sale. If you like Blizzard, you can support them more through this. Bringing up WoW was a bad point since they have a monthly fee to add in all these features.

11/01/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Nightwolf
so u honestly think if u wanna ladder as all 3 races you should pay 120 dollars per expansion??

savvy buyers could get WoL for $10 at Toys R Us not long ago. If you want to play all 3 races on one account, play random. Many people have different winrates for their vZ and vP and vT, doesn't mean they should get 3 separate MMRs.
Reply Quote
Well personally, this last season I was attempting to stay in the top 8 of a teams plat for the feats achievement. I did so for weeks as Zerg; but in the last two weeks I lost heart, despondent towards the ladder. To refresh things and keep it from becoming stagnant I found desire to play as the other races and random. But that was what potentially limited me, and after a few bad days I lost my place in top 8. Then I was just at the point I wasn't having fun, because the choice was only reroll Zerg to play up to my standard and not enjoy a grind to get my spot back or keep trying to just keep the game alive for me and continue experiencing all the races at a possible handicap. I don't think I would have found this so called starcraft 2 limitation if I had tried to look into it before I bought the game.

Play for fun, experiencing each race, and possibly gimp yourself and lose. Which for most, is not fun.
Or
Be forced to play your predominant race even if its dulling the game for you?

I read on the box I could play as 3 races
Reply Quote
use my limited extra money to buy gifts for children

#goodguydoncroft
Reply Quote
I think it is reasonable to have to buy another account to have a second or third ladder. I bought a second account so I could play T and Z at a different MMR. The only thing I wish is that I could see all my stats on one account.
Reply Quote
Wont leveling help to?
Reply Quote
Long as I can play a decent Zerg I'm ok.
Reply Quote
I would like to play all three races vs equally skilled opponents at any time.

10^infinity
Reply Quote
I'm really surprised at the few people that are against the idea.

I'm in support

10^infinity
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]