StarCraft® II

I'm seeing 100% cheese these days in Silver.

I was beaten this morning by a Void Ray all-in, a dt drop, and 7 roach rush. Previous games recently include bunker rushes and spine/ling rushes.
I didn't get to play one single macro game anymore.
I got to Silver by doing macro roaches, and I understand that one shouldn't be able to build one way and win every game.
However, silver league is 100% cheese these days. I am not going to build a cheese build every game just to compensate...I'm going to stop playing until the expansion.
Is anyone else running into a wall of cheese in Silver or similar in other leagues?
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 01:26 PMPosted by StanZbornak
7 roach rush.

Is this cheese?

I was checking out the 7RR once and the guide said you can transition out of this or something. They pretty much said if you don't even do aggression you aren't behind.

Anyways, dts are easy to beat if you're scouting. The only dt cheese I can think of is a DT rush....
Reply Quote
You'll see a lot of cheese in all leagues on ladder, scout early and counter it you'll get a quick win. Send out your 9th worker is generally a good guideline for scouting cheese.
Reply Quote
Sooo play better, eventually cheese should = free win.

Dt rush? were are your overseers?
Void ray rush did you not scout?
bunker rush? did you scout the scv and drop a pool asap and a get a spine?
7rr? you scout the other zergs base? ZvZ you need to know exactly what they are doing and micro your units well.

I am silver and I have defended against all that, heck I got into silver against a protoss going 1 base void rays into two base void rays/zealots. I lost my main and natural and still stomped them.
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=269100
Edited by ProdofVoid on 11/12/2012 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah, that's all well and good, but 8 losses in a row to cheese doesn't really make me want to keep playing.
I got into silver by doing macro roaches, and am trying to work on fundamentals.
I don't want to just turn to rushes to make it through silver alive, but it's basically my only option at this point.
Reply Quote
Solution:

Just get out of silver.
Reply Quote
Cheese them back?
Reply Quote
I've gone through the low leagues at least 5 times across the my various accounts. I'll just be playing standard and at like 11 minutes in somebody attacks me with like 14 stalkers and I think to myself, "So that's what these people call cheese."

What I'm trying to say is the cheese you face is terribly executed and late to the point where it isn't even cheese, it's just a very very very poorly executed attack. Simply executing your build correctly will bring you success every game.
Edited by BlackDeath on 11/12/2012 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah, that's all well and good, but 8 losses in a row to cheese doesn't really make me want to keep playing.
I got into silver by doing macro roaches, and am trying to work on fundamentals.
I don't want to just turn to rushes to make it through silver alive, but it's basically my only option at this point.

Pretty sure I had 7 in a row and 9 in a row last season it sucks, but you just have to push the damn button.

Post some replays, ask for help, get practice partners.
Reply Quote
practice vs cheese and not only will you stop losing to it, youll get out of silver too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]