80 drones

hive + spire started
1/1/1 upgrades
9 infestors

200/200 army

How does Hyun do this?

I am a table
Reply Quote
Replay or it didn't happen... I can barely get 200/200 +2 roach army by 13 minutes into the game.
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROliTQLSEdE&feature=plcp

nvm, he had 88 drones instead of 80
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Protostitute
Replay or it didn't happen... I can barely get 200/200 +2 roach army by 13 minutes into the game.

Really? I can easily get to max at 11:00 like stephano does with 80 drones, that is, if you leave me alone :S My damage control is usually WAY over board, and the transition from roaches to broods makes me feel awful...so I lose :S
Reply Quote
Its called standard zerg
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:52 PMPosted by fingrknitter
Really? I can easily get to max at 11:00 like stephano does with 80 drones, that is, if you leave me alone :S

See, the problem is, if you leave a zerg alone for 11 minutes you probably deserve to lose.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:52 PMPosted by fingrknitter

Really? I can easily get to max at 11:00 like stephano does with 80 drones, that is, if you leave me alone :S My damage control is usually WAY over board, and the transition from roaches to broods makes me feel awful...so I lose :S

the thing is, hyun was actually constantly pressuring parting's 3rd too
Reply Quote
A lot of what what makes hyun so exceptional that he manages to pressure and still tech up as fast as a normal zerg is his exact knowledge on when to cut drones along with his reluctance to use large numbers of roaches. You'll notice hyun has a swarm of lings just before or after a protoss tries to secure their third. The lings aren't nearly as costly as a huge max out mid game pressure because it's smaller numbers done earlier. Additionally gas income is the most important thing at this point and the delayed protoss 3rd means he has more time before a three base timing can hit. Then in the mid game he only makes zerglings and tech (infestors, hive, GS, upgrades) so he has a standing army with a transition.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jwm9jl3ko

This song would be appropriate for the occassion.
Reply Quote

Okay, now that makes Zerg actually look OP.
Reply Quote

Okay, now that makes Zerg actually look OP.

besides doing the wonwonwon i have no idea what else parting could've done there

and wonwonwon isn't even good on a map that big

I am a table
Edited by Metallica on 11/12/2012 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Metallica
I am a table

I thought it was "I am the table"
Reply Quote
Woa, I just looked at this fella's posts.

Only one page full. Totally new!
Reply Quote
Wow, that game was disgusting. The thing is, I don't even really see any mistakes from Parting's side.
Edited by adrrr on 11/12/2012 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 08:55 PMPosted by adrrr
Wow, that game was disgusting. The thing is, I don't even really see any mistakes from Parting's side.

PartinG's big mistake that game was not doing anything and allowing HyuN to do whatever he wanted for 13 minutes.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:08 PMPosted by WhitePointer

PartinG's big mistake that game was not doing anything and allowing HyuN to do whatever he wanted for 13 minutes.

Parting took an early third. Protoss can't reliably "pressure" after going for a quick 3rd CC. Hyun was also pressuring Parting's 3rd with roach ling, which he defended competently enough.

Protoss shouldn't be relegated to 2 base all-ins if that's what it takes to 'stop Zerg from doing whatever they want'.
Reply Quote
9 minute 3rd is not an early third.
Reply Quote
It's not a 1 gate double expand, but it's still a relatively early third base. I guess he could have swapped out those 2 immortals for something cheaper to get an earlier third, but he might have just died to the roach ling aggression that Hyun put on right as he took the third.

Regardless, does Protoss not have the choice to opt for a long game? This goes back to the old Terran saying: every passing moment we're not attacking is losing us the game.
Edited by adrrr on 11/12/2012 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]