StarCraft® II

The Hyun Max

Parting took an early third. Protoss can't reliably "pressure" after going for a quick 3rd CC. Hyun was also pressuring Parting's 3rd with roach ling, which he defended competently enough.

Protoss shouldn't be relegated to 2 base all-ins if that's what it takes to 'stop Zerg from doing whatever they want'.

As Mallard said 9 minutes is not an early third.

But regardless, toss does not need to do a two base all-in to 'stop Zerg from doing whatever they want'. If you watch that game, PartinG tried to turtle on 3 bases, and did NOTHING to HyuN in that time. No pressuring HyuN's third with zealots/stalkers. No Warp Prisms. No DT's. No Phoenix. Nothing. I don't even think he scouted HyuN's 4th and 5th.

I want to re-iterate he did NOTHING. Not a damn thing. And HyuN said thank you very much and got to 5 bases, hive tech and 88 drones.

He played extremely passively. I mean the only time he actually moved out onto the map was after HyuN had taken out his third, when he basically decided "screw it I'm all-in", boxed everything and a-moved.

I'm not saying PartinG should have stayed on 2 bases and just do an all-in, but he could have tried doing SOMETHING to HyuN while securing his third. He did NOTHING, and got smacked as a result.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:17 PMPosted by adrrr

PartinG's big mistake that game was not doing anything and allowing HyuN to do whatever he wanted for 13 minutes.

Parting took an early third. Protoss can't reliably "pressure" after going for a quick 3rd CC. Hyun was also pressuring Parting's 3rd with roach ling, which he defended competently enough.

Protoss shouldn't be relegated to 2 base all-ins if that's what it takes to 'stop Zerg from doing whatever they want'.

Parting took an early 3rd on top of building Robo tech. A 3-base Gateway defense would've been more than enough to hold the third. He played greed against greed, and against Zerg you will lose.

A 2-base all-in is a perfectly logical and acceptable response to greedy Zerg play.
Reply Quote

As Mallard said 9 minutes is not an early third.

But regardless, toss does not need to do a two base all-in to 'stop Zerg from doing whatever they want'. If you watch that game, PartinG tried to turtle on 3 bases, and did NOTHING to HyuN in that time. No pressuring HyuN's third with zealots/stalkers. No Warp Prisms. No DT's. No Phoenix. Nothing. I don't even think he scouted HyuN's 4th and 5th.

I want to re-iterate he did NOTHING. Not a damn thing. And HyuN said thank you very much and got to 5 bases, hive tech and 88 drones.

He played extremely passively. I mean the only time he actually moved out onto the map was after HyuN had taken out his third, when he basically decided "screw it I'm all-in", boxed everything and a-moved.

I'm not saying PartinG should have stayed on 2 bases and just do an all-in, but he could have tried doing SOMETHING to HyuN while securing his third. He did NOTHING, and got smacked as a result.

Parting's 3rd was under pressure the whole time? Hyun had roach ling right outside his base. I guess warp prism is an option, but even that's starting to be fazed out as Zergs are starting to multitask better. HerO who was the pinnacle of warp prism harass has started to revert back to a turtle deathball style.

Regardless, I still find it perplexing that Zerg is essentially a ticking time bomb. Essentially, the onus is always on the Protoss to be the aggressor lest something like this happen, which makes for an extremely predictable game.
Reply Quote
Parting took his third way too late. Robo expands are best around the 7:30 mark especially because you can make a gateway wall rendering lings worthless and saving forcefields for roaches. Instead Parting abandoned his all in late and took a late expansion right as Hyun's gas tech was kicking in. He had to waste numerous forcefields and sit at home instead of pressuring.
Reply Quote
He's Zerg. He can drone for 8-10 mins STRAIGHT without making any army units.
Zerg is the biggest !@#$ race since turdburger

like protoss can hold pretty much everything before 8 minutes by just throwing down canons?
Reply Quote
This happens when you don't pressure a zerg. It will even happen in zvz if you don't pressure the guy or he doesn't pressure you. Zerg is like a disease...you either keep attacking it or it will spread into your vital organs and you will die. Did he try the wonwonwon at all in the series? Seemed from what the casters were saying he didn't try it...I wonder how well it would have worked.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:55 PMPosted by DobisPR
This happens when you don't pressure a zerg. It will even happen in zvz if you don't pressure the guy or he doesn't pressure you. Zerg is like a disease...you either keep attacking it or it will spread into your vital organs and you will die. Did he try the wonwonwon at all in the series? Seemed from what the casters were saying he didn't try it...I wonder how well it would have worked.

He didn't try it. I was pretty disappointed :(.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Swarm

He didn't try it. I was pretty disappointed :(.

wonwonwon sucks on that map, too big.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]