StarCraft® II

Trading infestor nerf for Marine nerf and...

as a diamond zerg player, I'll be happy to trade a nerf for the infestor so that marines and forcefield get a major nerf.

we all know forcefield denies micro, and is too game deciding, and is spammable. in fact, this skill is the protoss version of fungal as it denies micro, traps units for inevitable death, cannot be countered when casted. Is it imbalanced? Of course! if fungal gets nerfed, so should this skill too.

marines... the only zerg counters to marines are banelings and infestors. if fungal gets nerfed, marines force auto gg against zerg. marines+split against banelings, gg.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Unlike infestors, Marines are a core unit. Infestors could arguably be a core unit, but they are more of an abused support caster. Also changing Marines would screw Terran against Protoss.
Edited by PotatoLiSK on 11/13/2012 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:58 PMPosted by PotatoLiSK
Unlike infestors, Marines are a core unit. Infestors could arguably be a core unit, but they are more of an abused support caster. Also changing Marines would screw Terran against Protoss.

infestors are a core unit because without it, entire zerg race would be countered by tier 1 units by the time zerg reaches mid-game.

terran doesnt need marines against toss. they rely on marauders for the damage and tanking, and if colosus come by, there are vikings for that. infact, all terran needs against protoss to win are marauders, ghosts, and vikings, and maybe a few marines for added dps.
Reply Quote
I'm speechless. Good troll.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Essex
cannot be countered when casted

Incorrect my friend. Massive units crush FF. Also, FF takes a lot more skill than fungal because forcefields require perfect placement.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Fencar
I'm speechless. Good troll.

nice argument, did you read the thread about how to argue on the forums?
Reply Quote
cannot be countered when casted

Incorrect my friend. Massive units crush FF. Also, FF takes a lot more skill than fungal because forcefields require perfect placement.

zerg's only massive ground unit: tier 3 ultra lisk, you serious bro?

lol fungal takes the same skill, point and click where you want it to be.
Edited by Essex on 11/13/2012 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Essex

infestors are a core unit because without it, entire zerg race would be countered by tier 1 units by the time zerg reaches mid-game.

terran doesnt need marines against toss. they rely on marauders for the damage and tanking, and if colosus come by, there are vikings for that. infact, all terran needs against protoss to win are marauders, ghosts, and vikings, and maybe a few marines for added dps.

Wrong, zerg were fine with ling/bling/muta in midgame before then so don't act like zerg were hopeless without it.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Phil

Wrong, zerg were fine with ling/bling/muta in midgame before then so don't act like zerg were hopeless without it.

This. Zerglings and roaches are core units for Zerg. Infestors are a support caster unit.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Phil

lol, and what, rely only on 1 build? that actually reduces zerg options and variety. do you want games versus zerg to be stale and only rely on 1 build?
Reply Quote

Muta/ling/bling is good in the midgame. It's the lategame where infestors are needed, mostly because Zerg's T3 units (especially ultras) are underwhelming without their support.

And a nerf to infestors doesn't mean they will be useless in the midgame either.
Edited by BossBobRoss on 11/13/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

This. Zerglings and roaches are core units for Zerg. Infestors are a support caster unit.

i agree with those core units, but marines counter lings and roaches. maybe they should be buffed so that they fulfill those key roles, like you said, to compensate for infestor
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:58 PMPosted by PotatoLiSK

Don't forcefeilds, storms, and other splash attacks like collosi play a large role in protoss versus bio? (meaning a nerf to forcefeilds would counteract a nerf to bio... IN THEORY...)

Post Note: everything is perfect in theory :'(
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:06 PMPosted by BossBobRoss

Muta/ling/bling is good in the midgame. It's the lategame where infestors are needed, mostly because Zerg's T3 units (especially ultras) are underwhelming without their support.

And a nerf to infestors doesn't mean they will be useless in the midgame either.

again, reducing zerg to using only 1 build against that race really makes the game stale, and zerg predictable. i think its a step in the wrong direction
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Morte

Don't forcefeilds, storms, and other splash attacks like collosi play a large role in protoss versus bio? (meaning a nerf to forcefeilds would counteract a nerf to bio... IN THEORY...)

Post Note: everything is perfect in theory :'(

forcefield and storm are countered by ghost, and the fact that all terran units are essentially ranged.

as for splash, vikings take care of collosi, and marauders destroy archons already
Reply Quote

again, reducing zerg to using only 1 build against that race really makes the game stale, and zerg predictable. i think its a step in the wrong direction

Reply Quote

no actually, you would just have to not be really bad, and then you could play the mid game without infetors.

Sorry if this is a wake up call to 90% of zergs out there, but if you can't win without infestors, you are bad.

Not to mention the fact that the queen buff has mad you basically invincible early game, and even stronger mid game than before the infestor change cause creep is errwhere
Edited by max on 11/13/2012 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Essex

zerg's only massive ground unit: tier 3 ultra lisk, you serious bro?

lol fungal takes the same skill, point and click where you want it to be.

I dont think you read my post correctly. I stated a counter to the forcefield and, like i said, FF require PERFECT positioning.
Reply Quote

i just feel like people whine too much, no hypocritical stances intended. i just feel like zerg options are limited and the reduction of a units effectiveness for an already under-optioned race, is just petrifying.

i feel like the other races need to be explored, rather than people whine about things they dont understand, like the infestor.

after 150 games, i have never seen a ghost use emp against me, or templar give my infestors feedback. honestly, the community is just bogus
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]