StarCraft® II

Dear Zerg, Regarding the Infestor.

Dear Zerg Player,

As you all know there has been a great deal of frustration regarding your Infestors. Most of this frustration is a result of the Fungal Growth ability. I too believe that this ability is a little bit too strong. I have a small change to the ability that I would like to poll you lovely Zerg players on. I feel this - at least in theory - would not reduce the effectiveness of the unit and still address complaints.

What if Fungal Growth did not Root Massive Units?

That is it would still damage them but it would loose their root ability. This would not effect massive groups of marines or Zealots. Or even Ling Bane. But you could no longer root Massive units like Brood Lords and the Mothership.

Please let me know what you guys think in the comments below. Your opinion means a great deal to me. Feel free to opine or rebuke me.
Reply Quote
Dear Protoss Player,

I dont think that would bother me at all. However since the infestor uproar is mostly about how it negates micro how would u match this change with forcefields thta cause equal amounts of frustration if not more
Reply Quote
Dear Protoss Player,

I dont think that would bother me at all. However since the infestor uproar is mostly about how it negates micro how would u match this change with forcefields thta cause equal amounts of frustration if not more

Don't Massive units crush FFs?

And ARK- Totally cool with that change. FGs main utility is that is locks down larger groups of small/fast units and is for the most part, ineffective against Massive units
Reply Quote
lol infestors are bad imo I never them use in tvz and i still win, its only pvz that you have to mass them or you lose but never use infestors vs bio...... ever.
Edited by ZCksuen on 11/15/2012 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 10:45 AMPosted by DirtyD

yes but ultras come a lot lot later then sentries.

11/14/2012 10:51 AMPosted by ZCksuen
lol infestors bad i never use in tvz and i still win, its only pvz that you have to mass them or you lose but never use infestors vs bio...... ever.

infestors own bio, go look at the massive amounts of terrans crying that marines die to infestors
Reply Quote

Good point. However, Archons, the massive that would be the biggest threat w/o snare on fungal, come out a lot later than Infestors, so I still think it would be balanced. Both abilities are powerful when they come out, but lose utility as higher end units hit the field.

Also, there's no way ZCksuen is not trolling.
Reply Quote
wait how do archons come out way later then infestors?
Reply Quote
I would accept this if the NP went back to 9 range ;p
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Nightwolf

Ok, maybe not WAYY later, but usually a Toss isn't going to merge their HTs until they have gotten a couple storms out of them and DTs have a good amount of utility for harass.

Back to the main point though, I don't see a problem with Archons being immune to snare. Their size makes it impractical, and IMO throwing a couple ITs in the way is more effective at slowing them down.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 02:09 PMPosted by DirtyD

Ok, maybe not WAYY later, but usually a Toss isn't going to merge their HTs until they have gotten a couple storms out of them and DTs have a good amount of utility for harass.

Back to the main point though, I don't see a problem with Archons being immune to snare. Their size makes it impractical, and IMO throwing a couple ITs in the way is more effective at slowing them down.

It's a tough call. Fungaled archons definitely sucks. My friend did it to me yesterday.... chain fungals on all my archons... dead. It's definitely not right. But on the other hand, without fungal, zerg has no real counter to archons other than path blocking w/ broodlings, which isn't exactly a reliable counter. As a protoss player if archons ever become snare immune, that's pretty much all I'm going to make every game...
Reply Quote
I wouldnt mind fungal fix if other units in zerg army were buffed. The only form of good mobile anti air we have is the infestor. Corruptors are only made pre broodlords and only when colossus are out, they are useless/expensive otherwise. Hydras suck (they arent better in HoTs even with speed buff, too expensive still). Also, forcefield makes it a face smash when playing vs toss without fungal... so unless those abilities/problems are fixed, fungal is needed.
Reply Quote
Dear Protoss, you control the matchup until we reach hive - surely you can find a way to cripple us before 12 minutes (when Infestors with pathogen become available on 3 base) instead of lazily sitting back turtling on 2-3 bases on robo tech that we can't punish unless you retardedly mash your head against a spine infestor wall. K THNX BAI

p.s. 4-5 gate pressure, +2 blink stalkers, and sentry immortal all in I hear those things are really good
Reply Quote
A few moths ago I would see Zerg players QQing on how toss deathballs are OP

FG makes toss players actually have to think intstead just using a Deathball to faceroll to victory!
Reply Quote
Infestors are quite slow and you have to get close enough for them to catch you with the fungals...I think just not engaging the army head on is pretty effective... or something that was done to me once was when I had most of his deathball surrounded with IT and trying to hold it as best I could with chain fungal the pecker wood recalled all his units and I was drained of energy so he just came out of his base with his mothership flying around all ga y and I autolost because I had all my supply stuck in no energy infestor.
Reply Quote
Infestors help compensate for a otherwise under powered zerg mid-game. Give me another option and I would GLADLY use it.
Reply Quote
Lol ya...exactly. I want defiler back, or lurker...something that gives the zerg actual BITE instead of just having to rely on locking down your army until it dies.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Nightwolf

lol infestors bad i never use in tvz and i still win, its only pvz that you have to mass them or you lose but never use infestors vs bio...... ever.

infestors own bio, go look at the massive amounts of terrans crying that marines die to infestors

i still use them vs mech but when they add marauders to the bio balls I stop making them and if there's a high medivac don't rely on them for damage maybe just to stop them from kiting?
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 10:22 PMPosted by tBz
Infestors help compensate for a otherwise under powered zerg mid-game. Give me another option and I would GLADLY use it.

this. I would love a better hydralisk and/or ultralisks that can actually kill light things to compensate..
Reply Quote
Consider this. Fungle already doesn't root ultras, I never see thors, so it'd be mainly to handle retreating broodlords, advancing archons, and retreating/kiting colossi. (I won't mention bc's or carriers cuz they're lol)

1) Broodlords: If my infestors can't stop their retreat anymore, I can still snipe them with IT, I just have to more carefully think their positioning. It'd allow more thought, and give the opponent more ability to run away and survive, even though he did allow his broodlords to be exposed. (I'm not going to investigate the ramifications of charging broodlords since that's the silliest thing I've ever heard)

My thoughts-- no problem.

2) Archons: If I'm dealing with some retreating/charging archons, and didn't have the ability to stop them in their tracks, I'd be concerned. Currently, infestors are the best at stopping the lot/archon combo because they can freeze the close quarter combat machine from getting close.

My thoughts-- I can see options opening for using the IT eggs to block their path as many zerg players do vs my ultras, but that seems rather gimmicky. If this buff/nerf were put through, could you tell me a another highly cost effective way I could stop an ultra/lot combo timing attack when I'm at tier 2?

3) Collosi: I rarely see these guys charging, for the same reason as the broodlords. Usually they're kiting or retreating, so I'll examine those two instances. First, when it gets to the point that he's kiting me with only colossi, I've won the game. I don't care if you take the root function or not. Second, if he's running from the battlefield with a handful of colossi, I have at my disposal raoches, lings, and mutas. Any of which can outrun the colossi. So once again, I don't really care.

My thoughts-- no problem.

In conclusion, its mainly the Archon I want rooted, if you took that from me, how can I stop that army comp? What are your suggestions? If he leads with archons, I can fungle his lots, but then I'd have to have a lot of roaches to overcome him... God forbid if he has any ff's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]