StarCraft® II

BattleCruiser / Raven / Viking

Needs to be easier to get for Terran. Time, upgrades, cost and supply. Having Terran's end game composition come at 25 minutes is ridiculous. If I could fix anything about Terran, it is making this composition easier to get to.
Reply Quote
I agree. Battlecruisers are just not viable because they are really slow and also takes quite a lot of time to build up in power. Besides, Battlecruisers deal low damage per attack and everybody already has 3/3 by the time Battlecruisers come out, so they can't really kill without Yamato Cannon because their attacks deal so low damage.
Reply Quote
+1
Or is that Bias?
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 04:42 AMPosted by VuoiDyS
I agree. Battlecruisers are just not viable because they are really slow and also takes quite a lot of time to build up in power. Besides, Battlecruisers deal low damage per attack and everybody already has 3/3 by the time Battlecruisers come out, so they can't really kill without Yamato Cannon because their attacks deal so low damage.

I don't really agree that Battlecruisers aren't viable (we have MVP to thank for proving that - assuming you don't clump up EVERYTHING and get flanked by the world's most massive Archon Toilet), but it would be nice if there was a way to get to that composition with more frequency. Battlecruisers are such massive damage tanks and Seeker Missile SO deadly that the designers and developers would need to be very careful about any adjustments, lest someone max out on Battlecruiser/Raven at 16 minutes and just faceroll the opponent. Let's face it: 16 BCs and 16 Ravens with a smattering of Vikings or even just a few BCs with Raven/Viking going is very powerful once Seeker Missile comes online.

Something would need to be nerfed for it to come drastically earlier, but some sort of buff is needed to bring it into the territory of 'reasonable'... I don't know how that can actually be resolved.
Reply Quote
Terran bio doesn't count that much gas anyway.....this frees up a tons of gas for the terran to go BC/Raven/Viking (which you already made a lot of viking, and a few raven when you are going Bio anyway)
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 05:55 AMPosted by XxXxX
Terran bio doesn't count that much gas anyway.....this frees up a tons of gas for the terran to go BC/Raven/Viking (which you already made a lot of viking, and a few raven when you are going Bio anyway)

Until you start adding things in such as Starports, (Raven Upgrades) BC upgrades, armories, etc, etc. It isn't cheap, it isn't like we can just tech switch like Broods, Infestors, it takes a lot of time and planning. We don't have timings we can hit or markers where we say, 'Ok time to tech switch to end game composition.'

Besides and this comes from personal experience. If you are going Bio and you have the ability to tech switch to BC's, Ravens and Vikings, you can probably already win the game with the Bio you have. It is common knowledge anyway, you generally go Mech into this composition, not Bio.

There is a reason you don't see this tech switch in T vs P and it has nothing to do with Storms or Feedback, it just isn't a viable transition from Bio.

Battlecruisers are such massive damage tanks and Seeker Missile SO deadly that the designers and developers would need to be very careful about any adjustments, lest someone max out on Battlecruiser/Raven at 16 minutes and just faceroll the opponent.

This is the timing that Brood / Infestor hits at, yet we have to wait an extra ten to fifteen minutes before we get our caster and tier 3 to be viable in the match up?
Edited by sGSyntax on 10/29/2012 6:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 05:55 AMPosted by XxXxX

Yeah, but then you have to add in the costs to go air and the time needed to do so. Especially if you are getting Ravens, which need a ton of upgrades just to be decent.

The big thing is that tech switching for terran is a really expensive and time consuming thing to do.

I personally think the Raven needs a buff and the BC (and the protoss carrier) needs to have a shorter build time. I'm thinking more like around the same build time as their tier 3 ground counterparts, the Thor and the Colossus.
Edited by Phil on 10/29/2012 6:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
*cough* Tech-Reactor *cough*cough*

What was that? Sounded like an echo from a post I made back in May...
Huh... Odd.
Reply Quote
The biggest thing holding Terran back in tech-switching is their upgrades.

That and getting 2 air upgrades at a time costs 2 armories. Compare that to Protoss using 2 Cybernetics Cores.
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Phil
I personally think the Raven needs a buff

I disagree. The thing is deadly when used right. You would have to be careful with any buff otherwise you end up with it being to effective than getting pummeled with the nerf bat harder than you can imagine.

( I LOVE THE RAVEN)
Reply Quote
I would love more BC's in play
Reply Quote
If you make BC / Raven / Viking easier to reach, you've got to be very careful, since BC / Raven / Viking is the strongest unit composition in the game. There is actually no unit comp for Zerg that can kill a BC / Raven / Viking army, aside from possibly mass, mass infestor with a ridiculous amount of IT spam.
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 07:28 AMPosted by JDub
If you make BC / Raven / Viking easier to reach, you've got to be very careful, since BC / Raven / Viking is the strongest unit composition in the game. There is actually no unit comp for Zerg that can kill a BC / Raven / Viking army, aside from possibly mass, mass infestor with a ridiculous amount of IT spam.

Ravens are the real problem. I am thankful most terran players don't build them.
Reply Quote
If Terran air, Protoss air and Zerg air become the strongest tech these races have to offer, I feel as if the games would lessen in difficulty. The only incentive to build ground units would be in order to defend until these air units come out, lessening action. Right now, every race has good air when massed. Zerg tries to use their's every game because it's born in a timely fashion, thus you see Zerg defend for it often. If air was super good for every race, we would just focus on getting these units out, which could turn into turtle for air more often. With the introduction of the Tempest, it's obvious they want to deal with Broodlord balls. If this is successful, Zerg would have no reason to turtle into Broodlord balls anymore and would use their other units all game, perhaps, resulting in more action. But, if Terran uses mech vs Protoss, Protoss would just mass air now resulting in the same situation. If Terran can deal with Protoss' air mass, then perhaps we will have similar action or more positional play that can't be beaten by just air itself.
Reply Quote
RAvens FTW!
Reply Quote
At the very least Blizzard needs to fix auto-turrets so that if a unit is standing right under its placement the unit moves out of the way.
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 08:18 AMPosted by JorgeCis
At the very least Blizzard needs to fix auto-turrets so that if a unit is standing right under its placement the unit moves out of the way.

You have to careful with this. If you could make it only work if your units were in the way thats fine. Otherwise you can use autoturrets as walls too easily
Reply Quote
Im zerg,and I think its hard to transiton in to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]