StarCraft® II

BattleCruiser / Raven / Viking

10/29/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Tical
Terran bio doesn't count that much gas anyway.....this frees up a tons of gas for the terran to go BC/Raven/Viking (which you already made a lot of viking, and a few raven when you are going Bio anyway)

Dude, if a protoss opponent macros correctly, you'll see at most 1 raven on the field. A terran has to constantly pump out vikings for each colossus, and make sure to add a couple of ghosts with their upgrade in case of a HT tech switch, and then pump out ghosts non stop when that does happen.

Marines and marauders are cheap on gas, but they're not the only units to compensate a bio composition. Protoss players tend to way underguestimate the amount of gas Terran uses in response to protoss tech. For each colossus on the field, we need 3-4 vikings to sufficiently dps it down. for 3 vikings, that's 450 minerals, 225 gas per colossus. Any decent terran would throw down an armory, and start investing in ship weapons, costing more gas, whereas colossus benefits from forge upgrades, which in terms mean no additional investment. Late game, can easily turn into double reactored starports in order to keep up with a protoss; then add in Medivacs, and ghosts, for me usually eat's up all my gas on 3 bases.

I have no idea where your "theory" of terrans adding in ravens with their bio composition comes from... that's an investment away from stuff they already do need to keep up with protoss late game, and in small numbers of 2-3 are highly susceptible to blink snipe, and feedback.

Please don't respond with "PDD"... As it takes 10 stalker shots soak it up. Considering there's usually more than 10 stalkers on the field, the terran player would have wasted efforts babysitting a very clunky, slow, and expensive unit, just to have all their PDD from full energy 1 shotted. I say this because I play terran, and I've experienced this. In other words, you my friend, are theorycrafting.

Dude i agree From my experience on this game Blizzard is Shafting Terran like They really know how to stick it in and break it off... Infestors are the most op unit in the game, Fungle range has 7 compared to a ghost range of 5 and not to mention Toss or Zerg dont have to "SPLIT UNITS" and its so simple to just pick off a raven or ghosts because ghosts dont have enough range and ravens are too slow and emp is worthless and not nearly as cost efficent as storm or fungle, i really think the terran race takes the most skill to play on this game and i hope blizzard can add some buffs to terran to even the odds, or at the Very least give us a Unit that makes the other races switch tech
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I think the main reason that the BC is so hard to get, is you have to build that core thing for it. And the BC itself costs a lot. I think some minor changes to costs would be beneficial.
Reply Quote
OMG ! love that name!
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 11:10 AMPosted by TerranDatAss
Dude i agree From my experience on this game Blizzard is Shafting Terran like They really know how to stick it in and break it off... Infestors are the most op unit in the game, Fungle range has 7 compared to a ghost range of 5 and not to mention Toss or Zerg dont have to "SPLIT UNITS" and its so simple to just pick off a raven or ghosts because ghosts dont have enough range and ravens are too slow and emp is worthless and not nearly as cost efficent as storm or fungle, i really think the terran race takes the most skill to play on this game and i hope blizzard can add some buffs to terran to even the odds, or at the Very least give us a Unit that makes the other races switch tech
Although I agree that the Ghost is an inferior caster to the Infestor in many ways, Fungal has 9 range with 2 radius while EMP has 10 range with 1.5 radius. Snipe also has 10 range.

Please explain how Infestors are "op."

Zerg does in fact have to split Air units against Thors, as Thors do splash damage against Air. This increases the effectiveness of Marines and Vikings against Fungals slightly, as your units will not clump up trying to attack a single location where the Zerg deathball is, and instead will engage over a more spread out area making it harder for the Zerg player to effectively fungal your units.

Terran does not make other races switch tech, Terran delays the other player by forcing them to react to Hellion run-by's, Banshee harassment, and Drops while building a faster, (if going any amount of Bio) better, stronger army to crush the opponent when the time comes to fight head-on.
Reply Quote
Although I agree that the Ghost is an inferior caster to the Infestor in many ways, Fungal has 9 range with 2 radius while EMP has 10 range with 1.5 radius. Snipe also has 10 range.

Please explain how Infestors are "op."

Zerg does in fact have to split Air units against Thors, as Thors do splash damage against Air. This increases the effectiveness of Marines and Vikings against Fungals slightly, as your units will not clump up trying to attack a single location where the Zerg deathball is, and instead will engage over a more spread out area making it harder for the Zerg player to effectively fungal your units.

Terran does not make other races switch tech, Terran delays the other player by forcing them to react to Hellion run-by's, Banshee harassment, and Drops while building a faster, (if going any amount of Bio) better, stronger army to crush the opponent when the time comes to fight head-on.

Dude if the player is decent enough he can defend against hellions and banshee to easy and if you fail with any harass your already behind not to mention your only spliting curropters for zerg air...
Edited by TerranDatAss on 10/29/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
>.<
Reply Quote
At the very least Blizzard needs to fix auto-turrets so that if a unit is standing right under its placement the unit moves out of the way.

You have to careful with this. If you could make it only work if your units were in the way thats fine. Otherwise you can use autoturrets as walls too easily

Just use the same mechanic that units use when placing a building.
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Fencar
Zerg does in fact have to split Air units against Thors, as Thors do splash damage against Air.

This. Imagine a flying baneling that is guaranteed to hit the target.
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 11:53 AMPosted by SrCardgage
This. Imagine a flying baneling that is guaranteed to hit the target.

I wasn't aware banelings costed 100/200, required a 150/150 upgrade, needed to wait for 125 energy to be used, and did friendly fire.
Reply Quote
Both P and T tier3 air armies need to be more viable, they're at best situational and only allowed in very long games.

Its quite absurd that the one race relying on air units is the one made up of bugs, while the high-tech races can never get to their air fleets.

I also think BCs/Carriers should cost more resources/supply and be more powerful while at it. Massing them for a-click air deathballs is stupid and n00bish. But having them act as actual key capital units that deal high results but need protecting could be used strategically
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Leongrad
Its quite absurd that the one race relying on air units is the one made up of bugs, while the high-tech races can never get to their air fleets.

Well said sir
Reply Quote
I agree.

The cost of a BC is only 400 less than a mothership, and nowhere near as powerful. Of course the design of the game is made so terran cannot turtle into BC, because any race would stomp them beforehand.

Though we SHOULD get an alternative to TVT being online MMM and tank play. I seriously loath playing tvt because of the turtling and stupid playstyles.
Reply Quote
bork
Reply Quote
QUAZI-NECROBUMP DETECTED! PROCEED AT OWN RISK!
Edited by VIPER on 11/12/2012 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 03:50 PMPosted by VIPER
NECROBUMP DETECTED! PROCEED AT OWN RISK!

Actually, this is a Quazi-Necrobump. It was made 2 weeks ago, so it's a dying thread, but not necessarily completely dead.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 03:57 PMPosted by PotatoLiSK
Actually, this is a Quazi-Necrobump. It was made 2 weeks ago, so it's a dying thread, but not necessarily completely dead.

FTFM
Reply Quote
+1. you need to like build 20 starports, have a !@#$ ton of money and perfectly transition to pull it off.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see someone try and post a counter
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Roshu
I'd like to see someone try and post a counter
Protoss counter it with the Archon Toilet. Zerg counter it with mass infestor.
Reply Quote
the reason why skytoss and skyterran doesnt work is mass infestor. watch bomber vs freaky freaky got his spire sniped before he could make enough corrupter, guess what? dump all gas on 30 infestor, fungal+IT KILL all bc and raven. tell me this is balanced http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/Waxangel/GSL/S3_2012/whatthefat/VvTBJ.jpg
http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/Waxangel/GSL/S3_2012/freakybomber.jpg
Edited by BronzeAddict on 11/13/2012 4:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]