StarCraft® II

Face of a Gamer contest

Update: I won!

Hey, it's me again. I was recently picked as one of 5 finalists in the "Face of a Gamer" contest being run by the Entertainment Consumer Association (ECA). I'd appreciate any support that you, my fellow custom map-makers, would be willing to give me. Basically, you can vote for my entry by going to the ECA's facebook page and liking the post with my entry.

ECA Facebook Page (with all 5 entries)
    https://www.facebook.com/TheECA

My Entry
    https://www.facebook.com/TheECA/posts/236053346524542

My entry reads as follows:

It's time for you to choose who will be the Face of a Gamer! Please visit our FB page to view all contestants and "Like" the post you think should win.

Michael Kennedy

I defy negative gamer stereotypes. I stay fit in my free time, practicing taekwondo and jujitsu; I’m currently six months from my first-degree black belt. I have a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering and will have my PhD in Mechanical Engineering in two years. My research* uses gaming to help address an important need in society and is being already being used in local hospitals and clinics to improve the balance rehabilitation for patients experiencing stroke and other forms of neurotrauma. I’ve been a gamer since I was in middle school, and find the most enjoyment in playing games with my friends. My favorite games would have to be those made by Blizzard Entertainment, along with the Halo and DragonAge franchises. Currently, my game of choice is World of Warcraft – Mists of Pandaria, which I play with my fiancée.
* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFjXJ8xPmz0 (note the SC2 desktop)

I am a martial artist.
I am an engineer.
I am making a difference.
I am a gamer.
Edited by Khalanil on 11/5/2012 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Surprised nobody's commented on this, so I'm bringing it up one last time.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
10/30/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Khalanil
Surprised nobody's commented on this, so I'm bringing it up one last time.

I think a lot of people are allergic to Facebook contests that involve liking pages in order to vote.

Good luck, Khalanil!
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 06:18 PMPosted by TheSkunk
I think a lot of people are allergic to Facebook contests that involve liking pages in order to vote.

I suppose that's understandable.

10/30/2012 06:18 PMPosted by TheSkunk
Good luck, Khalanil!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I won, by the way.
Reply Quote
Congratulations! =)
Reply Quote
MVP
Hey, congrats Khal!

As for what Skunk said, that's 100% me, :P.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]