StarCraft® II

Starcraft: Ghost - Why was it cancelled?

Why WAS it cancelled? I saw some leaked footage of the game, and saw it in what I remember to be a Warcraft 3 Manual, and I would have LOVED to play that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGoUsd-RHqU&feature=related
(Leaked footage)

I mean, this game would've been an amazing FPS to play as Nova (Yes, that's her) and anyone else in the game. I'm feeling very confident that it would have been a great selling game too.

I know now that even if it was created, that I wouldn't be able to play it unless they make it for Console/PC/Mac. (Original was for XBox and PS2.)

Who else would have liked to play this game?
Reply Quote
because the entire development team quit en masse. officially its just "on hold" indefinately, but...

the story's pretty much been told through the novels anyway. it would have been cool, but is hard to develop a game when the entire staff just quits.
Reply Quote
because the entire development team quit en masse. officially its just "on hold" indefinately, but...

the story's pretty much been told through the novels anyway. it would have been cool, but is hard to develop a game when the entire staff just quits.

Man, that gives so much sads that a sad panda would seem like a happy go lucky animal. :< This game would DEFINITELY be a great selling game, FPS or not.
Reply Quote
it was a consol game. when they were first developing it, they didnt even have plans for it to be on PC, that was thrown in a bit later.
Reply Quote
Aye, woulda played it on my PS2, but oh well.. If they won't finish it, no use crying over something that never came to.
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 03:08 PMPosted by HeroX
FPS

Frames per Second
Reply Quote
11/03/2012 03:17 PMPosted by EugeneTwo
FPS

Frames per Second

trollololol

..but seriously now.
Reply Quote
It's coming, Soon(tm)
Reply Quote
What irks me the most is that their official reasoning is quality below the usual. There's a huge-!@# video showing off most of Lord of the Clans and it looked and sounded very good(if you like point and click adventure games.) and perfect for Warcraft fans.

Ghost has very few gameplay videos(Or at least that I've seem.) but it seemed like a pretty good/okay game, it would cater more to SC fans of course but that's kinda obvious. I think it would have been a hit especially with the interesting multiplayer mode.
Reply Quote
:( got me I want, I want.
Reply Quote
They switched developers who completely revamped the game into a more HALO rip off feel. The darker build was more SC orientated. It just needed some polishing.
The new build looked like a complete rip-off of a coloring book WC/Halo type of style.

Instead of being made fun of for a project already behind and changing developers, and being close to a Duke Nuke 'Em forever which sells for 1.99 at most gaming stores, Blizzard decided to put Hold Position on the game.

ERMAHGERD! Not hold position! Only Bobs are allowed to do that! D:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]