StarCraft® II

Beta log in

Give free beta to everyone with the error. Period. That's what a legit company would do.

You're an idiot.
Reply Quote
How bad would it really be if they DID give a couple hundred REALLY disappointed people who actually downloaded the client before discovering they'd been ' trolled' BETA keys?
Reply Quote
Awww. I was so excited when I saw it on my account page too
Reply Quote
...I was so excited...now I'm just stuck here with 120 MB of a nonexistent Beta thingy. Poop, on another note, Blizzard you should give me a Beta key, please?
Reply Quote
My account even still says Upgrade available for the game clients, but still there is an error. It's such a tease.
Reply Quote
i was so excited to finally try it ....
Reply Quote
What is your character code INCHymn? I don't want to get your hopes up but someone on reddit said they might hook you up.
Reply Quote
I am so disappointed. My friend messaged me to check my battle.net account cause he got the beta and I thought finally. Sigh.... What a way to start the week.
Edited by Windz on 11/12/2012 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
and heres WHY the stuff up happened, HOTS is available now to preorder, due out on 12 March 2013 :)

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7006347461?page=1#3
Reply Quote
Horray! Nice job on Blizzard's part for the response.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:42 PMPosted by TechNo
Give free beta to everyone with the error. Period. That's what a legit company would do.

You're an idiot.
Excuse me? Care to elaborate? Any company that screws up, give it's customers something.

Look at the Sony fiasco from last year, they gave everyone free service and two games.

Look at LoL, anytime they mess things up, without even people knowing, they give out free IP boosts and other benefits on a regular basis.

Etc.

Does Corporate responsibility not exist for Blizzard? Because "I am an idiot" somehow?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 05:18 AMPosted by TKiNewbie

You're an idiot.
Excuse me? Care to elaborate? Any company that screws up, give it's customers something.

Look at the Sony fiasco from last year, they gave everyone free service and two games.

Look at LoL, anytime they mess things up, without even people knowing, they give out free IP boosts and other benefits on a regular basis.

Etc.

Does Corporate responsibility not exist for Blizzard? Because "I am an idiot" somehow?

Well I bet I know which way you voted this election with your "gimme gimme gimme" attitude... now we're stuck with another four years of this stuff, AND a hundred million people who think like you who demand something for nothing out of everyone.

How about you be happy that Blizzard lets us play on Battle.net for free without a recurring monthly charge, AND still provides free customer service?
Reply Quote

Etc.

Well I bet I know which way you voted this election with your "gimme gimme gimme" attitude... now we're stuck with another four years of this stuff, AND a hundred million people who think like you who demand something for nothing out of everyone.

How about you be happy that Blizzard lets us play on Battle.net for free without a recurring monthly charge, AND still provides free customer service?
Actually, you ignorant American... I am not even from your terrible country (there are other countries in North America, you do realize?). So you can shove that attitude right back at yourself.

Why would I be happy for the "service" that blows, takes away and hides my stats and information, constantly removes power and information from the players, and compared to any other modern day game, including INDIE games that are practically FREE... Is not up to standard (let alone a "good" service).

(LOL Provides free customer service? Blizzard literally provides NEGATIVE customer service. Negative. They close my support tickets without responding. They dont respond to e-mails I send, etc. I actually used the in-game report feature once, to report a confirmed Hacker, and they warned ME because I swore at him during the game. You call that customer service?)
Edited by TKiNewbie on 11/13/2012 5:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Cloaken
We're looking into this right now guys. Thanks for your patience.

And we have to be, don't we? After all, as usual, it's a problem at the Blizzard end. How on earth do PTR and Beta become interchangeable on Battle.net.

And you guys get paid to do this for a living?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:09 AMPosted by VIPER
Horray! Nice job on Blizzard's part for the response.

So, let me understand this.

Blizzard stuffs up. Their system - the product of enlightened minds that it surely is - deceives people into thinking they're in the Beta. Those people download 120 megs of data and then find they are not in the Beta. They get disappointed\worried\concerned, and put up a post.

And because some Blizzard employee responds with a sentence\tweet, they get congratulated?

It's like tricking a child with chocolate. And then, after they've tidied their room and emptied the trash, they open the wrapper to find that it's just an empty box. And because mum says, "Oh, you only get the box; sorry, I didn't explain it too well",she gets parent of the year.

Truly the mind boggles.
Reply Quote
And we have to be, don't we? After all, as usual, it's a problem at the Blizzard end. How on earth do PTR and Beta become interchangeable on Battle.net.

And you guys get paid to do this for a living?

I think the team that managed that got reassigned and is now working on some other big project.
Reply Quote

Yeah, that democracy stuff sucks. Would be much better with just one party. One nation. One party. One Fuhrer!

After all, the losers that vote for the other side are all motivated by precisely the same attitude, kinda like insects. No individuality or thought at all.

Long live fundy Right-Wingers.
Keeping the nation's IQ down since 1854.
Reply Quote
Personally, I believe that you would get more feedback for Heart of the Swarm if it was a public beta, at SOME point in the NEAR future? Especially for the half of the Starcraft population that already has it downloaded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]