StarCraft® II

lol

Just lost to a zerg. I killed his third with m and M and he goes and a moves all his units into my seiged tanks and wins. blizz this shouldn't happen fix zerg please.
Reply Quote
Please post a replay and I can show you what you did wrong and why Zerg is not imbalanced.
Reply Quote
LOL. You are whining again while not posting a replay. Maybe this attitude is the reason it took you 7000 games to get to masters?
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 04:20 PMPosted by TechNo
LOL. You are whining again while not posting a replay. Maybe this attitude is the reason it took you 7000 games to get to masters?
again. games do not equal skill.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Plaguuuu

I never said it did. He is obviously a good player. It does however show very clearly a person's ability to learn new things and learn from their mistakes. It is no coincidence that someone who constantly whines on the forums and takes no responsibility for his own losses takes a ridiculously long time to improve in this game.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 04:48 PMPosted by TechNo
It is no coincidence that someone who constantly whines on the forums and takes no responsibility for his own losses takes a ridiculously long time to improve in this game.

Smart man.

10/30/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Fencar
Please post a replay and I can show you what you did wrong and why Zerg is not imbalanced.

The game is pretty balanced, but from what i seen the majority of players are having trouble with Zerg late game. It cant be just a coincidence.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 05:24 PMPosted by SunnyD
The game is pretty balanced, but from what i seen the majority of players are having trouble with Zerg late game. It cant be just a coincidence.

On the contrary, Zerg is totally fine if you don't sit around for ten minutes and let them get a gazillion drones.
Remember those things called Hellions? Yeah, run those babys by. Drop. Marauder/Hellion pushes. MMH pushes. Basically do ANYTHING.

I win most of my TvZs in the mid/late game by simply keeping constant pressure on (even if it doesn't do damage).
Also, you have two choices once you get through the mid game. If you feel that your initial push did some good damage (preferably killed his third), then just power Marine-Tank and take tons of expansions. The second he kills one of your armies, another should be on it's way.
Or, you can go Sky Terran. If you do this, you need to send little packets of marines towards him any way possible. Do four or five pronged drops, AND walk them towards him. Basically, dump minerals into keeping his Doom Army of Broods busy. Meanwhile, just make tons of Starports. If he 1-as into you, trade bases with him. Bail your SCVs, kill all of his bases with your standing army and scatter starports around. Get up enough vikings to win, and voila, you've got a free win.

In short: Learn to play before you blame imbalance.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Fencar

I'm sure he did things wrong, but Zerg is imbalanced and you are very wrong to think otherwise.

If one race is easier than the other it is not balanced. In a balanced game the better player would win in SC 2 Equal skill will give the Zerg the win.

The game should not be "balanced" on the idea that if the Terran plays perfectly he can sometimes still win.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AllThingsTerran/comments/12c4s1/hack_showing_how_to_win_late_game_tvz_in_gsl_ro32/

Look at that game, it was very close and it just so happens that the Zerg player forgot about ultras in his nydus. It shouldn't take a mistake like that to give Terran the win.
Edited by BTCOMM on 10/30/2012 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 06:24 PMPosted by BTCOMM

I'm sure he did things wrong, but Zerg is imbalanced and you are very wrong to think otherwise.

If one race is easier than the other it is not balanced. In a balanced game the better player would win in SC 2 Equal skill will give the Zerg the win.

The game should not be "balanced" on the idea that if the Terran plays perfectly he can sometimes still win.

TvZ is my favorite matchup. I don't play perfectly and I have a positive W/L ratio.
Your argument is invalid, learn how to win vs a zerg.
You are very wrong.
Reply Quote
BTCOMM, you still do not provide a replay. I cannot watch the game you linked because I do not have a GomTV subscription.

10/30/2012 05:24 PMPosted by SunnyD
Part of the reason is because most Terran timings are designed to end the game or do heavy, heavy damage before the Zerg gets his critical mass of Broodlord/Infestor/Corruptor that you need to make major compositional changes to beat. This means that the Terran player has less practice in the late-game, doing lots of drops and counter attacks everywhere, while the Zerg players learned to stop dying to those timing pushes and multi-pronged attacks and managed to get to Broodlord/Infestor/Corruptor more easily. Of course, the top Terran players kill or cripple the opponent before the late-game more easily, so they have less practice actually playing the late-game, and they need to play many games before they figure out how exactly to play it and win.

This is mostly guessing and theory, but it is most definitely what happened to me after the Ghost nerf, since I couldn't just get Ghost/Tank/Viking/Marine/Medivac and engage head-on while spamming Snipe.
Edited by Fencar on 10/30/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 04:48 PMPosted by TechNo

I never said it did. He is obviously a good player. It does however show very clearly a person's ability to learn new things and learn from their mistakes. It is no coincidence that someone who constantly whines on the forums and takes no responsibility for his own losses takes a ridiculously long time to improve in this game.

cool a protoss player, why don't you learn a real race first then come back to me you're not even on my level skill wise.
Reply Quote
What's your opening? We need some info on why you lose you can't just go "I LOSE TVZ ZERG SO IMBA QQQQQQQQQQQ" Let us help you win.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Skylar
What's your opening? We need some info on why you lose you can't just go "I LOSE TVZ ZERG SO IMBA QQQQQQQQQQQ" Let us help you win.

I know why I lost my marines got fungul and I couldn't move them because of root they were protected by tanks but because they were not split I lost. Infestors need a nerf way too powerful of a unit.
Edited by jixmixfix on 10/30/2012 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

cool a protoss player, why don't you learn a real race first then come back to me you're not even on my level skill wise.

Do you ever wonder why people like Fencar got to masters after 1000 or less 1v1s played, yet it took you 7000 games to get there? Yeah I'm sure it was balance keeping you in diamond for 7 seasons :)
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 04:16 PMPosted by jixmixfix
Just lost to a zerg. I killed his third with m and M and he goes and a moves all his units into my seiged tanks and wins. blizz this shouldn't happen fix zerg please.

http://drop.sc/268963

http://sc2ranks.com/team/4389641

OP why dont u get like me???

edit:
l2p
11/11 into 3 cc
proxy 1 rax hidden into 3 cc
play abusively/deceptively
Edited by SenzaErrori on 10/30/2012 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Do you ever wonder why people like Fencar got to masters after 1000 or less 1v1s played, yet it took you 7000 games to get there? Yeah I'm sure it was balance keeping you in diamond for 7 seasons :)

You must be a terrible person with a terrible attitude to put someone down for getting into masters after an "X" amount of games. Considering half of my games are not even 1v1's and I got to diamond in the first season you're argument is invalid you do know that diamond was the top teir level for the first 7 months of the games release.
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 09:39 PMPosted by jixmixfix
You must be a terrible person with a terrible attitude to put someone down for getting into masters after an "X" amount of games.

I'm trying to make a point that your terrible attitude is what is keeping you from improving at a reasonable pace like everyone else.

Considering half of my games are not even 1v1's

I don't know why you are lying or whether you are trying to convince me or yourself here. You have about 700 team game wins, meaning about 1400 team games played, which would mean about 5600 of your total games were 1v1s. Not quite half. And lets not pretend that team games don't help your micro and mechanics as well.

you do know that diamond was the top teir level for the first 7 months of the games release.

Actually this completely validates my point about your attitude holding you back. I'd also like to note that terran was quite OP in the early sc2 days. You have yourself convinced that you lose games because of balance. Believe what you want to believe, I'm done arguing with you.
Edited by TechNo on 10/30/2012 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm trying to make a point that your terrible attitude is what is keeping you from improving at a reasonable pace like everyone else.

If I had a terrible attitude I would of quit playing a long time ago but the fact that I keep going shows otherwise.

I don't know why you are lying or whether you are trying to convince me or yourself here. You have about 700 team game wins, meaning about 1400 team games played, which would mean about 5600 of your total games were 1v1s. Not quite half. And lets not pretend that team games don't help your micro and mechanics as well.

yeah but not quite 7000 either so s.t.f.u.

Actually this completely validates my point about your attitude holding you back. I'd also like to note that terran was quite OP in the early sc2 days. You have yourself convinced that you lose games because of balance. Believe what you want to believe, I'm done arguing with you.

Ok so when I have wins Terran is OP but when I have losses it's because the game is balanced and my attitude is holding me back?. Do you not see the obvious hypocrisy in your statement? I pity your ignorance.
Edited by jixmixfix on 10/30/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

TvZ is my favorite matchup. I don't play perfectly and I have a positive W/L ratio.
Your argument is invalid, learn how to win vs a zerg.
You are very wrong.

It's kind of hard to explain but the zergs you are playing in Gold league are very bad at the game. You being in Gold league are relatively bad at the game. You most likely are a lot better than the Zergs you are playing. The reason they are in Gold league is because their race is forgiving and they can attack move ling/bane into a bigger marine army and win, which means they were out macroed but still win because splash damage is good.
Edited by BTCOMM on 10/30/2012 10:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]