StarCraft® II

lol

TvZ is my favorite matchup. I don't play perfectly and I have a positive W/L ratio.
Your argument is invalid, learn how to win vs a zerg.
You are very wrong.

It's kind of hard to explain but the zergs you are playing in Gold league are very bad at the game. You being in Gold league are relatively bad at the game. You most likely are a lot better than the Zergs you are playing. The reason they are in Gold league is because their race is forgiving and they can attack move ling/bane into a bigger marine army and win, which means they were out macroed but still win because splash damage is good.
In that low league, they will also not be splitting their Banelings. Having your Tanks sieged and holding Shift while spamming right-click will kill most, if not all of their Banelings. If by chance they do have micro and split their Banelings, just putting your Marines behind your Tanks plus the above should do it.

If they can do that and have good macro compared to yours, do drops. If they can also defend drops, get better macro and micro.

If you really don't like microing, play Mech.
Edited by Fencar on 10/30/2012 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/30/2012 08:56 PMPosted by jixmixfix
What's your opening? We need some info on why you lose you can't just go "I LOSE TVZ ZERG SO IMBA QQQQQQQQQQQ" Let us help you win.

I know why I lost my marines got fungul and I couldn't move them because of root they were protected by tanks but because they were not split I lost. Infestors need a nerf way too powerful of a unit.
The only thing I hate about infestor is chain fungal. You can lose your whole army if you're not careful.
Reply Quote
BTCOMM, you still do not provide a replay. I cannot watch the game you linked because I do not have a GomTV subscription.

The game is pretty balanced, but from what i seen the majority of players are having trouble with Zerg late game. It cant be just a coincidence.
Part of the reason is because most Terran timings are designed to end the game or do heavy, heavy damage before the Zerg gets his critical mass of Broodlord/Infestor/Corruptor that you need to make major compositional changes to beat. This means that the Terran player has less practice in the late-game, doing lots of drops and counter attacks everywhere, while the Zerg players learned to stop dying to those timing pushes and multi-pronged attacks and managed to get to Broodlord/Infestor/Corruptor more easily. Of course, the top Terran players kill or cripple the opponent before the late-game more easily, so they have less practice actually playing the late-game, and they need to play many games before they figure out how exactly to play it and win.

This is mostly guessing and theory, but it is most definitely what happened to me after the Ghost nerf, since I couldn't just get Ghost/Tank/Viking/Marine/Medivac and engage head-on while spamming Snipe.

I just don't think this is the case. It is a small possibility THAT maybe Terrans can get something done in late game but I ask you what? If Terrans micro is much harder than the other player that is just more possibilities for the Terran to screw up and lose the game and that isn't fair. Terran should be afforded a unit composition that can at the very least trade evenly with the Zerg and something needs to be done about Terran late game production, because even if we trade even with the Zerg they can remax very fast and we cannot. Also they don't have to spend tons of money on production because they only have to build 1 building for each unit and it just gets worse and worse the more Terran buildings they have to build.

Anyway, until you can play at the GM level in Korea and see for yourself how impossible late game TvZ is I don't think you will really understand Terran's woes. Or who knows maybe if you got to GM and you played GM Zergs you would see that late game TvZ is pretty much un-winnable unless the Zerg makes horrible decisions. You know like them forgetting about a lot of units they had in a nydus worm.
Reply Quote
BTCOMM, you still do not provide a replay. I cannot watch the game you linked because I do not have a GomTV subscription.

Part of the reason is because most Terran timings are designed to end the game or do heavy, heavy damage before the Zerg gets his critical mass of Broodlord/Infestor/Corruptor that you need to make major compositional changes to beat. This means that the Terran player has less practice in the late-game, doing lots of drops and counter attacks everywhere, while the Zerg players learned to stop dying to those timing pushes and multi-pronged attacks and managed to get to Broodlord/Infestor/Corruptor more easily. Of course, the top Terran players kill or cripple the opponent before the late-game more easily, so they have less practice actually playing the late-game, and they need to play many games before they figure out how exactly to play it and win.

This is mostly guessing and theory, but it is most definitely what happened to me after the Ghost nerf, since I couldn't just get Ghost/Tank/Viking/Marine/Medivac and engage head-on while spamming Snipe.

I just don't think this is the case. It is a small possibility THAT maybe Terrans can get something done in late game but I ask you what? If Terrans micro is much harder than the other player that is just more possibilities for the Terran to screw up and lose the game and that isn't fair. Terran should be afforded a unit composition that can at the very least trade evenly with the Zerg and something needs to be done about Terran late game production, because even if we trade even with the Zerg they can remax very fast and we cannot. Also they don't have to spend tons of money on production because they only have to build 1 building for each unit and it just gets worse and worse the more Terran buildings they have to build.

Anyway, until you can play at the GM level in Korea and see for yourself how impossible late game TvZ is I don't think you will really understand Terran's woes. Or who knows maybe if you got to GM and you played GM Zergs you would see that late game TvZ is pretty much un-winnable unless the Zerg makes horrible decisions. You know like them forgetting about a lot of units they had in a nydus worm.
Still no replay...

What do Korean GM's have to do with anything? Sure, people are closer in skill level in Korea and have higher skill levels overall, but how does that make anything different than Blizzard's spot-on matchmaking in mid Masters? Or Diamond?

Terran units, especially Marines and Tanks, are more cost-effective than Zerg units when used correctly up to Infestor/Broodlord, and even then Mech is still more cost-effective against Infestor/Broodlord.

See here for an example of how you play TvZ nowadays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0qhWPPFe84
Reply Quote
Did this guy just claim his Marines and... stuff, were at the Zerg's third, so the Zerg capitalized on this by killing his undefended Tanks, and that this somehow makes Zerg OP?
Just trying to clarify.
Reply Quote
Did this guy just claim his Marines and... stuff, were at the Zerg's third, so the Zerg capitalized on this by killing his undefended Tanks, and that this somehow makes Zerg OP?
Just trying to clarify.
It sure seems like that, but there have been miscommunications and misunderstandings before, so I would prefer a replay to be sure.
Reply Quote

Still no replay...

What do Korean GM's have to do with anything? Sure, people are closer in skill level in Korea and have higher skill levels overall, but how does that make anything different than Blizzard's spot-on matchmaking in mid Masters? Or Diamond?

Terran units, especially Marines and Tanks, are more cost-effective than Zerg units when used correctly up to Infestor/Broodlord, and even then Mech is still more cost-effective against Infestor/Broodlord.

See here for an example of how you play TvZ nowadays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0qhWPPFe84

great post fencar
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]