Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I'm talking about that replay in particular. I don't really know how I could have stopped the Zerg from double expanding after I sniped his third Hatchery. I've only thus far considered getting a faster third base. I'm not too concerned on me losing my third like that because I usually have supply depots acting as sandbags on my CC and a wall-in at the ramp.
Can anyone give me tips on how to pressure Zerg...?
1. ew you scout way too early. what are you even scouting for?
2. wall in? why even worry about denying scouting when it will delay your command center. also he will see it with his overlord every time anyways on cloud kingdom
3. 1 rax fe > 2 more raxes is a build for pros only in TvZ. it's not a reliable pressure build and really gives the zerg the ability to be super greedy as long as he has a bane nest and a few emergency lings to morph into banes.
4. your cc is about 33% done at this point, it's exceptionally late. reasons: u put 2 depots before orbital near your ramp as well as rax and you did it with multiple scvs. this cut your mineral income a lot, and you also scouted at a very early time. with 14 CC, you can start your CC at 2min 20seconds, and be dropping both mules at around 4:30. with how things have worked out for you, you're wont have your 2nd mule until 6 ish minutes. a normal 1 rax fe, starts the 2nd CC at 3 min 10-15 seconds
5. you have 3 idle workers as you drop your mules because you didn't rally the rax scvs to the natural
6. at 6:15 your scv passes by the drone he uses to make his third base, all he has are 2 queens and a spine with speed on the way. you weren'tw atching your scv scout, so you didn't know the 8 marines you had could force a ton of lings and maybe a cancel on the third. he makes 8 drones as the scv dies instead
7. 6:20 you start combat shields and reactor on 2nd/3rd barracks. there is not benefit to getting both of these at the same time unless you're doing some kind of a defensive timing (you want to defend with only marines after a fast 3CC or something). you want to go with 2 reactors, otherwise your heavily upgraded marine pushes will be too small and the upgrades wont matter. getting 2 reactor and the 1 techlab and getting 1 upgrade at a time is much better, combat shields isn't really considered necessary in modern tvz until 10-12 minutes. (some terrans delay it as long as possible for their 2/2 push so it finishes as they push: MKP)
8. 7 minutes, you get gas 3 and 4 at your natural. This is probably your biggiest mistake so far. zerg is sitting at 37 workers to your 28. no matter what you put this gas into, he's going to overrun your army with mineral units+upgrades. if youre doing a bio heavy play, take the third CC as reactors 2/3 are building(7:30ish). then add on more raxes. i play pure bio tvz like 90% of the games i play vs zerg (unless i literally cannot, as in they have like 40 infestors)
9. 9 min, overseer scouts you. you fend it off. dont bring your whole army to do this T.T. tvz is about decieving zerg about army size
10. you sniping the 3rd is purely this zerg being bad here, you will never kill a 3rd hatch with 25 marines at 10 min vs a decent player, this moveout here is questionable to me
11. damn that is a lot of turrets. 1 + 8 marines and a medivac is all you need unless he's really committing to muta
12. well your 2/2 is started pretty early. but youre still contained on 2 base. at this point you have lost. its' 12 min in and youre just starting your 3rd. delaying your 3rd CC didn't do much for you either because you spend those extra minerals to stockpile gas which wasn't consistent wtih your unit composition, though you are safe from most attacks, you're not being active enough out on the map with yoru units and the effect is zerg takes a 4th and will likely steam roll you with lair units if you try to push, or will just tech up to lair and count his money
your biggest problems are:
- resource management, you are getting gasses too early almost always and struggling to spend income off 2-3 bases
- not ever having units on the map to scout stuff. yoru vision was literally your base the whole game pretty much
- scouting with your scv and not really reacting to the information you're seeing
- youre using a very high level of execution build that most pros have even abandoned using because the current map pool makes it easily scoutable. when zerg scouts a bio heavy build, they just make nothing but drones, upgrades and a banes nest, wait for the OL to see your pushout, smash 4sZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and normally get ahead because its 5x harder to target banes + kite/split than it is to micro around marines for a surround and connect w/ banes
gl terran fighting
Oh. I didn't know that this was a build.... After playing like 100 games of Terran, I just do whatever feels natural. I need to refine my builds though.
Addressing the early scouting + supply depot, I mainly do that to fend off early all-ins. Although I probably should do only one of those.... Scout an all-in and I can start building my wall or make a wall and don't scout at all....
Is there something different that I could have done in order to get more siege tanks off 2 Factories? I always find myself making so many Barracks and forgetting about tanks....
And about the lots of missiles, I like to play Terran like an iron wall. Obviously this game doesn't show anything of that sort but I usually but up a couple of sensors, Supply Depot sandbag walls, Missile Turrets, Planetary Fortresses at expansions other than my main + natural....
But even though I want to adopt that style of play, I still want to at least poke through my iron wall and know how to pressure Zerg....
So my next question after reading your post is how do I get more siege tanks to get a more reliable defense and a slow and steady offensive push that I can grab an expansion off while I'm moving out?
Here is a replay. I tried to follow what you said about getting upgrades one by one and getting Reactors instead. I also got 2 Factories and I think that the extra boost in tank production saved me the game... I kind of feel like my drops did more damage than they should have so I don't really want to regard that as something that I completely mastered....
Thanks for watching my first replay though. ;D
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.