Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Some people have been having a hard time getting in contact with the people they are going to play. So post in your group page when your free to play, add the people in your group, and go to the tournament chat channel. Please do this, if you don't play any seeding games by the time that the tournament seeding play ends you will be out of the tournament.
Everyone who is in this tournament please go and add your info here if you want to play.
Seeding Play has started but you can still join if you want.
We have a channel for the Tournament, it's called "Platinum Tournament", It's the best place to get in contact with the person that you're playing.
All the seeding brackets have been combined into the main page. To find your bracket go to the bottom of the page, and you will see different tabs with different group names go through the tabs to find your group.
This is the tournament format.
1. Sign up. Just post here saying you want to play, before Midnight November 10th.
2. Seeding play, each player will play 5-10 best of 3s to determine there seed.(number of games depends on the number of people who enter the tournament). I will let you know who you will play. You must play your seed games from November 1st to November 17th. Because these games are for seeding no one will be kicked out for losing.
When you play a seeding game it works like this. If you win 2-0 you get + 3 points if you win 2-1 you get +2 points, and if you go 1-2 you get +1 iand if you lose all your games in the best of 3 you get +0 points. After you play you games please go and update your result.
The First map of seeding play is daybreak.
3. Pool play, you will be placed in a pool of 4 players. The top 2 players in the pool will advance to the winners bracket. The 3rd place player will go on to the losers bracket. 4th place player will be out of the tournament. Pool play games will also be best of 3s. The pool play will be played from November 18th to the 24th of November. There may be more then one round of pool play depending on how many people join.
4. Bracket play, The bracket play will have two brackets the winners bracket and the losers bracket. All games in bracket play will be best of 5s. If a player loses their best of five in the winners bracket they will be moved down to the losers bracket. If a player loses in the losers bracket then they are out of the tournament. In the semi finals the top 2 players from the winner bracket will play the top two players from the losers bracket in a best of 5. If the player from the losers bracket defeats the player from the winners bracket, then the player from the winners bracket will have a second chance in a best of 3. Bracket play will go on threw November 25th to the 29th, the semi finals and finals will be held on November 30th and cast on twitch.tv.
Map Pool: Only maps that currently are on ladder will be played. WCS versions of ladder maps must be used. After the first game the loser picks the map.
Rules: The players with the higher seed chooses the first map. If the seed is tied then a predetermined map will be chosen.
You may not be higher than platinum, you must have around a 1000 games played on your account and play as your main race(this is to prevent smurfs) if your main race is random you may play any race including random. If you wish to play a race that is not your main(say you switched races) you must state it before hand.
And have fun.
Also let me know if you are interested in helping out in the tournament(you don't have to be platinum to help out), or if you have any ideas on making the tournament better.
If you want to play fill out your info!!! Lot's of people have posted saying they want to play, but didn't fill out their info. I'm not going to hunt you down and force out your info. A couple people only gave partial info. If you don't give all the info needed you can't play!
Edited by JVnein on 11/8/2012 10:22 PM PST
Sure I'd love to have a masters level player help me cast.
The finals and the semi finals will be casted, but they won't happen for a couple of weeks. How ever I don't know about you , but I've never cast a live game before so I think it would be a really good idea to set up a stream and practice casting a couple of the pool play games or maybe even some of the seeding games. So when we do cast the finals all goes well.
Google docs saves every 4 min so that wouldn't be a problem, in fact some one already messed with the Google doc and i just set it back to before the retard messed up the doc.
Your group is already made it's just on the same doc where you singed up, just on a different tab. To find the tab go to the bottom of the doc and you will see different groups go through the tabs to find your group.
Thanks for the compliment. Might I ask why you believe that though? I do not believe I am nearly that good.
I can certainly wait until next month though, it'll give me more time to get that that level haha.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.