StarCraft® II

World's End IV

"It's not him I'm worried about. It's that... you say, 'trigger happy' gun wielder up there."
Edited by Thecommander on 11/7/2012 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
It wasn't the woman with the gun scaring me...it was everyone except for the other Beastmen. "Rod'nac? Everyone is scaring me? Not just her..."
Reply Quote
Now I'm confused. I turn around and knee next to her and gently put my hands on her shoulders. "What do you mean? Why are they scaring you? These are good people."
Reply Quote
"In everyone's eyes they are different...How do you know if they aren't just tricking you? They could be using me to get closer because they 'know' me even though I don't know them...and that one man just made me angered and scared with his words to me." I wanted to leave now, I wanted to be far away from the humans.
Reply Quote
"I already made plans that would keep us safe if they are lying. They have been friendly with us. I do admit that Kyle used... a poor choice of words, but don't worry about it. We'll be leaving soon, but I have my men to think about as well as these other two groups. I can't lose any of them and rushing out of here when we are being threatened is just going to cause problems, so, please, please, just relax and be patient. Okay? We need to just wait a while."
Reply Quote
Kyle shook his head. Not only did the child not belong here, but neither did the Krynar. He still didn't understand why she insisted on coming. "I do apologize, but being a Captain of a regiment, I have a difficult time being...tactful. Many families prefer it straight."
Reply Quote
OOC: I was working under the assumptions you couldn't hear Rod'nac talking, but Simirias you can. Rod'nac knows enough about discretion.

IC: "So if your parents died, someone would come up to you and just blurt it out?"
Reply Quote
Seth placed his hand on an invisible wall. "Reveal the Barrier spell where my hand is."
A faint blue energy field appeared around it. "It's fine. Nothing will happen."
Reply Quote
"You probably don't understand how humans from around my estate are. Most of the Hell Raisers are from there. They don't like sugar coating. And I'm not allowed to in letters to the city families. It's a side effect of my time leading."
Reply Quote
I walk into a tavern, ordering my self a drink up at the front. As I sat down and enjoyed something other than water for the last few days, I eavesdropped on some guards to me right.

"Hey, did you hear about those reports from earlier?"

"Ya. Seems crazy that they're moving all the way to beastman territory."

"Well, they're nothing but criminals and necromancers. I've even heard there's a temple there that has pools of blood!"

"Don't be ridiculous! Mages have gone in and out of that thing. There's nothing but a ruin there."

"You have a point. They're just lunatics, bearing their dragon logo and whatnot. Anyways....."

Lunatics with a dragon symbol. Fits a description, but not worth checking out immediately. Besides, what are the chances of them going were I just was a few days ago?
Edited by Naitsrich on 11/7/2012 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Thecommander
OOC: I thought she was further away. How did she hear us? It wasn't like we were screaming.
OOC: She's right at the edge of the forest now, on a bit of a ridge. Within earshot, in any case.

IC: "We're not terribly afraid of the royals. We don't intend to get on bad terms with them unless necessary, but if we ever did, they would never be able to find us. For reasons I'm not permitted to discuss. And I'm not "trigger happy", by the way. I would have been kicked out of my position as a sniper long ago if I was. If anything, you should be grateful that I just told you a good bit about some of our most advanced weapons. And my apologies about the youngling. I'll shut up now," Miranda says as a winged figure drops out of a bay behind the Tranquility's control car.

"And that would be Synthis."
Reply Quote
Isobelle stopped, seeing the celestial approach near the others. She might as well stay so she could just leave without a hassle. "Can I just leave now? I'm just a Scholar and I'm no threat. I even have a lame leg."

I wasn't as scared as Miranda than the other humans. But seeing the celestial was what made me scared. He wasn't a ghost, but he wasn't dead either. He was alive. I hid behind Rod'nac and didn't move.
Reply Quote
Kyle shook his head. Between the girl and the Celestial, they were all too sure of themselves. "Nothing special so far as I can tell."
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Zarkun
And I'm not allowed to in letters to the city families.

OOC: Umm, can you rephrase that?
11/07/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Naitsrich
I've even heard there's a temple there that has pools of blood!

No one knows about that.
11/07/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
OOC: She's right at the edge of the forest now, on a bit of a ridge. Within earshot, in any case.

This is the problem with vague posts and not having the same mental picture as other RP'ers. How tall is the ridge?
11/07/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
And my apologies about the youngling. I'll shut up now,"

Miranda is true neutral - lawful neutral right? I didn't expect her to say that. I thought she lacked tact.

11/07/2012 03:50 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I even have a lame leg.

IC: Roy: "And the forest has bears and wolves. It's not wise to go out there like that."

"Heh. Well, they don't pass up free meals."

Roy: I glare at the wolf lady. "You would know right."

"Shut up, human. I'm civilized."

Roy: "Could've fooled me."

"Would both of you shut up for a minute!" I bare my teeth at Roy. "I've held my tongue for your binckering because I agree that you have the right to be angry, but now isn't the time to deal with this. If you want to try and avenge your friends then do it when we meet next. For now, let's focusing on negotiating with Synthis."

Roy: "Fine!"

"Relax Lady Simirias. We'll be fine."
Edited by Thecommander on 11/7/2012 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Redge looks at Roy. "Even your emotions out. They'll be the death of you."
Edited by Zarkun on 11/7/2012 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Isobelle approached back, looking at me. Concern for the young, she was young herself...but not as young as I. Then looking up at Roy. "I guess so, but I'm not entirely defenseless." Looking back at me. "You said you're name is Rod'nac? Lion? I feel sorry for this young beautiful girl...having to get mixed up in this and being in fear. And I don't blame her for how she is acting, for I would be the same if I was in her fur."

This time I hid myself behind Rod'nac's back, keeping myself out of sight from the others except for the other beasts.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 11/7/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Thecommander
And I'm not allowed to in letters to the city families.

OOC: Umm, can you rephrase that?
I've even heard there's a temple there that has pools of blood!

No one knows about that.

This is the problem with vague posts and not having the same mental picture as other RP'ers. How tall is the ridge?
And my apologies about the youngling. I'll shut up now,"

Miranda is true neutral - lawful neutral right? I didn't expect her to say that. I thought she lacked tact.

I even have a lame leg.

IC: Roy: "And the forest has bears and wolves. It's not wise to go out there like that."

"Heh. Well, they don't pass up free meals."

Roy: I glare at the wolf lady. "You would know right."

"Shut up, human. I'm civilized."

Roy: "Could've fooled me."

"Would both of you shut up for a minute!" I bare my teeth at Roy. "I've held my tongue for your binckering because I agree that you have the right to be angry, but now isn't the time to deal with this. If you want to try and avenge your friends then do it when we meet next. For now, let's focusing on negotiating with Synthis."

Roy: "Fine!"

"Relax Lady Simirias. We'll be fine."
The ridge is small, just maybe 2-3 meters or so. She just found a bit of higher ground and climbed up onto it. And she is lacking in tact usually, but would still apologize briefly. That she actually stopped speaking is more due to the fact that there wasn't much else to say on the matter. She's not usually especially talkative, either.
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 04:44 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
sobelle approached back, looking at me.

OOC: Who is 'me'?
Redge looks at Roy. "Even your emotions out. They'll be the death of you."

IC: Roy: "Oh shut up!"
11/07/2012 04:44 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I was in her fur.

I hear Fas'na and a few of the others snicker. I smile at that. "You can say skin. We still have that."

"Here's our captor- I mean guest coming down now."
Reply Quote
Isobelle smiled and I peered from around Rod'nac. "Skin yes, fur definitely. And may I see the girl alone? I think she should talk to someone about whatever is troubling her. And I find it that maybe it's better if she talks to me, my people are known to keep their word and promises, thus keeping secrets from harm. I believe it would be better if I talked for she knows you and she isn't comfortable around these humans?"

I looked at Rod'nac, maybe this was my chance to talk to someone outside of this pointless war that was going to follow us?
Reply Quote
Redge shakes his head. "Lord be with you if you get yourself killed."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]