StarCraft® II

World's End IV

"Let's go just inside the cavern."
Reply Quote
I walk into a tavern, ordering my self a drink up at the front. As I sat down and enjoyed something other than water for the last few days, I eavesdropped on some guards to me right.

"Hey, did you hear about those reports from earlier?"

"Ya. Seems crazy that they're moving all the way to beastman territory."

"Well, they're nothing but criminals and necromancers. I've even heard there's a temple there that has pools of blood!"

"Don't be ridiculous! Mages have gone in and out of that thing. There's nothing but a ruin there."

"You have a point. They're just lunatics, bearing their dragon logo and whatnot. Anyways....."

Lunatics with a dragon symbol. Fits a description, but not worth checking out immediately. Besides, what are the chances of them going were I just was a few days ago?

OOC: is it just rumors no one will ever investigate? And based on this post, is the Temple common knowledge?
Hmm, should I make it known as a destroyed ruin? Or just something no one knows about.
Edited by Fantasy on 11/7/2012 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Thecommander
"Let's go just inside the cavern."
Who is this to? And what cavern?

Fantasy, they are in fact just rumors. I think Nait wanted to do that to kinda steer others away from it. One of the guards said that mages went in there before and they were just ruins to them...Think of it as a disguise for it.
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 11/7/2012 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 05:29 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Who is this to? And what cavern?

The entrance to the temple is basically a cave. It's too Simirias and Isobelle. He's coming to, but he won't listen if asked to. He just wants to make sure no one interferes and nothing bad happens.
11/07/2012 05:29 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
One of the guards said that mages went in there before and they were just ruins to them.

That our the mages lied for whatever reasons.
Reply Quote
///Synthis///

I land on the ground just outside of the forest, in front of the group of soldiers.

"So," I say, folding my wings, "I hear that you had needed to speak with me? My apologies about the delay, I was overseeing the progress on an airship's construction."

I nod to Miranda. "Congratulations, I see you've managed to not get anyone killed."

She answers me from the ridge. "Yep. Unlike Seith. Though having the Guardian here helped a bit, I think."
Reply Quote
Kyle shakes his head. "We came looking for the beast man. We found him. We're going to set up camp for the night, then we're leaving in the morning. We intend no harm that isn't first inflicted."
Reply Quote
I bring Isobelle and Simirias to the mouth of the cave. "I was going to stay here, but you two can talk alone. I'll see about getting us out of here." I walk back to the others, expecting Kyle to greet the newcomer first.
Reply Quote
I tilt my head. "I'm fine with you staying here for the night, we don't have any objection to that. I will need to make sure that you don't have any information from the Temple though. Knowledge can be dangerous, you know."
Reply Quote
"We didn't enter, and so we have nothing. The beast men can vouch for us."
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Zarkun
"We didn't enter, and so we have nothing. The beast men can vouch for us."
"I believe you, but I still have to make sure just as a precaution. I would just do a brief magical sweep over your mind to make sure. Regardless though, go ahead and make camp. The terms of your leaving and so on can be discussed tomorrow."
Reply Quote
Kyle shakes his head. "I'd have to set down the Hex blades, and I won't do that until I'm sure we're safe."
Reply Quote
"And how, exactly, could I convince you of your safety? I can't really do anything if you're concerned about us, but for anything else, the Tranquility will be overhead the whole time along with the patrol of Spotters."
Reply Quote
"And what makes you think we have knowledge dangerous to you personally. The library is unbelievably immense and my group was in there less than a day. We didn't even know you existed until now. What could we possibly know. I refuse to submit myself to a mind check from you. I can't speak for my warriors, but I refuse."

"What is in our minds is not your business! Leave us be and deal with the temple as you like. You will get nothing from us."

"My mind is my haven. I refuse to submit. If you scan my mind, you can take the secrets of my country. I will not allow that."

Beastman: "Basically, go to hell!"

All of my warriors nod along with our words. Several spit at the celestial and yell at him.

Roy: I walk over to Kyle. "I hate to admit it, but they have a point. What can he DO to our minds once in there?"

"Seems my warriors have spoken."

OOC: I assume that Fawwer's and KO's tosk and beastmen act similarly, but I won't state it. Not my style.
Reply Quote
We sat down, Isobelle and I. Rod'nac had already turned his back towards us as he was talking with the others. This was my chance to talk to someone who didn't care about war. But Isobelle spoke first. "I'll up the ante...you tell me your secret and what's bothering you, and I'll show you mine."

I was interested in this? My fox like thinking was curious.
Reply Quote
"Whatever he damn well pleases. I refuse as well." Redge steps up beside Kyle.

"As do I. Our minds are the one truly safe place in this world. You are a fool to think anyone will allow you to enter." Ryan shook his head and glared at the Celestial.

"You will not enter my mind at any point. What we know is far too sensitive for anyone else to know."
Reply Quote
OOC: is it just rumors no one will ever investigate? And based on this post, is the Temple common knowledge?
Hmm, should I make it known as a destroyed ruin? Or just something no one knows about.

As CR said, they're just rumors that no one will investigate since everyone who tried came up with nothing special. Still, it's a hint there's an outside force coming to the temple.
Reply Quote
Owlfeather's, it's you again.
Reply Quote
I showed the amulet to Isobelle. "This was a part of me...my mother gave it to me before she died. So far it brings back bad memories when someone talks about her, but other times I feel warmth from being around it."

"It's okay...Do you want to continue first? Or do you want me to show you a part of my secret?" Isobelle was trying to befriend me.
Reply Quote
Recap, please.
Reply Quote
Not a single day has passed and they are still at the temple.

Zarkun has arrived to the temple with scouts and met Rodnac (TC). Owlfeather has made his move to the temple.

Somehow, Naitsrich managed to get back to his house.

I think that's it.
Edited by smylez on 11/10/2012 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]