StarCraft® II

gas!

do you guys know all the different situations when your supposed to get your gas? this i do not know and i need answers to :) against all MU's.
Edited by Haunt on 11/10/2012 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
You take your gas when you have a plan for where to spend it.
Reply Quote
okay, but i just lost to a terran doing a 2 base timing push against me with pure marine and i don't even think he had stim but as soon as i saw that he was going to be playing off of 2 bases i got my third down near the 5 or 4 minute mark and when i fully saturated all 3 of my bases' he came to attack me and that was when i was just starting to make lings'. and i just got 100 gas for MB. so i think i needed an earlier gas for banes. what do you think? :D
Reply Quote
Yes. Banelings would have ended that game on the spot if you had them. Your third was a bit early too. ZvT thirds are generally a little later unless some insane metagame spawned an opener with a safe 4-5 minute third vs terran.
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 02:01 PMPosted by sTsTtzy
Yes. Banelings would have ended that game on the spot if you had them. Your third was a bit early too. ZvT thirds are generally a little later unless some insane metagame spawned an opener with a safe 4-5 minute third vs terran.

Welcome to Sc2 2012
Reply Quote
he opened CC first. but he pushed out at the 8 min mark i think with like 20 something marines. or more like 30.
Reply Quote
if you need to ask...do this.

against protoss take 2 gas at 6 minutes, and another 2 when those finish. first 100 gas lair, after that whatever u want, upgrades, ling speed, roach speed, roaches, stuff like that.

against zerg and terran, take 1 gas at 17 supply, then take your other 3 when u have optimal saturation on both mineral fields (16 drones= optimal saturation on 8 mineral patches). first 100 gas ling speed, then baneling nest. after that whatever u want...lair, banelings, upgrades, stuff like that.
Reply Quote
gas on 25 vs terran.

gas on 16-17 vs zerg

gas at 6 minutes vs protoss. But get speed then lair.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]