StarCraft® II

planetary fortress at the 3rd

has anyone else noticed this? its usually a terran going bio with lots of drop play but its really annoying cause i cant kill it except with tons of banes or hive tech if anyone else has been seeing this as well how can i take it out without risking too much?
Reply Quote
I spam infested terrans with burrowed infestors.
Reply Quote
For the most part, it's definitely not cost effective to attack it.

I recommend dropping with banes to kill the SCV's or sometimes you can get away with IT spams, but not always gaurenteed because repair is too good.

You necessarily don't even have to drop the banes, just run in with lings as meatshields and connect with banes, if the opportunity presents. This is usually possible when the Terran doesn't realize you broke his rocks early on maps like Antiga.
Edited by Adonis on 11/14/2012 1:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Roaches are great at pf 3rds... why well roaches are pretty fast plus they are remaxable/expendable plus due to high hp and burst they can kill a pf or any workers around it not to mention be immune to splash.
Reply Quote
thanks everyone for your help and i vetoed antiga terran is to op on that map, and who makes roaches in tvz?
Reply Quote
You don't make roaches if they go mech, particularly hellion-heavy mech? I've been dropping a warren in most of my TvZ games lately, as roaches can handle marines pretty well in small numbers before stim/medis come into full swing. I then drop the bane nest if I see that it'll be an MMM gayfest.
Edited by Alexander on 11/14/2012 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Alexander
You don't make roaches if they go mech, particularly hellion-heavy mech? I've been dropping a warren in most of my TvZ games lately, as roaches can handle marines pretty well in small numbers before stim/medis come into full swing. I then drop the bane nest if I see that it'll be an MMM gayfest.
usually dont make roaches when going against a meching terran and usually relay on constant ling harass to keep from pushing but if he goes too hellion heavy i end up making roaches and losing because i didn't upgrade range attack
Reply Quote
lots of people open roach ZvT

and not going roaches vs mech is suicide

and I can't imagine many maps where they would want to pf the third...their army supply has to be smaller since they can't replace as many scvs with mules. Most terrans inbase their third CC early and use it for mules anyways, so I guess the people you're playing aren't fully using the metagame, in a bad way.
Reply Quote
fungal the scvs repairing and it helps a lot. the pf isnt nearly as powerful when it loses its repairbots
Reply Quote
fungal the scvs repairing and it helps a lot. the pf isn't nearly as powerful when it loses its repairbots
but i don't want to use infestors because their bad if you rely on a unit that has energy and runs out then you lose to to that constant stream of bio and medivacs so infestors the right for me anymore, sorry mr wolf but thanks for your input.
Edited by ZCksuen on 11/16/2012 8:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
lol u cant dismiss a unit because it has energy needs. do you not build queens either?
Reply Quote
but i don't want to use infestors because their bad

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Reply Quote
who makes roaches in tvz?

I've begun trying Roaches in ZvT.
Their burst damage and range makes them decent at removing Tanks quickly so they don't get as many volleys.
The Terran also has to decide to use the Tanks to defend themselves, or focus down the Banelings to protect their Marines. If they choose to focus more on spreading Marines, Roaches are more effective against spread Marines than extra Banelings are.
They have better survivability than Zerglings/Banelings, and contribute to killing buildings in a way extra Zerglings or Banelings can't.

Though you certainly have to take care not to have too many Roaches instead of ling/bling.
You can smash Planetaries if their army isn't there, though drops are probably a better option unless you've got a rather nice lead...

but i don't want to use infestors because their bad if you rely no a unit that has energy and runs out then you lose to to that constant stream of bio and medivacs

The real problem I find is, you can't let medivacs escape, it's very bad for you.
But you don't want to waste too much energy on them either.
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 11/14/2012 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I usually morph blings and blow it up. This is probably very cost ineffective but it works ; )
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 06:39 AMPosted by ZCksuen
thanks everyone for your help and i vetoed antiga terran is to op on that map, and who makes roaches in tvz?

I do
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 10:49 AMPosted by ZCksuen
fungal the scvs repairing and it helps a lot. the pf isn't nearly as powerful when it loses its repairbots
but i don't want to use infestors because their bad if you rely no a unit that has energy and runs out then you lose to to that constant stream of bio and medivacs so infestors are not a potion for me anymore, sorry mr wolf but thanks for your input.

ok enough with the trolling here, and if you're really QQing then just drop it, it's not going to make you a better player, fungaling scvs at pfs is something you're gonna have to do.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Nightwolf
lol u cant dismiss a unit because it has energy needs. do you not build queens either?
lol ofc its just my high masters zerg friend says not to use infestors so I take his advice
Edited by ZCksuen on 11/16/2012 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah depends on your strat, but you can either attack his nat if you have an advantage or baneling the sh!t out of his PF. This is really the only way to kill a planetary if you're going muta/ling/bling. Otherwise I think IT's with fungal can do it all right with infestors.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Midday
but i don't want to use infestors because their bad if you rely no a unit that has energy and runs out then you lose to to that constant stream of bio and medivacs so infestors are not a potion for me anymore, sorry mr wolf but thanks for your input.

ok enough with the trolling here, and if you're really QQing then just drop it, it's not going to make you a better player, fungaling scvs at pfs is something you're gonna have to do.
:O less QQ moer pew pew!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]