StarCraft® II

Collectors Edition Ultralisk, Really???

So the collectors edition skin is going to be the Ultralisk? Why? The least use Zerg unit in WoL and from the way HoTS beta forum posts are going, the least used Zerg unit in HoTS? Couldn't it have been the Viper? The Thor was a new unit, why not give a skin to one of the new units. Queen, Roach, Overseer, Broodlord, Corruptor, Infestor...?
Reply Quote
I think that they are doing massive units that are ground based and are supposed to be the backbone of the army or at least be in it.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Rtsprog
I think that they are doing massive units that are ground based and are supposed to be the backbone of the army or at least be in it.

But the Ultralisk is the appendix of the Zerg army, LOL.
Reply Quote
Ultralisks are great in TvZ... ZvP is the only matchup where they're not viable, kind of like how the thor isn't viable in TvP but is in TvZ and TvT. Seems like the most perfect analogue to the CE Thor that there is.
Reply Quote
Shut up, i like my even more badass looking ultralisk. Besides:

11/14/2012 05:36 AMPosted by HeReTiC
You don't have to worry about ultralisks being nonviable in silver.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Munqaxus
But the Ultralisk is the appendix of the Zerg army, LOL.

I am going to repost but bold the key words

Reply Quote
Ultralisks are already good units. Watch a terran make a perfect viking/raven/marine/medivac/tank composition to finally dispatch an infestor/broodlord army... then zerg SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUs and rolls over the terran with 20 ultras. Symbol also made good use of them in ZvP alongside infestors and banelings. Ultras crush FFs, fungal holds things still, banelings kill everything.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Munqaxus
So the collectors edition skin is going to be the Ultralisk? Why? The least use Zerg unit in WoL and from the way HoTS beta forum posts are going, the least used Zerg unit in HoTS? Couldn't it have been the Viper? The Thor was a new unit, why not give a skin to one of the new units. Queen, Roach, Overseer, Broodlord, Corruptor, Infestor...?

The Thor was the WoL special skin. The Ultralisk is the HotS one.

Has the pattern become apparent?
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:44 AMPosted by dainbramage
Ultralisks are already good units. Watch a terran make a perfect viking/raven/marine/medivac/tank composition to finally dispatch an infestor/broodlord army... then zerg SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUs and rolls over the terran with 20 ultras.

Ultralisks are good against that specific combination if there is a low tank count, which is why terrans will still be making marauders for the follow-up tech switch, or just go mech where every unit except the hellion beats ultralisks per supply.

11/14/2012 05:44 AMPosted by dainbramage
Symbol also made good use of them in ZvP alongside infestors and banelings. Ultras crush FFs, fungal holds things still, banelings kill everything.

Care to post those games? I've never seen ultralisks do well in high-level ZvP. The problem is that there are very few units which actually do lose to ultralisks per cost or per supply. Immortals crush them, as do colossi, chargelots, archons, etc. I think the only units that actually do lose to them are high templar (unmerged) and mass sentry.

I could point to the jjakji vs puzzle GSL matches to say "the thor kills everything TvP!", but realistically most of the time the thor is going to lose to just about anything the toss throws at it.
Edited by Snow on 11/14/2012 5:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Polychrome
The real question is which unit is next. Colossi or Archons? I would prefer them to do something cool with Archons, but Colossi are probably easier to edit their look.

Either are possible, could also be the carrier or the mothership.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Polychrome
The real question is which unit is next. Colossi or Archons? I would prefer them to do something cool with Archons, but Colossi are probably easier to edit their look.

The Developers have already committed that they are going to give a new skin to the Probes.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Snow
Either are possible, could also be the carrier or the mothership.

Carrier skin would be badass. Just saying ^.^
Reply Quote
Ultralisks are badass in FMVs.
Reply Quote
I like ultralisks.
Reply Quote
Scourge are badass too.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Snow
Ultralisks are good against that specific combination if there is a low tank count, which is why terrans will still be making marauders for the follow-up tech switch, or just go mech where every unit except the hellion beats ultralisks per supply.

Tanks dont beat ultras per supply
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Munqaxus
The least use Zerg unit in WoL

Do you even know what a Hydralisk is?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]