Welcoming Spyrian!

Welcome to the sc2 forum. Could be a great place but also a horrible place to talk about the wonderful game that is sc2. Hopefully you will respond to some threads and give some input about what you think or what blizzard thinks. Once again, welcome sir.
Reply Quote
Welcome :D
Reply Quote
Your first mission, if you choose to accept it, it to do something about the massive amount of INFESTORS OP threads going on recently. Past 3 days, front page has been filled with them. Its a forum trend, happens occasionally. You may not know it, but I have been tagging said infestor threads with a simple phrase...
Another Infestor Thread...

Lick

Search up that phrase, sort by date, and viola, Infestors OP threads at your fingertips.

You arent the only one.
And for that matter, hi
Edited by TheHourglass on 11/10/2012 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is a great place for me to ask the blues what they think about the Anatomy of Starcraft series, since they are all present!

Also welcome fellow nerd baller
Reply Quote
LOL WELCOME TO THE TEAM SPYRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
I hope you innovate SC2 Spyrian! Welcome to the team~!
Reply Quote
Will you be nerfing infestors?
Reply Quote
"Camlost" is a name taken by a great hero of men. The most renowned, and only man to come back from the halls of Mandos. Who is this man, what does the name 'Camlost' mean, and why did he take it upon himself?

Do I get to answer this, or do I have to wait for Spyrian to do it? Anyways, here goes: (skip this post if you wanted to come up with the answer on your own; that being said, I'm sure that they will look anyways)

Camlost was a name that Beren son of Barahir took after he returned without a Silmaril to Thingol. He took the name because it meant, literally, "the empty-handed", symbolizing his failure. In reality, he had claimed a Silmaril, but then lost it, as well as the entire hand, right down the gullet of the deadliest wolf ever known before he could return. (and no, I did not need the Internet to know this much)
The fact that I did not need to refer to the magical Google button to answer this, or even a copy of the Silmarillion, might seem bizarre. I have made no fewer than eight maps based on the details of the Lord of the Rings books, however, including one around the story of the Silmarils, so it comes easily to me.
Edited by Palamani on 11/10/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Palamani
"Camlost" is a name taken by a great hero of men. The most renowned, and only man to come back from the halls of Mandos. Who is this man, what does the name 'Camlost' mean, and why did he take it upon himself?

Do I get to answer this, or do I have to wait for Spyrian to do it? Anyways, here goes: (skip this post if you wanted to come up with the answer on your own; that being said, I'm sure that they will look anyways)

Camlost was a name that Beren son of Barahir took after he returned without a Silmaril to Thingol. He took the name because it meant, literally, "the empty-handed", symbolizing his failure. In reality, he had claimed a Silmaril, but then lost it, as well as the entire hand, right down the gullet of the deadliest wolf ever known before he could return. (and no, I did not need the Internet to know this much)
The fact that I did not need to refer to the magical Google button to answer this, or even a copy of the Silmarillion, might seem bizarre. I have made no fewer than eight maps based on the details of the Lord of the Rings books, however, including one around the story of the Silmarils, so it comes easily to me.

I was under the impression that Camlost was to signify that he lost his hand in the mouth of Huan (was it Huan?) but still held the Silmaril even then.
Reply Quote
Welcome! Please don't be like the blues who post once and are never heard from again. I couldn't blame you if you did... I hear there is a monster 'round these parts who likes to eat 'blue' things...
Reply Quote
I was under the impression that Camlost was to signify that he lost his hand in the mouth of Huan (was it Huan?) but still held the Silmaril even then.

Good try, but that title was Erchamion, the One-Handed (but yes, that hand was still holding the Silmaril). Also, Huan was not the wolf that bit his hand off.
Reply Quote
How is that relevant?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Welcome, Spyrian!
Reply Quote
Hi Spyrian! Welcome! Cool avatar!

p.s. some1 tell Lylirra to jump over here and welcome Spyrian!
Reply Quote
Hey Spyrian!

Welcome to the party. Glad to have you here :D!
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Welcome!
Reply Quote
Welcome.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Welcome! Glad to have you with us. :)
Reply Quote
Welcome to the boards, Rygarius, Benzon, Avarius, Grimiku, Vaeflare, Crithto, and Spyrian!

welcome aboard, all! :)
Edited by Oboeman on 11/12/2012 8:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Benzenn
Welcome! Glad to have you with us. :)
Is that a Lorax? o.o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]