StarCraft® II

Picking up morphing archons?

When playing Starcraft 2, I particularly playing a harassment oriented style. I like doing drops, playing with pheonix/mutalisks, that kind of thing. One of the most popluar forms of harass I've seen is storm drops. A nice follow up to this is sometimes is morphing the depleted HT's into an archon... But a warp prism can't pick the archon until it has finished morphing. I think an interesting mechanic could be added to the game if archons could be picked up while they are still morphing. I understand that this may be a difficult task on the end of coders, but I just want to try to raise awareness of the subject. Anyone else have any opinions on this topic?
Reply Quote
What's wrong with picking up the templar? 2 templar take up the same space as an archon.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:15 PMPosted by FinnTheHuman
What's wrong with picking up the templar? 2 templar take up the same space as an archon.
And then morph them later if you still want the archon out of them.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:13 PMPosted by sTsCaptio
But a warp prism can't pick the archon until it has finished morphing

That's because it's the production for an archon. Think of it as a marine coming out of the barracks. You can't do anything with him until he comes out. Now apply that to an archon morphing smack dab in the middle of the map.
Reply Quote
But you can push a morphing archon around the map.

The more you know.
Reply Quote
Thought they were massive?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 12:44 AMPosted by PotatoLiSK
That's because it's the production for an archon. Think of it as a marine coming out of the barracks. You can't do anything with him until he comes out. Now apply that to an archon morphing smack dab in the middle of the map.

Also like a Baneling or Hellbat Morphing.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:04 AMPosted by MannerCat

They are massive, but they only cost four supply. The same as the supply cost of the two Templar to create the Archon.
Edited by VIPER on 11/13/2012 3:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

they are. you can pickup massive units. I'm sure thee's been thor drops before.
Reply Quote

Actually, it's better to think of it as if Zerg could pick up their larva/eggs. Now wouldn't that be OP.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:30 AMPosted by VuoiDyS
Actually, it's better to think of it as if Zerg could pick up their larva/eggs. Now wouldn't that be OP.

Imagine the PRE- Bane rain.
Reply Quote

So you don't even read the post and just decide to comment anyways? Smart one here.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:38 AMPosted by VIPER

Imagine the PRE- Bane rain.

lol
Reply Quote
that be like picking up morphing corrupters, flying them to your opponents base, and dropping them off as broodlords lol
Reply Quote
it would remove alot of the risk of a strategy that is extremely high risk high reward, remember that blizzard wants to balance the game, not make it so every player can do everything they wish they could do.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 04:58 AMPosted by Chris
it would remove alot of the risk of a strategy that is extremely high risk high reward, remember that blizzard wants to balance the game, not make it so every player can do everything they wish they could do.

Perfect wording. "alot" is not a word btw. It's "a lot".
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:32 AMPosted by VuoiDyS
Perfect wording. "alot" is not a word btw. It's "a lot".

and you shouldnt use contractions if u really wanna be perfect. and quotation marks go around periods not before. oh ya. amd 2 words with no verb a sentence do not make. and after a period u should capitalize your words. oh and lets not forget that btw isnt a word either. well, thats alot of changes for you to make.
Edited by Chris on 11/14/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

That makes a lot of sense. I never really thought of it that way. I just thought it would be an interesting micro trick if you could, but you bring up a very valid point.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 02:43 PMPosted by sTsCaptio

That makes a lot of sense. I never really thought of it that way. I just thought it would be an interesting micro trick if you could, but you bring up a very valid point.

I try to help when someone legitimately needs it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]