StarCraft® II

Pre-order Beta Key?

It says on TL that if you pre-order the game from Amazon that you get a beta key within 4 business days. Do you also get a beta key if you pre-order from Battle.net, or is it exclusively TL?

Source: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=381771

"Pre-order Heart of the Swarm through the TL Store / Amazon.com for $40 to help support teamliquid! You will also receive a beta key within four days."
Reply Quote
We need a blue to post on this right away and lets know if this is a fact or fake
Reply Quote
Blizzard will NOT give you beta access if you pre-order it from Battlenet. (surprise surprise).

Amazon very may well. Which is kind of brutal to see another third-party company be able to give away beta invites, but Blizzard themselves not backing their own product.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Serial
We need a blue to post on this right away and lets know if this is a fact or fake

Can't imagine it's fake. They did the same thing with WoL once they had a release date scheduled.
Reply Quote
Can't imagine it's fake. They did the same thing with WoL once they had a release date scheduled.
Didnt now that part that makes me alot more likely to perorder alot sooner
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Serial
Didnt now that part that makes me alot more likely to perorder alot sooner

I just did. Tired of borrowing my roommate's account everytime he leaves the house to play his HotS beta.
Reply Quote
I will pre-order it in a heart beat if this is true. You are pre-ordering the game, then going right on to playing it.
Reply Quote
I just did. Tired of borrowing my roommate's account everytime he leaves the house to play his HotS beta.

Did you pre-order from Battle.net or Amazon?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/13/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Robicar
It says on TL that if you pre-order the game from Amazon that you get a beta key within 4 business days. Do you also get a beta key if you pre-order from Battle.net, or is it exclusively TL?

There is no official information on this. Don't trust it until we can give you a concrete answer.
Reply Quote
There is no official information on this. Don't trust it until we can give you a concrete answer.

Thanks for the response.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Robicar
Did you pre-order from Battle.net or Amazon?

Amazon. They say it takes 1-4 days to deliver the beta key to you in a subsequent email.

Amazon actually has a pretty good cancellation policy on pre-orders - if you wait 4 days after pre-ordering, and still haven't gotten the key, you can always just cancel the pre-order and get your money back.
Reply Quote
Anyone know if gamestop will be giving out beta keys like they did with WoL pre-orders?

I'd buy off amazon, but I don't wanna wait for the game to arrive when it's released...
Reply Quote
Anyone know if gamestop will be giving out beta keys like they did with WoL pre-orders?

I'd buy off amazon, but I don't wanna wait for the game to arrive when it's released...

Haven't heard anything from them about it yet - I'd guess eventually they will be giving beta as a pre-order bonus, as they did with WoL, but they had the WoL beta as a pre-order bonus the same day blizz announced the release date.
Reply Quote
Um, I dont see a pre-order for the Deluxe Edition :/

I mean, I can from Blizz, but they're not the ones "maybe" giving away a key. I'd like to pre-order Deluxe and get it over with :/
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Snow
Haven't heard anything from them about it yet - I'd guess eventually they will be giving beta as a pre-order bonus, as they did with WoL, but they had the WoL beta as a pre-order bonus the same day blizz announced the release date.

This. I hope they will announce it later this week. Holidays are coming up and I really hope to be playing this during my time off.
Reply Quote

I mean, I can from Blizz, but they're not the ones "maybe" giving away a key. I'd like to pre-order Deluxe and get it over with :/

From what I can see, you could pre-order from Amazon, then upgrade it to Deluxe for $20 after you get it.
Reply Quote

Collector's edition?

http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Heart-Collectors-PC-Mac/dp/B0050SZ1JW/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1352834027&sr=1-3&keywords=heart+of+the+swarm+collector%27s+edition

Doesn't say anything about the beta access for this one, though.
Reply Quote
The only downside to this I guess is you won't be able to download the game at midnight when its released. I suppose that's no big deal. What if you get a beta key from Amazon and then cancel your preorder?

I just preordered from them anyway. Tired of waiting on Blizz to give me a key.
Reply Quote
The only downside to this I guess is you won't be able to download the game at midnight when its released. I suppose that's no big deal. What if you get a beta key from Amazon and then cancel your preorder?

I just preordered from them anyway. Tired of waiting on Blizz to give me a key.

Not gonna lie, I've considered trying to cancel after receiving the beta key, and then pre-ordering at gamestop so I can go to the midnight release.
Reply Quote
Not gonna lie, I've considered trying to cancel after receiving the beta key, and then pre-ordering at gamestop so I can go to the midnight release.

If its true you get a key, post about it and I will do this as well :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]