StarCraft® II

Pre-order Beta Key?

11/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Robicar
Not gonna lie, I've considered trying to cancel after receiving the beta key, and then pre-ordering at gamestop so I can go to the midnight release.

If its true you get a key, post about it and I will do this as well :D

Will do.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Snow
Collector's edition?
Nah, the Collector's and Deluxe are different. I don't want to pay extra for things I don't want.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/13/2012 11:40 AMPosted by RuneK
Nah, the Collector's and Deluxe are different. I don't want to pay extra for things I don't want.

Same. Never been big on Collector's editions when it comes to video games. Just movies, because I love commentaries etc.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Snow

If its true you get a key, post about it and I will do this as well :D

Will do.

I assume beta keys can't be turned off once you get them.. I assume we could cancel anytime between now and March.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Doncroft

Same. Never been big on Collector's editions when it comes to video games. Just movies, because I love commentaries etc.
I am here and there on Collector's editions but I only get them for games. I wanted Skyrim CE. MFin' DRAGON!
I wouldn't be averse to HotS CE, but I don't need to spend that extra money.
Reply Quote
I went ahead and pre-ordered off Amazon... we will see if I have a Beta key by Saturday.
Reply Quote
Just bought from Battle.net thinking I would get it as well and... Surprise!!!!

:-(
Reply Quote

Not sure why you would think that...
Reply Quote
I hope it doesn't take 4 days to send it, but I assume it will...
Reply Quote

Not sure why you would think that...

well, if they have given Amazon enough beta keys to keep up with all the preorders, then its likely that they would give it as well, since it would show they arent interested in it being a closed beta. Otherwise they would have to give them a beta key generator program, which could be found and copied by hackers, and would be an all around terrible idea.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Doncroft

I'm an artist, so I absolutely love books full of concept art and stuff.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/13/2012 02:11 PMPosted by FeIdspar

You're an artist? That's awesome! My mother's an artist. Do you have an online portfolio?
Reply Quote

You're an artist? That's awesome! My mother's an artist. Do you have an online portfolio?

As a quazi-sculptor (I do it for fun), I think a concept art book would help me greatly if I ever decide to make any zerg work (or other races if it's more than just zerg in the book). I also would love to see how they came up with the different models for the units.
Reply Quote
Anyone interested in beta, but not buying from amazon: Pre-order with Amazon, in 4 days (whether or not you get beta key) cancel your pre-order and get money back, and keep your beta key (if you get one).
Reply Quote
My brother had his pre-order in with amazon for a few months and got his beta email today!!!
Reply Quote
Wings of Liberty's artbook had a section for each race, and then one for landscapes. I doubt this one will be Zerg-exclusive, especially with the new units in each race.
Reply Quote
BEta from Amazon just substantiated by Blizz Cust services.... refunded my direct digital purchase, confirming the Amazon *BOX* copy DOES include Beta access.."This is the latest response from Customer Support: Greetings XXXXX, It appears that the *box* copy that Amazon is stelling will grant access to the Beta. Customer Support has not been told how much Amazon has invested to provide such a promotion.

I presume that Beta access is offered due to the fact that they cannot offer a digital copy of our game and must ship a retail box version to you; but that is only my personal assumption However, per your, a refund has been requested for order #XXXXXXXX in the amount of $39.99 USD. Your refund will be completed within 5-10 business days depending on the ability of your financial institution to process the transaction, and it will take the form of a credit issued directly to the payment method billed.

While we are happy to provide this refund for you, please note that the Game Key associated with this digital download will no longer be valid and immediate access will not be available until you add the game key from the box version shipped to you by Amazon. If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak with someone directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs."

So they would rather we get it from Amazon, who must get a cut, and make Blizz print a box/disk/booklet FOR THE SAME PRICE than just allocate Beta access directly?interesting......
Reply Quote
does this mean that if i did preorder off of battle.net that i will not receive the beta key? i will not be happy if this is the case. i figured going to the source was the best option, i do not want to be wrong.
Reply Quote
DEFINITELY TRUE... no beta from blizz direct (as yet) I DID buy it, and queried helpdesk and the reply is posted above... they refunded me as they don't give beta with prepurchase... expect the massess from Amazons deal to hit HOTS in 4 days with me :)
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:02 AMPosted by PhantomNVD
as yet
This is the important part though, if it comes out in a few days i will get over it. However if it does not, steps will have to be taken....... Blizzard please don't screw me over here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]