StarCraft® II

Pre-order Beta Key?

i bought off amazon a min ago, it says 4 business days to receive beta key. does anyone know if they email u the keys quite early? like after 1 day perhaps?
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Jeroam
i bought off amazon a min ago, it says 4 business days to receive beta key. does anyone know if they email u the keys quite early? like after 1 day perhaps?

Amazon is normally very good at getting things to their customers I've had things that have said 7 days to ship and received it in 3. So it's hard to say since it says "with in 4 business days" it's more then possible you could receive it early :)
Reply Quote
eb games australia are giving away are beta key for a preorder
Reply Quote
I ordered on Amazon and havent gotten any word on a beta key. Is it a seperate email or what? I only recieved a confirmation email.
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Jeroam

11/14/2012 06:54 AMPosted by ThirdSpider
I ordered on Amazon and havent gotten any word on a beta key. Is it a seperate email or what? I only recieved a confirmation email.

It's a separate email. To my knowledge, no one has received their keys from amazon yet, but I've never been screwed over by amazon before so I'd guess sometime in the next 3 days you'll get it.
Reply Quote
Surprise surprise that blizzard would screw over customers for a bit of profit. I'm not at all happy with this as someone who ordered from battle.net as soon as it was announced.
Reply Quote
if this deal is true then i'm about to pre order it from amazon. can somebody confirm that they do infact send u a beta key?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I'm as happy about this as anyone. My cousin pre-ordered from Amazon yesterday, and his beta key should be here by Saturday.

What I don't understand is I thought Beta "keys" were no longer something that could be e-mailed. The account simply became unlocked.
Reply Quote
I ordered on the mobile version of Amazon which didn't display the beta key info but I see it now.

"Beta Access for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Pre-order Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and get beta access. We will email your code within 4 business days after you place your pre-order for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Standard or Collector’s Edition. Offers are valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."
Edited by ThirdSpider on 11/14/2012 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
If anyone gets a key from this, be sure to join the forum clan: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7004342342?page=1 !

11/14/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Doncroft
What I don't understand is I thought Beta "keys" were no longer something that could be e-mailed. The account simply became unlocked.

They use both methods; thats the way it was for Wings of Liberty beta as well.

Typically they only do it this way if there no convenient\automatic means of accurately getting a persons Battle.net email address. They tried doing it the without keys for some contests and it caused some issues.

As for what sites are offering Beta Keys, they should state clearly on the webpage if they do, like Amazon does. You will not get a key by pre-ordering from Blizzards site as of yet.
Edited by TheSkunk on 11/14/2012 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
There's been some talk of getting one when you preorder at Gamestop too. I can definitively say that I preordered the HotS CE and received no beta key on my receipt. Maybe I needed to pay in full...
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
11/14/2012 09:15 AMPosted by PhantomSamRI
There's been some talk of getting one when you preorder at Gamestop too. I can definitively say that I preordered the HotS CE and received no beta key on my receipt. Maybe I needed to pay in full...

Hmm, I definitely saw a picture with a beta key on receipt and plenty of stories of this being true. Try asking the cashier about the details?

You might have to pay in full (most likely), you might have to buy standard edition, it might be some stores only, it might only last a certain period of time, it might only go out to some people and not all - there are a lot of possibilities.
Reply Quote
Hmm, I definitely saw a picture with a beta key on receipt and plenty of stories of this being true. Try asking the cashier about the details?

You might have to pay in full (most likely), you might have to buy standard edition, it might be some stores only, it might only last a certain period of time, it might only go out to some people and not all - there are a lot of possibilities.

I called prior to actually going there to buy it and the rep checked in a few different place about it but couldn't confirm anything. I'm going to get in touch with their home office for more details. Update to follow.
Edited by PhantomSamRI on 11/14/2012 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Yeah; I was just going to mention that they have a web form: http://as00.estara.com/OneCC/200106299243/mailform.html for contacting them with in-store issues, and one of the things they have listed is "I didn't receive a beta key\promotional item" -- so you can always try contacting them that way as well.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 09:29 AMPosted by TheSkunk

If what other people say is true it seems unlikely I'd have to pay in full. Most people who say that they only had to pay the $5 down. we'll see though...
Reply Quote
Ok. Im off the phone with Gamestop. They looked and said they aren't running anything currently and that the Beta's need to be done through the manufacturer. However any bonuses do go into effect retroactively. Might have to cancel it tomorrow and buy through Amazon.... Beta Key here I come!
Edited by PhantomSamRI on 11/14/2012 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
Amazon says they will start handing out keys "starting Nov. 20th" and it will take 1-2 business days. So everyone expecting a key before the 20th might be unhappy.

Exact Quote: Pre-order Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and get beta access. Beta Access codes will be sent starting on Tuesday, November 20, 2012. We will email your code within 2 business days after you place your pre-order for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Standard or Collector’s Edition. Offers are valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
Edited by Noki on 11/14/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
PhantomSamRI, as best as I can tell they are doing it on a store-by-store basis, so it basically just depends if your store is involved or not.

As best as I can tell, it is very poorly documented so probably the places they usually check to see if they are running a contest don't have it. Needless to say, I do believe that some stores have been giving people keys, but that the person you talked too didn't lie.
Reply Quote
I'm just waiting until March. Already ordered though. :D
Reply Quote
PhantomSamRI, as best as I can tell they are doing it on a store-by-store basis, so it basically just depends if your store is involved or not.

As best as I can tell, it is very poorly documented so probably the places they usually check to see if they are running a contest don't have it. Needless to say, I do believe that some stores have been giving people keys, but that the person you talked too didn't lie.

Thanks for the help TheSkunk. It definitely seems poorly documented as not even the home office knew what was taking place. Tomorrow's pay day for me so I think I'm going to order it via Amazon and then wait for the Beta after Nov. 20th.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]