StarCraft® II

Pre-order Beta Key?

A thought occurs! I wonder if the reason that some people got keys at the time of purchase and some didn't has to do with whether or not they can email you the key later. It seems strange that it would be an offer only running in certain places. Can anyone who did get the key from Gamestop let us know?
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Serial
Can't imagine it's fake. They did the same thing with WoL once they had a release date scheduled.
Didnt now that part that makes me alot more likely to perorder alot sooner

they gave out beta keys for the WoW expansion if you preordered
Reply Quote
Anyone know if gamestop will be giving out beta keys like they did with WoL pre-orders?

I'd buy off amazon, but I don't wanna wait for the game to arrive when it's released...

They guarantee release day delivery. Every game I've ordered from them has been sitting at my door when I get home from work that day.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 05:37 AMPosted by PhantomSamRI
Can anyone who did get the key from Gamestop let us know?

I went to Gamestop last night, and the guy told me there was no beta key giveaways.

I asked him if there might be at some "participating locations" and that I had read online that many people claim to have gotten keys on their receipts. And he said it was impossible, because all stores are linked to the headquarters server in Texas, and if it is at one store, it is at all the stores.

So either the people who claim to have gotten keys from Gamestop are lying, trolling, or got really really lucky from an employee that broke some kind of rule.
Reply Quote
11/15/2012 07:45 AMPosted by TKiNewbie
Can anyone who did get the key from Gamestop let us know?

I went to Gamestop last night, and the guy told me there was no beta key giveaways.

I asked him if there might be at some "participating locations" and that I had read online that many people claim to have gotten keys on their receipts. And he said it was impossible, because all stores are linked to the headquarters server in Texas, and if it is at one store, it is at all the stores.

So either the people who claim to have gotten keys from Gamestop are lying, trolling, or got really really lucky from an employee that broke some kind of rule.

The employees have no idea, just spend the $5 on the standard and it is printed on the receipt.
Reply Quote
I went to Gamestop and asked about a starcraft 2 beta key. They looked into in and had no idea and offered to let me preorder it and see if it popped up on the receipt. If it wasn't on there they would give me a refund and I could order from amazon. When I preordered it it popped up on the receipt. For some reason the employees have no clue about what promotions they have going on. They also aren't advertising it online like Amazon is which I find odd. I just got done activating my code and can play just fine so if you want the midnight release and the beta get it from gamestop.
Reply Quote
hey guys. So its december 7. I just pre ordered off of amazon.com. Less than five minutes later got a key. In my email. Now, i tried to go through amazon.ca, but didnt work. So i cancelled and googled amazong heart of the swarm beta key. The top link took me to a page that does indeed mention the beta access. So that is the one i ordered.

Now im wondering, as the beta installs. What would happen if i cancelled the order>? would i lose beta access? would the be all mad and stuff?? As i want to do midnight release in march. Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
Bah, Im not worried about the beta. :) I just want the game, because the beta is just a test lmfao everything is gonna be unbalanced as !@#$. I believe by the time the game comes it, things will be much more balanced.
Reply Quote
Blizzard will NOT give you beta access if you pre-order it from Battlenet. (surprise surprise).

Amazon very may well. Which is kind of brutal to see another third-party company be able to give away beta invites, but Blizzard themselves not backing their own product.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]