StarCraft® II

Storyline Predictions

So my assumption in its most truncated form: In HotS Kerrigan is going to regain control of the swarm and kill mengks; Valerian takes control of the Dominion, and then in LoV: Protoss, Terran and Zerg fight side by side by side against the Hybrid's. Gg. happy ending.
Reply Quote
Probably. Or some random event that makes no sense will become the ending :P
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Tuna
So my assumption in its most truncated form: In HotS Kerrigan is going to regain control of the swarm and kill mengks; Valerian takes control of the Dominion, and then in LoV: Protoss, Terran and Zerg fight side by side by side against the Hybrid's. Gg. happy ending.

Not from what I saw in the Blizzcon 2011 trailer. It seems they just reverted Kerrigan right back to the Queen of Blades, deciding to take the shortcut.
Reply Quote
For Kerrigan to go back to being the QoB would be IMO to wreck the whole SC storyline. SC: you meet Kerrigan, see how noble and heroic she is, and see her left for dead firsthand. Then Ep2 you continue Kerrigan's journey, with ep 3 undoing the damage she helped create. Ep 4 is essentially more of the same, ep 5 more or less a detour, and ep6, the QoB owning everyone.

WoL you finally free her, so you have to move forward with the story. To revert her to the QoB would be just to regress.
Reply Quote
For Kerrigan to go back to being the QoB would be IMO to wreck the whole SC storyline. SC: you meet Kerrigan, see how noble and heroic she is, and see her left for dead firsthand. Then Ep2 you continue Kerrigan's journey, with ep 3 undoing the damage she helped create. Ep 4 is essentially more of the same, ep 5 more or less a detour, and ep6, the QoB owning everyone.

WoL you finally free her, so you have to move forward with the story. To revert her to the QoB would be just to regress.

True, but at the same time, I'm just deeply concerned Blizzard will use the mentality of "There's no SC fan alive today who remembers Kerrigan was once good, so let's just take the shortcut and keep her exactly the same as the Queen of Blades instead of wasting effort to give her a personality that no one can even see possible."

I really hope that's not their mentality...
Reply Quote
I don't think she every was "freed", she just changed. Terran Protoss and Zerg may all fight the hybrids, but they most certainly will not team up to do it. I think the Protoss will have to get back into the game, it seemed like it was just terran and zerg at war and the only thing Protoss had to do with it was protect the artifacts, I think they may come in because of the artifact, i mean come on, the protoss and zerg are mortal enemies, the protoss would have used the artifact a long time ago unless there was serious something wrong with it or it does not do what the terran think it does.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Starzilla
I don't think she every was "freed", she just changed. Terran Protoss and Zerg may all fight the hybrids, but they most certainly will not team up to do it. I think the Protoss will have to get back into the game, it seemed like it was just terran and zerg at war and the only thing Protoss had to do with it was protect the artifacts, I think they may come in because of the artifact, i mean come on, the protoss and zerg are mortal enemies, the protoss would have used the artifact a long time ago unless there was serious something wrong with it or it does not do what the terran think it does.

Well it was hinted in WoL that the artifact could kill Protoss as well, that would explain why they couldn't use it.
Reply Quote
I actually recall hearing somewhere that the story line will start out with Kerrigan regaining control of the Swarm. After that she'll kill Mengsk, and then move on to Zerus and find a Metamorph to make the Swarm perfect. Unfortunately I don't remember where i heard this from. If anyone can find a link to that it'd be appreciated.
Reply Quote
True, but at the same time, I'm just deeply concerned Blizzard will use the mentality of "There's no SC fan alive today who remembers Kerrigan was once good, so let's just take the shortcut and keep her exactly the same as the Queen of Blades instead of wasting effort to give her a personality that no one can even see possible."

I really hope that's not their mentality...

A harsh fact is that, Blizzard needs to understand what story fans of StarCraft want (or would expect). Making Kerrigan "lol evil" like they did in Brood War was cool but kinda lame. So they decided to claim it as a "Dark-Voice-controlled" Kerrigan.

Yet, making Kerrigan totally on the "paragon side" is also lame. It's not what the Zerg Swarm should live up to.

Also @OP
NO. I don't think it's going to happen. StarCraft is not Warcraft in space, and I'm sure the writers, after being assaulted regarding their "prophecy thing", would be wise enough to not repeat the cliche.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 10:32 PMPosted by ZirobMahp
I actually recall hearing somewhere that the story line will start out with Kerrigan regaining control of the Swarm. After that she'll kill Mengsk, and then move on to Zerus and find a Metamorph to make the Swarm perfect. Unfortunately I don't remember where i heard this from. If anyone can find a link to that it'd be appreciated.

It that happens you'd essentially just prove she'd go right back to becoming the Queen of Blades.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 01:26 AMPosted by ragnarok

It that happens you'd essentially just prove she'd go right back to becoming the Queen of Blades.

No Kerrigan had no desire to make the swarm perfect, she only acted out like a spoiled brat throughtout BW, so in other words she becomes the overmind instead as opposed to lame BW kerrigan.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:25 AMPosted by StratosTygo

No Kerrigan had no desire to make the swarm perfect, she only acted out like a spoiled brat throughtout BW, so in other words she becomes the overmind instead as opposed to lame BW kerrigan.

Well either way I cannot see how they'll keep her on the side of good over the course of HotS. The Blizzcon 2011 trailer had shown otherwise.
Reply Quote
Well either way I cannot see how they'll keep her on the side of good over the course of HotS. The Blizzcon 2011 trailer had shown otherwise.

I don't think they will, but mind you I don't think blizzard is lame enough to undo WoL to make her QoB again.

I see it as her finally TRYING to make the swarm perfect, unlike before where she didn't care, in other words, I see it as Kerrigan becoming a more Overmindesque type now.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 11:58 AMPosted by StratosTygo

I don't think they will, but mind you I don't think blizzard is lame enough to undo WoL to make her QoB again.

I see it as her finally TRYING to make the swarm perfect, unlike before where she didn't care, in other words, I see it as Kerrigan becoming a more Overmindesque type now.

Why not? They never said they weren't going to use the mentality of "There's no SC fan alive who remembers Kerrigan was once good, so let's just take the shortcut and turn her right back into the QoB to save us the trouble"
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 12:28 PMPosted by ragnarok

Why not? They never said they weren't going to use the mentality of "There's no SC fan alive who remembers Kerrigan was once good, so let's just take the shortcut and turn her right back into the QoB to save us the trouble"

If they think that they haven't been reading the forums. I'm not the only person who remembers replaying New Gettysburg a lot trying to save Kerrigan.
Reply Quote

If they think that they haven't been reading the forums. I'm not the only person who remembers replaying New Gettysburg a lot trying to save Kerrigan.

That may well be, but the fact remains that Blizzard DID admit Kerrigan was extremely difficult to give personality to because for virtually her whole life she had been manipulated and all that.

My biggest concern is that when they were developing the single player, the developers decided it just couldn't be done to make Kerrigan anything BUT the Queen of Blades despite the deinfestation, since she's still associating herself with the Zerg.

Since the swarm is supposed to be ruthless and cold-hearted, it means to lead them, Kerrigan has to be the same way, and therefore under that logic, it's better to just turn her back into exactly the way she acted during infestation.
Reply Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Kerrigan have to defeat the broodmothers to gain control of their broods? She wouldn't need to go back to the Queen of Blades if she has generals. This way she can still remain semi-human but also lead the swarm against Mengsk.

Then go do whatever...
Reply Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Kerrigan have to defeat the broodmothers to gain control of their broods? She wouldn't need to go back to the Queen of Blades if she has generals. This way she can still remain semi-human but also lead the swarm against Mengsk.

Then go do whatever...

That's EXACTLY how the storyline is turning out, as far as we know. For example, on Char when she regained the brood from Za'gara, she defeated the Broodmother, but didn't kill her. Therefore, she added a capable leader to the swarm to assist her.
Reply Quote
My theirys,

a) Kerrigan merged with the cerbret (the player from broodwars/SC1) this is how she can regenerate and used as the cannon.

b) Kerrigan regains full control of the swarm all who stand before her die,

c) Kerrigan while being reinfested, retains her "humanity" allowing her to both be the new "overmind" while at the same time allowing the zerg some sense of being.
Reply Quote
My theirys,

a) Kerrigan merged with the cerbret (the player from broodwars/SC1) this is how she can regenerate and used as the cannon.

b) Kerrigan regains full control of the swarm all who stand before her die,

c) Kerrigan while being reinfested, retains her "humanity" allowing her to both be the new "overmind" while at the same time allowing the zerg some sense of being.

There are no more cerebrates left in the Zerg swarm. Kerrigan either killed them all after the Brood War, or they died naturally without the Overmind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]