StarCraft® II

Storyline Predictions

Gg. happy ending.

happy ending? then what about SC III?
Reply Quote

Gg. happy ending.

They'll finish LotV, then maybe another 10 to 15 years later, begin thinking about SC3.
Reply Quote

They'll finish LotV, then maybe another 10 to 15 years later, begin thinking about SC3.

2010-1988=12.
2010+12+2022.
The LotV will come out in 2016. SCIII will come out in 2022 if everything comes normal.
Reply Quote

2010-1988=12.
2010+12+2022.
The LotV will come out in 2016. SCIII will come out in 2022 if everything comes normal.

No, it'll be 2015. I suggest you do the math.

From July 27, 2010 to March 12, 2013 is 2 years, 7 months, and 2 weeks.

Therefore, 2 years, 7 months, and 2 weeks after March 12, 2013 should be October 27, 2015.
Reply Quote
You are correct, I Ragnarok I just wanted it too be the IG explenation for how she gained her regenerating powers in the game.

IMO it makes more sense that she would use the remaining ones than waist them, Making the last cerbreat give up his essense to transfer the regenerative ability to his charge, makes a touching meaning for her new found regeneration ability and gives a nice last act too the player who's soul purpose for being was to care for the overlords prize, raps things up nicely, all it would take is a sentence :P
Reply Quote
You are correct, I Ragnarok I just wanted it too be the IG explenation for how she gained her regenerating powers in the game.

IMO it makes more sense that she would use the remaining ones than waist them, Making the last cerbreat give up his essense to transfer the regenerative ability to his charge, makes a touching meaning for her new found regeneration ability and gives a nice last act too the player who's soul purpose for being was to care for the overlords prize, raps things up nicely, all it would take is a sentence :P

Call me stubborn, but I'm still going to stick to my belief that Blizzard is going to take the shortcut and turn Kerrigan back into EXACTLY the same way she was as the Queen of Blades because they are either too lazy to make her anything else, or believe that no SC fan alive today even remembers she was once good.

Until they release any new cutscene or cinematic that can show me otherwise, I'm not changing my mind about that part...
Edited by ragnarok on 11/25/2012 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 05:52 PMPosted by ragnarok
it's better to just turn her back into exactly the way she acted during infestation.

Well then blizz dug their own grave if they go with that, because I'm not going to enjoy doing something again for the third time.. -_-

I don't have any interest in undoing what I did in WoL
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 08:33 PMPosted by ragnarok
or believe that no SC fan alive today even remembers she was once good.

That's a good reason to actually change her, instead of rehashing the same QoB that is handed everything.
Reply Quote
I see Kerrigan becoming more and more like the Overmind and less and less the murderous monster she was in StarCraft I. She isn't good, but not evil either. Just a force of nature, like the Overmind was (and should've remained). Just my two cents. It seems like the logical 'maturation' of the character.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Justin
like the Overmind was (and should've remained). Just my two cents. It seems like the logical 'maturation' of the character.

Actually the overmind still is, his purpose was for the zerg, the "courage" thing was only because he had respect for his enemy's final stand, other than that he's still not good, but not evil either.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 09:05 AMPosted by StratosTygo
like the Overmind was (and should've remained). Just my two cents. It seems like the logical 'maturation' of the character.

Actually the overmind still is, his purpose was for the zerg, the "courage" thing was only because he had respect for his enemy's final stand, other than that he's still not good, but not evil either.
Right, forgot about the Q&A. What do you think of my theory besides that? It seems like it'd be rife for exploration (indeed, I explore this concept in the campaign I'm working on, so I'm probably slightly biased :P).
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 08:17 AMPosted by StratosTygo
or believe that no SC fan alive today even remembers she was once good.

That's a good reason to actually change her, instead of rehashing the same QoB that is handed everything.

Assuming Blizzard would spend the time for that.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 08:33 PMPosted by ragnarok
Call me stubborn, but I'm still going to stick to my belief that Blizzard is going to take the shortcut and turn Kerrigan back into EXACTLY the same way she was as the Queen of Blades because they are either too lazy to make her anything else, or believe that no SC fan alive today even remembers she was once good.

I wouldn't call you stubborn -- rather extremely narrow-minded if those are the only two reasons you can come up with for a Blizzard decision to turn her exactly the same way she was.

Incidentally, isn't HotS Kerrigan out to kill Mengsk as goal number one? That's already a difference from Brood War Queen of Blades:

I think I'll leave you here, Arcturus, among the ashes of your precious Dominion. I want you to live to see me rise to power and I want you to always remember, in your most private moments, that it was you who let me loose in the first place.

Her motivation has become much more human and much less cruel, it seems to me.

And WoL Queen of Blades didn't seem to care about Mengsk at all -- she had bigger problems, what with the whole artifacts that could strip her of power and inevitable end of the universe despair thing going on. :)
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Morthion

I wouldn't call you stubborn -- rather extremely narrow-minded if those are the only two reasons you can come up with for a Blizzard decision to turn her exactly the same way she was.

Incidentally, isn't HotS Kerrigan out to kill Mengsk as goal number one? That's already a difference from Brood War Queen of Blades:

I think I'll leave you here, Arcturus, among the ashes of your precious Dominion. I want you to live to see me rise to power and I want you to always remember, in your most private moments, that it was you who let me loose in the first place.

Her motivation has become much more human and much less cruel, it seems to me.

And WoL Queen of Blades didn't seem to care about Mengsk at all -- she had bigger problems, what with the whole artifacts that could strip her of power and inevitable end of the universe despair thing going on. :)

Well yeah, they already said that in the recent Q and A sessions.

The point however is this: because the Brood Mothers no longer feel Kerrigan is worthy to lead the swarm anymore, it's the reason why Kerrigan knew she had to become the Queen of Blades again to get them to follow her.

The question now seems to be will she be a different QoB than before...
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 10:40 PMPosted by ragnarok

What surprises me is that they felt they had to. :)
Reply Quote
Kerrigan's tricky, whatever she does will blow all of your noob brains.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Morthion

What surprises me is that they felt they had to. :)

If Blizzard is REALLY going to pay attention to the lore and to actually address Kerrigan's guilt over the years, they should mention Fenix and Raszagal over the course of HotS. I always disliked the fact that in Raynor's part of the story they just overlooked Fenix completely.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Thedecimator
Where was that trickiness in Wings of Liberty, I wonder.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Justin
Where was that trickiness in Wings of Liberty, I wonder.

That probably won't be explained until HotS. We haven't exactly gotten to see the situation from her perspective during WoL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]